Russ Brandon's Resume

MRM33064

.... should hit the desk of every other NFL front-office by about noon today. Unless, of course, he checked off "rush" service, in which case it'll arrive a bit earlier.

If he stays here, rest assured it certainly won't be because he wants to.

That's the other side of this ... which is ... what quality employee (executive, coach, player) wants to stick with an organization where ineptitude is acceptable and "leadership" is continually publicly emasculalted by the owner? They'll stick if they have no other alternative, but that's about it.

So, for 2009, what rising stars have Buffalo on their wish list? Sure, the current players are going to say nice things about their coach now (who's just been confirmed as their boss again), though do we think there was a flurry of calls from free agents to their respective agents clamoring for them to get them signed to a Bills contract when the Jauron news broke?

The Bills are just a place where someone "ends up", which is a real tragedy given the way the WNY community supports the team, and I fear this decision is going to have an impact far beyond disappointing fans by retaining a career-losing head coach.

if what people are saying is true and Russ did want Jauron gone, why would he stay? If he was the top guy but now Modrak is in there, even though he lives in Florida, how do you think it would make you feel. It's clear that Ralph doesn't really trust Russ to build the Buffalo Bills the right way. Russ has proved he's a smart guy and a forward thinker. I think he would be smart enough to know how to build the football side. How do we know that Russ didn't want to bring in a true GM and and a real coach?

Right now, it's pretty clear that Russ is COO in title only. After this little trip to Detroit, he's probably back talking to his family about his options. There's a lot of NFL teams or the NFL itself that could use Russ' talents. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on...

if what people are saying is true and Russ did want Jauron gone, why would he stay? If he was the top guy but now Modrak is in there, even though he lives in Florida, how do you think it would make you feel. It's clear that Ralph doesn't really trust Russ to build the Buffalo Bills the right way. Russ has proved he's a smart guy and a forward thinker. I think he would be smart enough to know how to build the football side. How do we know that Russ didn't want to bring in a true GM and and a real coach?

Right now, it's pretty clear that Russ is COO in title only. After this little trip to Detroit, he's probably back talking to his family about his options. There's a lot of NFL teams or the NFL itself that could use Russ' talents. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on...

I doubt he leaves before training camp. But I think he's definitely gone after next season. He has too much respect and love for Ralph to leave him twisting in the wind. He's smart and honorable. I don't know if he is a good football guy. But he is a good guy.

But Ralph - again - has chosen to neuter his higher ups. Now we know why Polian, Butler and Smith left. Anyone here who speaks ill of Butler again (except maybe for an atrocious draft that year) deserves to be whacked with uncooked noodles.

C

I doubt he leaves before training camp. But I think he's definitely gone after next season. He has too much respect and love for Ralph to leave him twisting in the wind. He's smart and honorable. I don't know if he is a good football guy. But he is a good guy.

But Ralph - again - has chosen to neuter his higher ups. Now we know why Polian, Butler and Smith left. Anyone here who speaks ill of Butler again (except maybe for an atrocious draft that year) deserves to be whacked with uncooked noodles.

C

If Brandon did want DJ gone, didn't Ralph leave Brandon 'twisting in the wind' by keeping DJ?

Ralph stripped off Brandon's pants w/ this one.

Brandon has no power, he's a figure-head. If he wants to stick around and play the role of the queen of England for a year, he can, it's his career.

If he wants to be taken seriously as a football guy in the NFL, he needs to get as far away from Ralph as he can.

After week 16 Brandon said that the season was unacceptable.

10 days later, Ralph tells Ed Kilgore there will be no changes, no changes in the front office, no changes in the staff. What authority does Brandon have?

I had a high opinion of Brandon before he became COO too. I wanted to see what he could do as the man in charge. The problem is, he’s not the man in charge.

Where is Brandon going to go? He hit the motherlode with this job. No responsibility or not, he is being paid a lot of money.

No other team is going to hire him as GM and no other team is going to hire DJ as head coach. So of course, they nod their heads in agreement.

Where is Brandon going to go? He hit the motherlode with this job. No responsibility or not, he is being paid a lot of money.

No other team is going to hire him as GM and no other team is going to hire DJ as head coach. So of course, they nod their heads in agreement.

Brandon will have plenty of opportunities. He marketed this team from 98 through at least this season. And quite successfully I might add, given the lack of success.

He would have plenty of people looking for a marketing guy who has been in the black hole of franchises. Think about what he could do with an average and major league team.

He won't leave, he has built his career with the Bills and whether he has stroke or not he is at the top of the org chart. The rest of the league doesn't respect the Bills and this discounts all the accomplishments on his resume. I believe he is a talented executive and only hope he starts to stand up to Wilson and most importantly gets him to go after some much needed top shelf talent. As it has been stating numerous times, being very active in Free agency is the only way to keep the fan base in the seats at this point.

He is at the top of the Bills org chart... which doesn't translate to a promotion to another team. Its very obvious Wilson wants to be surrounded by "yes" men. Modrak is half retired and already has proven he has no ambition when he passed on the GM position. Brandon is at a different place in his career, but would need to take a big demotion in title if he were to leave the Bills.

He is at the top of the Bills org chart... which doesn't translate to a promotion to another team. Its very obvious Wilson wants to be surrounded by "yes" men. Modrak is half retired and already has proven he has no ambition when he passed on the GM position. Brandon is at a different place in his career, but would need to take a big demotion in title if he were to leave the Bills.

Maybe in title - but not in responsibility or power. For instance, I can see the JAX owner giving him the keys to the kingdom to market the franchise in FL and surrounding areas (ie. AL, GA, etc.)

C

How about Denver or Cleveland if he wants he could get another gig. The rest of the league know Mr. Wilson has the entire franchise in disarray.

He won't leave, he has built his career with the Bills and whether he has stroke or not he is at the top of the org chart. The rest of the league doesn't respect the Bills and this discounts all the accomplishments on his resume. I believe he is a talented executive and only hope he starts to stand up to Wilson and most importantly gets him to go after some much needed top shelf talent. As it has been stating numerous times, being very active in Free agency is the only way to keep the fan base in the seats at this point.

new uniforms would do the trick.

uniforms need to be replaced anywhere - so no additional cost

fans would spend more on the new merchandize than the old stuff - thus bringing in more money

new uni's would create a buzz

Dick could worship the new satanic goathead emblem sure to be rolled out with the new unis

Really? What makes you think that? The title?

"Look, ma! I'm at the top of the inner circle!"

Ralph is a glutton for figureheads. First Levy, now Russell.

As long as they do what he says, they'll be at the top. Of course, doesn't the president oversee the COO? Oh wait, that's Ralphie too.

"Russ, get me some Depends! Right now!! Jerry Sullivan is skewering me again!"