Jauron Fan Club- No haters please

DDD

I'm in the minority here but I like Jauron as our coach. Funny, when we were 5-1 no one was complaining. He's a bright articulate accountable man. Here's what I like:

1. The players respect and play hard for him

2. He puts the best players on the field regardless of draft status - started Edwards over Losman last year, benched McCargo, Greer over McKelvin

3. The team is well-organized and structured

4. Takes the fall for his players and coaches- do you really think he called that roll out against the Jets?. No way. I see the character Levy liked in him

5. The team is disciplined and takes alot less stupid penalties than under Mularkey, Philips, Greggo. This year's squad was the least penalized in team history

6. The guy is impressive when you hear him speak- tremendous leadership qualities. He's not an emotional guy and I respect that.

7. He's a team first guy. Put Crowell on IR when Crowell dropped the surgery bomb on the team one week before the opening game. And don't beieve what you hear from Crowell. No way the Bills resign him.

8. He needs better players. Both Levy and Billichek were sub .500 coaches in KC and Cleveland. Funny how a HOF QB makes a coach look good. Dungy couldn't win in Tampa but won with Manning in Indy.

I expect the Bills to be very active in free agency. Look for 1-2 big name players to come to Buffalo. Jauron is a quality coach. :lol:

I'm not sure I'd call myself a fan of Jauron, but I'm not a hater, and I appreciate a lot of what he's done. His problems, to me, are in critical game situations - playcalling (and even there his roll isn't clear, but he takes the fire when it blows up). And I think he needs to be tougher getting the players ready to play - especially practicing outside as often as possible.

See, I think that you've got the whole optimism thing all wrong.

I like Jauron enough to root for him next season, however you can't pretend he is fan club worthy. He undeniably messed up this season, and is getting a rare fourth chance to succeed by Ralph Wilson. I think if he finds away to get the offense rolling, he could be successful. Still, it is difficult to deny that he is a career loser.

You can't just ignore that and pretend to have a fanclub for the guy. I mean he cost us some valuable games, and with his extension I'm willing to see if continuity is what the team needed, or if injury just forced the team to slip into mediocrity once more.

I'm in the minority here but I like Jauron as our coach. Funny, when we were 5-1 no one was complaining. He's a bright articulate accountable man. Here's what I like:

2. He puts the best players on the field regardless of draft status - started Edwards over Losman last year, benched McCargo, Greer over McKelvin

4. Takes the fall for his players and coaches- do you really think he called that roll out against the Jets?. No way. I see the character Levy liked in him

5. The team is disciplined and takes alot less stupid penalties than under Mularkey, Philips, Greggo. This year's squad was the least penalized in team history

6. The guy is impressive when you hear him speak- tremendous leadership qualities. He's not an emotional guy and I respect that.

7. He's a team first guy. Put Crowell on IR when Crowell dropped the surgery bomb on the team one week before the opening game. And don't beieve what you hear from Crowell. No way the Bills resign him.

8. He needs better players. Both Levy and Billichek were sub .500 coaches in KC and Cleveland. Funny how a HOF QB makes a coach look good. Dungy couldn't win in Tampa but won with Manning in Indy.

I expect the Bills to be very active in free agency. Look for 1-2 big name players to come to Buffalo. Jauron is a quality coach. :lol:

Dungy was 54-42 in his 5 years in Tampa waht do you mean he coudnt win??????

bull sh--. Fred Jackson and Jabari Greer only got a chance when the guys ahead of them were injured and they had to play. As for your Edwards claim, guess how he got his first look? When JP was injured.

How about Steve Johnson? It only took until the end of the season to realize that he's more effective than James Hardy. It was clear to everyone that Hardy wasn't grasping the system early in the season and because of his draft status he was getting more reps than Steve Johnson, which contradicts your point.

No haters please. Go to BB.com and see just how supportive the players are of him. What do they know? They only see and play for him everyday of the season.

Look, if you want to put a positive spin on Jauron's tenure in Buffalo, or even Chicago, please do. But get off the whole 'players love him' crappola.

Players who truly love their coach play hard for him, and it's impossible to argue that the Bills players played hard during their coma-inducing efforts against San Francisco, Miami (twice), Cleveland, and New England (twice).

Players loving a coach is bull sh--, plain and simple. Duke Preston loves Jauron because he isn't benched when he can't tell the difference between a QB standing behind him (with his hands under his ass) and a QB standing in the shotgun.

I'm a fan and have been one for over 30 years, and I watched this team play 16 games. The majority of their effort was subpar. So I really couldn't give a crap what they think about their coach.

So if you think that Jauron has a brilliant defensive mind (he doesn't), or is able to prepare his team each week (he can't), or is some brillant tactician (yeah, right), or make smart game decisions (hahahaha), post them. Becasue we could care less what Preston or Kelsay say about their enabler, I mean coach, Dick Jauron.

1. That's what the players tell everyone because they aren't held accountable and don't have to worry about getting called out for bad play.

2. Agree

3. What makes you think that, he's made crucial, bad game decisions that show that he is not at all organized during nearly every game this season!

4. That's all fine and dandy, but once again he doesn't hold anyone accountable for their poor play.

5. It's not too hard to do when you are playing not to lose. There are several examples of this all year ie. the Pats game right before the half, he was trying to kick a field goal instead of throwing one into the end zone, to possibly get a TD, and if that didn't work, at least the clock would have stopped.

6. Football is an emotional game, I would like a Coach with some emotion. He's a book smart guy that cannot think on his feet and sounds as if he's reading from a script.

7. Agree

8. The players are not that bad, we have as much talent as the Dolphins and look what they did with a coach with some fire. Players coaches are great in pee wee football, but these are grown men that need some discipline and accountablility. Jauron is a career underachieving coach. I truly believe DJ is insane, because he keeps trying to do the same thing and expects a different result!

8. The players are not that bad, we have as much talent as the Dolphins and look what they did with a coach with some fire. Players coaches are great in pee wee football, but these are grown men that need some discipline and accountablility. Jauron is a career underachieving coach. I truly believe DJ is insane, because he keeps trying to do the same thing and expects a different result!

Our offensive line doesn't compare to theirs- they have one of the best in the league. Our RB's aren't as good either

He has made some bad gameday decisions. I have to believe he has learned from his mistakes. He isn't an idiot. and trust me, i know this is not the strongest argument since the guy has had more than a few nfl games to get this stuff down. still, the bills are young and while you can blame jauron for being conservative at the end of the half against the pats, you can't fault him for duke preston acting like an idiot.

People on this board who want to trade peters or fire jauron are swinging blindly in the dark.

maybe peters is a malcontent. he is also one of the best LTs I have seen. better than will wolford was in his prime. better than bruce armstrong was when he gave bruce all he could handle. maybe not munoz due to some inconsistency, but i think he gets better. jauron has not been the second coming of shula, but he isn't hank bullough either. i will join his fan club because he is the best option for the bills going into 2009.

Patience, grasshoppers, the team will rise.

Look, if you want to put a positive spin on Jauron's tenure in Buffalo, or even Chicago, please do. But get off the whole 'players love him' crappola.

Players who truly love their coach play hard for him, and it's impossible to argue that the Bills players played hard during their coma-inducing efforts against San Francisco, Miami (twice), Cleveland, and New England (twice).

Players loving a coach is bull sh--, plain and simple. Duke Preston loves Jauron because he isn't benched when he can't tell the difference between a QB standing behind him (with his hands under his ass) and a QB standing in the shotgun.

I'm a fan and have been one for over 30 years, and I watched this team play 16 games. The majority of their effort was subpar. So I really couldn't give a crap what they think about their coach.

So if you think that Jauron has a brilliant defensive mind (he doesn't), or is able to prepare his team each week (he can't), or is some brillant tactician (yeah, right), or make smart game decisions (hahahaha), post them. Becasue we could care less what Preston or Kelsay say about their enabler, I mean coach, Dick Jauron.

Chicsgo atleast got to see a 13-3 season and the playoffs to make up for his other twi dismal seasons :lol:

My head almost exploded reading your post. Time to educate.

He goes easy on them. He does not hold them accountable. He give them way too much time off and lets them practice inside. Of course they love him. If you had a job getting paid millions of dollars to fail and no on held you accountable for it, you would love your boss too.

As someone above posted this statement is flat out incorrect.

I don't know where you were going with this comment. Where you talking about the Jills?

This doesn't even matter. My mother has a lot of character but I don't want her to coach the Bills.

The team was also 7-9. The one this that matters.

See #4. Holds no water.

Good coaches make average players better.

So if you think that Jauron has a brilliant defensive mind (he doesn't), or is able to prepare his team each week (he can't), or is some brillant tactician (yeah, right), or make smart game decisions (hahahaha), post them. Becasue we could care less what Preston or Kelsay thing about their enabler, I mean coach, Dick Jauron.

:lol: Outstanding.

Of course those lazy under-achievers love Dick so much. He doesn't make them accountable for their poor play. He starts the excuses up at the podium mintues after each loss, and the players just sing that tune right along with him. Funny how the "young genius" from the Jets had the same type of personality Dick had, and when his players tanked on him going from 8-3-0 to out of the playoffs themselves, Mangini was fired. And Mangini took the Jets to the playoffs in one of his three seasons.

It's hard to believe Dick has a thread like this started for him. I'm not really a "hater", but all those good points Jauron allegedly has had better get the Bills into the playoffs next season, or there really will be zero ticket season holders going into the 2010 season.

Our offensive line doesn't compare to theirs- they have one of the best in the league. Our RB's aren't as good either

You think that Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are better than Marshawn and Fred Jackson, not me. If anything they are about equal.

I'm not a hater, but not a Jauron fan either....hopefully Jauron makes something of this coming year.

My big thing is they need to learn from their mistakes. You always hear the players saying it, but many of the repeated mistakes were made by the coaching staff: poor clock management, poor adjustments (McGee getting burned at Miami, DE's covering RBs on routes, etc...).

I really do hope the continuity makes up for the lackluster coaching....because no matter how you couch it, the coaching was lackluster. I think some a lot of it can be attributed to Schonert being a rookie OC....but I think Jauron is simply an average to below average coach.

All in all, I personnally would rather keep Jauron at least another year, instead of blowing up the staff...additionally, the Bills have bigger problems.....like getting a GM on staff.

He goes easy on them. He does not hold them accountable. He give them way too much time off and lets them practice inside. Of course they love him. If you had a job getting paid millions of dollars to fail and no on held you accountable for it, you would love your boss too.

The team was also 7-9. The one this that matters.

Good coaches make average players better.

Let me start with point 8- he did make them better. We overachieved this season. That offensive line won't support a 10-win team. You are more likely going to win 6 with that group....same with the D-line.

Point 5- if you go just by record, a lot of good coaches would get fired every day.

As far as accountability- what would you do? Put lesser players out there? Yank Preston and you are putting Fowler (or worse out there) Fact is, we just don't have players

That said, I am neither here nor there on this issue- he isn't a bad coach and he isn't a hall of famer either

He has made some bad gameday decisions. I have to believe he has learned from his mistakes. He isn't an idiot. and trust me, i know this is not the strongest argument since the guy has had more than a few nfl games to get this stuff down. still, the bills are young and while you can blame jauron for being conservative at the end of the half against the pats, you can't fault him for duke preston acting like an idiot.

Actually, you can. Well coached players understand game situations. If the call was to run the ball and get off the field, there's no excuse for Preston not being on the same page as the rest of the offense. In the 16th game of the season, Preston had no awareness what was going on in the game, a classic sign of a poorly-coached player.

People on this board who want to trade peters or fire jauron are swinging blindly in the dark.

maybe peters is a malcontent. he is also one of the best LTs I have seen. better than will wolford was in his prime. better than bruce armstrong was when he gave bruce all he could handle. maybe not munoz due to some inconsistency, but i think he gets better. jauron has not been the second coming of shula, but he isn't hank bullough either. i will join his fan club because he is the best option for the bills going into 2009.

Patience, grasshoppers, the team will rise.

I agree with you on Peters, but he seems to be an extremely immature player, one who needs a tough coach to help him focus and rise to the next level. Jauron is ultimately responsible for managing the young players on the roster. Too many of these young players seem to be backsliding under his guidance.

As for Jauron, his record is there for all to see. He has not shown any evidence that he is in the same league as Bill Belichick, much less Mike Singletary. In addition to some stupid game decisions, his players did not show up for several games this season.

There are many better options for the Bills going forward next season. Miami, Baltimore, and Atlanta are all going to the playoffs with first year coaches. None of those coaches are big-names with big contracts. Smith and Harbaugh are also coaching rookie QBs.

Jauron has not proven that he can beat teams with winning records, that the cover 2 works in the poor weather, that he can run a power running game, or even that he can generate pressure on the QB.

I'll always have patience with the Bills. I was a fan long before Jauron darkened their door, and will be one when Wilson makes his final exit and Jauron is scounting for Arena football teams.

But that doesn't change the fact that under Jauron, 2009 will be another lost year for the Bills.

I'm with you. I still don't think Jauron is the only thing that made the Bills falter this year. I don't know if he is the answer either though. I'm just not for constant upheaval of the system. The best teams, over an extended period of time, have continuity in their staff. If nothing changes next season, then get rid of him.

BTW, he does have his work cut out for him next year too. Better teams on the schedule, and it looks like better coaching in the division. I would like to see Jauron with a season without major, key player multi-game injuries.

You think that Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are better than Marshawn and Fred Jackson, not me. If anything they are about equal.

I think they are- but it might be the fact that their offensive line is much better than ours

I think they are- but it might be the fact that their offensive line is much better than ours

I don't think there is any doubt about that. Our O-line is over paid and extremely under talented...including our All Pro left tackle that will probably hold out again.

And that is my major knock on Jauron, he focuses on DB's so much that he doesn't give near enough attention to the O line. (there are a few other knocks too, but that's one)

Put your money where your mouth is. Buy an autographed photo of him behind the podium in a suit (I think it's a suit) for $20 delivered.