This is why Dick is a failure as coach

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...cks-excuse.html

When asked about the play at the end of the half yesterday he blamed the officials :flirt: not himself, not Preston but the officials.

It's a big conspiracy against us!!! Doomed!!! I think Dick may be a poster here... :thumbsup:

He's not a failure because he doesn't take the blame and admit he makes idiotic calls, he's a failure because he makes idiotic calls.

I mean seriously, think about that play. 22 seconds left and he overrules the O coordinator to call a running play up the gut. HE doesn't get the play in on time so they end up rushing to the line and snapping the ball with 1 second on the play clock. Aftter Jackson runs ahead for 3 yards there were about 17 seconds left on the play clock.

So now, you had 17 seconds to get all of the offense off of the feild and the kicking unit on to it. Even if they were ready to do so (which they weren't), they would, at best, have 10 seconds to line up for the kick. Normally that would be fine, but there were 70 MPH wind gusts in the stadium. Wouldn't you want your kicker (who had already missed in the game) to take his time and get ready for the kick?

He's a failure because he fails to realize what works well in practice (against our defense), might not work as well a gainst the Pats*. Especially when the weather is that bad. He may be book smart, but he is dumb when it comes to things like that.

He's not a failure because he doesn't take the blame and admit he makes idiotic calls, he's a failure because he makes idiotic calls.

I mean seriously, think about that play. 22 seconds left and he overrules the O coordinator to call a running play up the gut. HE doesn't get the play in on time so they end up rushing to the line and snapping the ball with 1 second on the play clock. Aftter Jackson runs ahead for 3 yards there were about 17 seconds left on the play clock.

So now, you had 17 seconds to get all of the offense off of the feild and the kicking unit on to it. Even if they were ready to do so (which they weren't), they would, at best, have 10 seconds to line up for the kick. Normally that would be fine, but there were 70 MPH wind gusts in the stadium. Wouldn't you want your kicker (who had already missed in the game) to take his time and get ready for the kick?

He's a failure because he fails to realize what works well in practice (against our defense), might not work as well a gainst the Pats*. Espesially when the wheather is that bad. He may be book smart, but he is dumb when it comes to things like that.

He might have been a hell of a defensive back (I'm old enough to remember), he might be an IVY leaguer, but he might also be mentally retarded... which today might get you into an IVY league school.

Did he really over-rule Turk on this? I've heard this in a few places, but never got any confirmation.

He's a failure because he fails to realize what works well in practice (against our defense), might not work as well a gainst the Pats*. Espesially when the wheather is that bad. He may be book smart, but he is dumb when it comes to things like that.

Book smarts vs street smarts. Jauron hasn't exactly shown much ability to think on his feet during the game. It's almost as if everything that happens is not in his book of "what to do when XYZ happens".

Did he really over-rule Turk on this? I've heard this in a few places, but never got any confirmation.

Book smarts vs street smarts. Jauron hasn't exactly shown much ability to think on his feet during the game. It's almost as if everything that happens is not in his book of "what to do when XYZ happens".

I assumed Dick called the play because he was on the sideline talking to Trent about what to run. Turk is up in the booth and can use the headset. That's why they had to run to the line and snap it with one second left.

Plus, in the post game presser, dick was talking about how much they practiced it and why he thought they had enough time to run it. So even if he himself didn't call it, he knew about ahead of time.

Book smarts vs street smarts. Jauron hasn't exactly shown much ability to think on his feet during the game. It's almost as if everything that happens is not in his book of "what to do when XYZ happens". B-)

You hit it right on the head for me, no other way to explain it, he is clueless. He never has them truly prepared.

Your points may be taken a little more seriously if only you had a clue on how to spell!

He's a failure because he fails to realize what works well in practice (against our defense), might not work as well a gainst the Pats*. Especially when the weather is that bad. He may be book smart, but he is dumb when it comes to things like that.

Obviously, the clock was horribly mismanaged at the end of the half...and the HC has to take the bulk of the blame. (I would have fired him in the locker room at halftime.) But, I can see how running on that play isn't a horrendous call IF you are going for it on 4th down, and have a two plays called and ready to go. 22 seconds is plenty of time to run two plays. As that wasn't the case, it was a terrible call.

To add further to the mess, I blame Jauron, and to some extent the QB, for not making it CRYSTAL clear what the situation was, and that the team had to hustle off the field PRONTO at the end of the play. Several Bills players, not just Preston, were still milling around on the field, as far as I could tell.

Obviously, the clock was horribly mismanaged at the end of the half...and the HC has to take the bulk of the blame. (I would have fired him in the locker room at halftime.) But, I can see how running on that play isn't a horrendous call IF you are going for it on 4th down, and have a two plays called and ready to go. 22 seconds is plenty of time to run two plays. As that wasn't the case, it was a terrible call.

To add further to the mess, I blame Jauron, and to some extent the QB, for not making it CRYSTAL clear what the situation was, and that the team had to hustle off the field PRONTO at the end of the play. Several Bills players, not just Preston, were still milling around on the field, as far as I could tell.

In the post game interviews, Trent said that he had to run over to the sidelines to get the play because they didn't get it to him through the helmet speaker before the 15 sec cut-off so he had to rush to the line just to get the snap off. That's :censored: typical of this coaching staff.

Agreed that folks seem to be looking for some pat theory to explain why Jauron is a failure (though often these theories are simply not consistent with all the facts- for example some complain he is too conservative but the simple facts are in his first season he went for the jugular against the Pats with a 7 point lead late in the game when the Bills had a 4th and 1 for the TD but instead of doing the correct thing and conservatively going for the FG and forcing the Pats to score twice with time limited, WM forgot the down and the Bills turned it over and the Pats marched and won, likewise he went for the win even though a chipshot FG would have put us in command against Dallas and they pulled of the miracle as TE threw and INT, likewise if they had simply burned clock instead of calling an ill-JP run, they may well have won if we had gone conservative).

This thread seems to imply that Jauron that the problem was Jauron avoiding fault when actually from his clear declaration that the dumb JP run was his call he has the loyalty of Bills players because he does take a lot of personal blame.

The problem Jauron has is that as in the above examples Jauron simply made calls that were bad and did not work.

In my humble opinion he should not avoid taking and bearing responsibility for these and other bad calls. The problem I see starts at the top where Ralph seems to have set a standard of being satisfied with mediocrity. He simply has not cut the checks to take the risk to acquire players like Tony Gonzales when this team was clearly in desperate need of a TE threat and when a longtime Pro Bowl level player would have supplemented the lack of player leadership this very young team had.

Is Jauron at fault?

Yep (though I doubt Ralph will take the deserved step of canning him after 3 years of the same mediocre record as it will cost him some bucks to have a coach under contract sit or have his pay supplemented when he goes elsewhere to DC), However fish rot from the head down and the buck stops with Ralph. He deserves plaudits for keeping the team in this small market but also deserves to be correctly held accountable for the record of mediocrity his teams have brought since the Polian era.