The quote that sent me over the edge

Saying nothing is always an option.

As I noted. But, there isn't much a guy can say, if he decides to talk, that will sound good under the circumstances and piss this crowd off.

Talk isn't indicative of anything, in this situation.

As I noted. But, there isn't much a guy can say, if he decides to talk, that will sound good under the circumstances and piss this crowd off.

I don't disagree...Royal could say "Merry Christmas" and I would get peeved. But hearing the same stupid party line...from Royal of all people...that Dick IV is a really good thing because they wuv their coach sucks more than from most.

The questions is whether it's at all indicative of a skewed mindset they have...we'd rather keep the lovefest in the lockerroom going than win. And we're all ok with 0-6 in the division and being laughed at (which literally happened during and after the Jets game) and multiple in-game brainfarts that lose games because we all love Dick.

What should Robert Royal have said?

Just look at Thomas Jones comments about Brett "The Legend" Favre. Some times you got to call out a coach or a teammate. It stirs the pot. For those that argue it is not okay to stir the pot, that person will likely mention the Cowboys. The difference between the Cowboys and Bills is the Cowboys lack mental toughness. The Bills lack both mental toughness and the talent to succeed.

As others mentioned, notice that the guys that speak up from Jauron aren't starting material-Kelsay, Royal, and Butler. Butler is a backup that starts. Kelsay is an overpaid backup that starts. Royal is an injury prone backup that starts.

MAN THIS TEAM FRUSTRATES ME!!! :doh::lol::lol::lol::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Get rid of:

Jauron

Move Brandon to Marketing again. He doesn't know the draft or player development.

Get rid of offensive players:

Royal

Fowler

Losman

Jenkins

Whittle

Find some way to get out of the Dockery contract!

Get rid of defensive players:

Kelsay

McCargo

Corto

Wilson

Just look at Thomas Jones comments about Brett "The Legend" Favre.

Favre isn't his coach, and isn't likely to be the QB next year, for the Jets.

But, even with that said, the first thing I thought, when I heard Jone's comments was, "He's right, but that was the stupidest thing in the world to say publicly. What a dope!"

Favre isn't his coach, and isn't likely to be the QB next year, for the Jets.

But, even with that said, the first thing I thought, when I heard Jone's comments was, "He's right, but that was the stupidest thing in the world to say publicly. What a dope!"

I thought that too, until I heard that bit about how Favre hid during in a specially-designated office during practice downtime and wanted nothing to do with socializing with his teammates. It seems that some players are a little ticked that Favre didn't seem to be "all in" this season, so I can understand their frustration.

I thought that too, until I heard that bit about how Favre hid during in a specially-designated office during practice downtime and wanted nothing to do with socializing with his teammates. It seems that some players are a little ticked that Favre didn't seem to be "all in" this season, so I can understand their frustration.

WOW, I hadn't heard that. Still better to keep that stuff private, than to go public, IMO. (But, if that is true, I can understand.)

WOW, I hadn't heard that. Still better to keep that stuff private, than to go public, IMO. (But, if that is true, I can understand.)

Yeah I thought so, but maybe they are trying to push Favre into his "will I/won't I retire" mode early so they can get the soap opera out of the way in time to get a new QB in there.

BTW, here's the clip and link from ESPN:

"In this league, when you're the head coach or the quarterback and things don't go well, you're going to get a lot of the blame," safety Kerry Rhodes said earlier this week, adding that if Favre chooses to commit to the Jets for his 19th NFL season, he's got to be all in.

"If he's dedicated and he wants to come back and do this, and do it the right way ... and be here when we're here in training camp and the minicamps and working out with us ... then I'm fine with it," Rhodes said. "But don't come back if it's going to be half-hearted or he doesn't want to put the time in with us."

A veteran Jets player, quoted anonymously by Newsday, described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him.

"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone," the player told Newsday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines

I am happy to hear that Coach Jauron will be returning. Now, if you would excuse me I have to catch a flight to [anywhere] so I can begin my 3 month long training program that should help me learn to catch a football. Then, I'll be going to Trent's house for a few weeks of workouts. I had some opportunities in the passing game this year that didn't work out the way I'd like, so I am going to bust my a$$ this off-season in order to be prepaierd for next season.

I am happy to hear that Coach Jauron will be returning. Now, if you would excuse me I have to catch a flight to [anywhere] so I can begin my 3 month long training program that should help me learn to catch a football. Then, I'll be going to Trent's house for a few weeks of workouts. I had some opportunities in the passing game this year that didn't work out the way I'd like, so I am going to bust my a$$ this off-season in order to be prepaierd for next season.

That would be better (without the 2nd sentence, obviously). Of course, you and I will be waiting til...forever...before a player makes that statement.

Get rid of defensive players:

Wilson

This reminds me... I can't believe there wasn't more complaining here about how much of a kitty he looked like when we couldn't tackle Cassel in the open field before he got the first down last week. Think it was on like a 3rd and 6. I thought watching that play summarized how disappointing out D is at tacking and Opp. 3rd down Conversions.

Anyone know if there are stats anywhere that show opponents' 3rd down conversion percentage?

Tell me what he should have said, then.

In all seriousness, I think he could have said something to the effect of " I'm glad to see Ralph Wilson decided to retain coach Jauron for continuity sake, but as an organization we have under performed and will have to live up to our potential next season". This way he is not throwing his coach under the bus but letting the fans know that everyone is accountable himself included and that last year is not indicative of future performance.

P.S. I don't actually believe any player on the Bills team is capable of putting together a comprehensive thought like stated above but it is nice to dream. :devil:

In all seriousness, I think he could have said something to the effect of " I'm glad to see Ralph Wilson decided to retain coach Jauron for continuity sake, but as an organization we have under performed and will have to live up to our potential next season". This way he is not throwing his coach under the bus but letting the fans know that everyone is accountable himself included and that last year is not indicative of future performance.

P.S. I don't actually believe any player on the Bills team is capable of putting together a comprehensive thought like stated above but it is nice to dream. :devil:

Again, a good alternative. But, unlike you and me, he didn't have time to construct the perfect answer, and as you note, probably couldn't do it if he had the time. He gave a fairly bland, and positive, answer to a question. That's the extent of it. It really is indicative of nothing else.

Again, a good alternative. But, unlike you and me, he didn't have time to construct the perfect answer, and as you note, probably couldn't do it if he had the time. He gave a fairly bland, and positive, answer to a question. That's the extent of it. It really is indicative of nothing else.

I agree, listen to any player talk and all you hear is what their coaches say to them during the week. They just regurgitate all the clichés they hear during the work week. The problem is we do not have coaches who can inspire excellence from the players we have.

WINNER