The OFFICIAL Joe In Macungie makes crappy threads thread

Chilly

Last time I went to a Roy Roger's, they used the real thing.

I loved their fried chicken. When I worked @ McDonald's years ago, I would walk over to Roy's for lunch. Is Roy Rogers even still in business? I thought they were all closed. There used to be one 'bout half an hour from me, but now it's become..............an Arby's. Yuck!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Long Ago in a Galaxy far away, Arby's used beef as it came off the cow, instead from an homogenizer. My guess is, is that Arby's contains an amount of hydrolyzed animal protein for flavor enhancement. HAP, as it's known in the food biz, is obtained by chemically treating bones and cuts like lips, eyelids, nostrils, etc. to extract the protein.

Bon apetit.

Last time I went to a Roy Roger's, they used the real thing.

I examined a piece or two of Arby's beef recently, and it looks to be a pressed "loaf" and not a true roast.

I loved their fried chicken. When I worked @ McDonald's years ago, I would walk over to Roy's for lunch. Is Roy Rogers even still in business? I thought they were all closed. There used to be one 'bout half an hour from me, but now it's become..............an Arby's. Yuck!

There's one in Clermont County here. That's east of Hamilton County (Cincinnati).

Haven't been there for 7 or 8 years - perhaps they just paid for the rights to use the name.

http://www.royrogersrestaurants.com/

There's one in Clermont County here. That's east of Hamilton County (Cincinnati).

Haven't been there for 7 or 8 years - perhaps they just paid for the rights to use the name.

Figures. Looks like Roy Rogers has gone the way of the Red Barn, another place w/ food I really liked that went out of business.