Free Agency

MURTR

In wake of Ralph Wilson being a greedy bastard, there is no point dwelling on having DJ for another year. I personally think the only way Ralph can possibly keep fans interested is by making some significant moves in Free Agency. We all know he is not going to bring in any big money players, but some mid-level Kawika Mitchell type players could work. Anyone got a list of FAs?

Here is how i rank our needs:

1. "Black" DE

2. C

3. TE

4. OLB

5. FB

6. FS

In wake of Ralph Wilson being a greedy bastard, there is no point dwelling on having DJ for another year. I personally think the only way Ralph can possibly keep fans interested is by making some significant moves in Free Agency. We all know he is not going to bring in any big money players, but some mid-level Kawika Mitchell type players could work. Anyone got a list of FAs?

1. "Black" DE

Hell of a first post

We all know he is not going to bring in any big money players

Why do people always say this...ever heard of Dockery, Walker and even Stroud? Ralph went out and spent big money on FA's and brought in players via trade like Stroud...then extended Evans, Schobel, etc. to lucrative contracts. You can argue about how he spends his money, but you cant say he isnt willing to pay to bring FA's in as he has shown just the opposite the last couple of years, and even spent TOP dollar on some.

Mitchell was a good addition to our team and viewed as a good signing when we signed. Because he isnt say "ray lewis" doesnt mean he isnt a good signing.

This board will blame Ralph for not bringing in Haynesworth too, just watch, even though Haynesworth doesnt want to leave Tenn, Tenn doesnt want him to leave, and they are currently talking about a new contract...yet Ralph will still be labeled cheap for not getting a FA that is not coming here no matter what.

Hell of a first post

Haha, i am obviously joking about the "Black" part. I will take a DE who is purple, as long as he can get to the QB. Oh and as long as he is not "High-Motor." Shoot me if I have to hear that 1 more time.

1. "Black" DE

2. C

3. TE

4. OLB

5. FB

6. FS

I would flip 1 and 2 and also say that the Center needs to be a honkey.

The TE can be Hispanic because they some success in that position.

OLB prolly also black or maybe a white guy who did a lot of steroids.

FB could be one of those stocky Asian types--a Mamasan Korean sort.

FS can be a Pacific Islander--some relative of Mala kaliki maka Pollymalu maybe.

I would add that the Bills also need a backup QB. (White of course.)

Why do people always say this...ever heard of Dockery, Walker and even Stroud? Ralph went out and spent big money on FA's and brought in players via trade like Stroud...then extended Evans, Schobel, etc. to lucrative contracts. You can argue about how he spends his money, but you cant say he isnt willing to pay to bring FA's in as he has shown just the opposite the last couple of years, and even spent TOP dollar on some.

Mitchell was a good addition to our team and viewed as a good signing when we signed. Because he isnt say "ray lewis" doesnt mean he isnt a good signing.

This board will blame Ralph for not bringing in Haynesworth too, just watch, even though Haynesworth doesnt want to leave Tenn, Tenn doesnt want him to leave, and they are currently talking about a new contract...yet Ralph will still be labeled cheap for not getting a FA that is not coming here no matter what.

The Bills have signed middle-tier FAs in the past, and over-payed for them. I actually dont have a big problem with the those signings b/c lets face it, Buffalo has to pay a premium for players to even consider coming here. I don't expect them to sign All-Pros because I know that is not realistic. But if the retaining of DJ experiment is going to work, you have to bring in more than 2-3 significant FAs.

FS can be a Pacific Islander--some relative of Mala kaliki maka Pollymalu maybe.

JA thanks for adding some humor to what up to this point has been a humorless day after.

The Bills have signed middle-tier FAs in the past, and over-payed for them. I actually dont have a big problem with the those signings b/c lets face it, Buffalo has to pay a premium for players to even consider coming here. I don't expect them to sign All-Pros because I know that is not realistic. But if the retaining of DJ experiment is going to work, you have to bring in more than 2-3 significant FAs.

I agree...I was only pointing out that general consenus is that Ralph wont spend money, when he has been spending money. I am not defending HOW he spends his money, just stating that he is willing to pay to bring players in or retain players. Thats also a good point about overpaying to get players here...thats something WINNING can fix, thats for sure.

Dockery - was a big signing at the time as he was regarded as the 2nd best OL player that year and was gonna get big money no matter where he went.

Walker - Overpaid to get him here, but OL players were fetching big money when we signed him, so I was ok with it.

Both did help to improve our line, its not great, but it was way worse before they got here.

Denney and Kelsay were grossly over paid, I have less of an issue with Kelsay than Denney becuase Kelsay isnt as bad as people say he is and is a great locker room guy (still overpaid though), but Denney was a joke of a contract.

Schobel earned his contract when he got it.

Evans was paid on what he could be once we get the QB to get him the ball. He is a real talent.

Stroud was worth everything we gave to get him and whatever we are paying him.

Mitchell was a solid signing and literally was difference in two of our wins this year.

So all in all, it hasnt been a bad way to spend the money as most were pretty good additions. The worst were Kelsay and Denney, then maybe Walkers contract. But I have less of an issue with Walkers as thats just what it took to get OL players that year and it was what we needed most at the time.

I'm not. I know this cheap a$$ team won't go after him.

He doesnt want to leave Car and Haynesworth doesnt want to leave Tenn...both teams want to keep both players...kind of hard to go after players who want to stay where they are at...in fact Haynesworth is already working on his contract in Tenn...

Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones must be a cheap azz too for not signing Peppers and Haynesworth by that logic...

LMAO!

GO BILLS!!!

Straight, Gay, Bi or Tranny in each category?

A jew would be nice?