From Passionate Fan to Detached Observer in 10 Painful Years

SDS

Am I dreaming or did ownership go to 4 Super Bowls in a row? The problem this year was resting our hopes on a "China Doll" QB. We need a QB not new ownership or coach.

JohninMinn.

Find Member's Posts Oct 5 2008, 12:09 PM Post #74

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,711

>>>>J.P. will get his chance this year. Get ready for the "Cinderella Story" <<<<

That was some Cinderella Story! :huh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not out by a long shot. Am I even in? Who really cares? I just don't get all worked up. Okay, maybe I do... So what, life is about passion. Heck, even if the game is being televised, sometimes I follow it on the sat radio (muted) or the internet/cell phone... Sometimes not even a glance... Even if it is a big game. Yet, I always check and see what happened and analyize the game. Same thing with the Sabres... Sometimes I do watch and even if I do, I just go about my normal business... Whatever I am doing to run my life. Again, I always follow what happens. Winning and losing doe not distract from my life.

What I am saying is that you can multi-task taking in games... I have been doing it for years... Every Sabre and Bills game... Winning or losing. There really is no emotional attachment to that. Ya, the nevousness is a little ramped up during say a big hockey or playoff game (both football and hockey). I will go to games in BFLO as I will go to out of town games. I won't go to the January 14th Chicago BlackHawks game becuase now most of the seats are hard to get and too expensive... They (home games) are all on TV anyway now since old man Wirtz kicked the bucket/bought the farm.

I just never understood the physical attachment to the games. I do understand the emotional attachment. As you all know I live near Chicago. A couple of years ago one of my son's friend's father (also a strange Cubs' fan) got all unhinged because I offered to do a tour of where I work for my son's Cub Scout pack... Right smack dab in the middle of the Bills-Bears game... He was a Bear's fan. It was a great tour! Not so great game for the Bills. The guy was still bitter he missed it live even though Rex Grossman and the Bears romped. I can't figure it out but some people become comatose during a game. What, you can't do something else?

And yes... I don't care if the team is winning or losing. I don't know why people get so worked up. It is not all or nothing.

I care just as much, but life doesn't have to stop physically and emotionally. I don't understand what all the whining is about. IMHO, it is not about being "out" or "in"... WTF?? I know when the games are on, again both Sabres (82 games) and Bills (16 games).

So what... They win which is GREAT... Ya, and if they lose... Oh well.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. :huh: :huh:

Just my 2 cents.

That's a great post. Sums up my feelings exactly. What I can't understand is why some here seem to get angry at people like us for not being bitter.