How is it bad that the players support Jauron?

Arkady Renko

No, I don't want them revolting. But, it is transparent, unsubstantial spin to post their quotes as "evidence" that Jauron and this staff have this team "headed in the right direction." 7-9 with a cream puff schedule, 0 wins against teams with winning records, 6 points in the last 3 home games ... those are the cold, hard facts that frame comments like, "Well, I'm glad we don't have to learn any new systems" as the drivel they are.

Only reason they support Jauron is cause half of them wouldnt see an NFL 53 man roster........Most would be on the practice squad.......

Agreed. It goes back to what many of us have been saying. There is no accountability for failure on this team. That's a wonderful thing if you're a player or coach drawing a check from this team. On the other hand, it pretty much sucks for the fans who have to foot the bill by paying for the tickets to see it.

There was a brief conversation on NFL Sirius last week (can't remember who the talking heads were; I think it was Ross Tucker and Pat Kirwan), and they agreed that older players will always support their current coach because a new coach will make ALL players suit up and bust ass during OTAs, mini camp, etc. I completely subscribe to that line of thinking. As a veteran player, why put yourself through that when you can cruise through camp with the current staff?

I don't care about whether the players like the coach, as long as they respect him. I played for coaches when I was in high school that I didn't like at the time because of how hard they made us work, but I respected them, and looking back I understand why they were hard on us, and it made us better players in the end.