Another Wade Phillips Situation?

Gerry

Most likely scenario: having committed to DJ for 3 more years and not wanting to eat the salary, RW demands that some of the coaching staff be fired. DJ gets the boot only if he refuses, and Bobby April takes over to maintain continuity (and at a bargain basement salary). RW then contests paying DJ's salary like he did with Wade; history repeats itself.

Most likely scenario: having committed to DJ for 3 more years and not wanting to eat the salary, RW demands that some of the coaching staff be fired. DJ gets the boot only if he refuses, and Bobby April takes over to maintain continuity (and at a bargain basement salary). RW then contests paying DJ's salary like he did with Wade; history repeats itself.

Could very well happen. Thanks for bringing up that Ronnie Jones-Wade Philips disaster. :sick:

Welcome to TBD! Be sure to get that wine to mead! To answer your question I think that history could repeat itself with RW at the helm, that old bastard!

Oops...just noticed it was your first post. Sorry to jump all over you on your first day.

This is a pretty active community with a lot of posters. Get to know the place and have a look around. My advice (for what it is worth) is read more than post, for a while. You will find that what you are thinking about is probably already being discussed, and probably in multiple threads.

I read your post and had already had it up to here (I'm holding my hand over my head) with people (experienced posters) starting a thread when they exact same topic is being discussed on the very next thread down. Some folks here think their opinion is so VERY important, or special, that it requires its own thread. And, some are simply too lazy to read what others have to say, but expect others to read their very important opinion.

But, you are new here, and deserve a break. My bad on this one. You have my apologies.

It is okay. No big deal about the previous threads. I have only been on the board about a month. Major mistake by me.... I started a topic to lobby for the Pro Bowl and recommended voting a straight Bills ticket for best results. Only problem was that the voting had started A MONTH before. I acknowleged the goof and confessed to having had too much of Mead's famous wine.

Welcome!

As Dean said (he really isn't abusive as his original response would lead you to believe :sick: ), it's been discussed ad nauseum around here, but I honestly think this will be different from the Wade situation. Provided no real extension exists, Jauron's contract is up, so Ralph doesn't have to fire him because Jauron wouldn't fire someone else.

But speaking of continuity, why is this becoming a big deal? I know the players want it to keep the same system, but the same system hasn't been working. This is almost like preferring to take your car into the shop every week to get something fixed just because you like the reclining bucket seats.

Welcome!

As Dean said (he really isn't abusive as his original response would lead you to believe :sick: ), it's been discussed ad nauseum around here, but I honestly think this will be different from the Wade situation. Provided no real extension exists, Jauron's contract is up, so Ralph doesn't have to fire him because Jauron wouldn't fire someone else.

But speaking of continuity, why is this becoming a big deal? I know the players want it to keep the same system, but the same system hasn't been working. This is almost like preferring to take your car into the shop every week to get something fixed just because you like the reclining bucket seats.

Often, with new coaches, terminology changes, an entirely new playbook is issued, maybe a different Defense, that requires players with different skills, etc. Now, I agree that there needs to be some changes and a LOT of improvement. If a proven NFL winner comes in, and wants to make major changes, I could probably stomach another rebuild. But, if someone could keep SOME continuity while changing the things that needed to be changed, that would be ideal, IMO.

I'd like to see a guy come in who likes the basic makeup of the team, and has a vision, and a plan, for how to improve it without taking a step backwards.

Often, with new coaches, terminology changes, an entirely new playbook is issued, maybe a different Defense, that requires players with different skills, etc. Now, I agree that there needs to be some changes and a LOT of improvement. If a proven NFL winner comes in, and wants to make major changes, I could probably stomach another rebuild. But, if someone could keep SOME continuity while changing the things that needed to be changed, that would be ideal, IMO.

I'd like to see a guy come in who likes the basic makeup of the team, and has a vision, and a plan, for how to improve it without taking a step backwards.

And I think this is very possible with this group, save for the offensive and defensive lines.

And I think this is very possible with this group, save for the offensive and defensive lines.

Man the O-line is getting a lot more flack than it deserves these days. Sure we should draft a C and probably a G in free agency but they've been solid since the Cleveland game.