Video of explosives

Mickey

Apparently the explosives were still there on April 18, 2003 with IAEA seals intact according to the video tape from a Minnesota local TV station that had a crew traveling with the 101st Airborne. I am no weapons inspector and certainly, more evidence is likely to be developed over the next few days so I don't think this tape is necessarily dispositive of the issue. Even so, this tape is obviously a critical piece of evidence. Those who ignore it are pretty much playing ostrich. Again, it may not be dispositive but it certainly can't be ignored.

Judge for yourself:

Video Shows Explosives Were There

Videotape shot by a Minnesota television crew traveling with U.S. troops in Iraq when they first opened the bunkers at the Al-Qaqaa munitions base nine days after the fall of Saddam Hussein shows what appeared to be high explosives still in barrels and bearing the markings of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

"The photographs are consistent with what I know of Al-Qaqaa," David Kay, a former American official who directed the hunt in Iraq for unconventional weapons and visited the site, told The New York Times. "The damning thing is the seals. The Iraqis didn't use seals on anything. So I'm absolutely sure that's an IAEA seal."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/20...q-weapons_x.htm

Interesting how Bush defenders are throwing out different explainations to see which will stick; we don't know what happened, the Russians removed them, there were Iraqi trucks there beforehand, our troops never saw the explosives at the site, Guiliani saying it was our troops fault. Drip, drip, drip, the pool of evidence of a failed policy and plan continues to fill daily.

Videotape shot by a Minnesota television crew traveling with U.S. troops in Iraq when they first opened the bunkers at the Al-Qaqaa munitions base nine days after the fall of Saddam Hussein shows what appeared to be high explosives still in barrels and bearing the markings of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

"The photographs are consistent with what I know of Al-Qaqaa," David Kay, a former American official who directed the hunt in Iraq for unconventional weapons and visited the site, told The New York Times. "The damning thing is the seals. The Iraqis didn't use seals on anything. So I'm absolutely sure that's an IAEA seal."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/20...q-weapons_x.htm

Interesting how Bush defenders are throwing out different explainations to see which will stick; we don't know what happened, the Russians removed them, there were Iraqi trucks there beforehand, our troops never saw the explosives at the site, Guiliani saying it was our troops fault. Drip, drip, drip, the pool of evidence of a failed policy and plan continues to fill daily.

90901[/snapback]

Again....as AD said, if there really WERE 400 tons of explosives there, HOW exactly did they disappear? You're talking about 80 50 ton trucks worth or

800000 (EIGHT HUNDRED-THOUSAND) pounds of explosives. You mean to tell me that somehow, someway those things were taken out like 50-60 pounds at a time by indurgents over a 2 year period and NO ONE caught them? Doubtful.

Or maybe they backed up 80 trucks to the ammo dump and took it all at once? Again, doubtful, becuase if they did, they'd be charred mounds of vehicles and flesh. So how did they disappear, oh all-knowing one?

What disgusts me about you and your ilk is how you CHEER setbacks in Iraq.

You are sunshine patriots, and anti-American no matter how vocally you claim to love this country. I spit at your feet, sir.

The guy I talked to was on an official site survey in early May. He tells me that the RDX and HMX weren't there in anything like those amounts. There were thousands of tons of other crap, because it's an explosives factory. They even found a small amount of Sarin. So, if he is correct-and giving all the Bush and his Army people are all stupid crowd the benefit of the doubt, all 380 tons of material would have to have been removed in less than a 30 day window. Pretty strong accomplishment to pull that off under everyone's noses.

The guy I talked to was on an official site survey in early May. He tells me that the RDX and HMX weren't there in anything like those amounts. There were thousands of tons of other crap, because it's an explosives factory. They even found a small amount of Sarin. So, if he is correct-and giving all the Bush and his Army people are all stupid crowd the benefit of the doubt, all 380 tons of material would have to have been removed in less than a 30 day window. Pretty strong accomplishment to pull that off under everyone's noses.

90941[/snapback]

Yes, especially considering this

The only two major roads around the site in those weeks had a very strong US presence.

90941[/snapback]

Never underestimate the determination of a people with nothing, and nothing to lose.

And what's so SWEET about this whole thing? That all those embedded reporters who were supposed to come back with images to move the masses to patriot fervor, to shock with world with our power and might...are the source of this latest documentation of Bush's continued incompetence.

ahhhh justice.

Never underestimate the determination of a people with nothing, and nothing to lose.

90996[/snapback]

You are, of course, referring to the mainstream media, right?

Still no explanation as to how 'looters' would make off with 400 tons of explosives? Where and how? And with US troops all over the two major roads in and out of the facility. Still not conclusive that we're seeing HMX and RMX, and how much? Is there any evidence that what we're supposedly missing has been used against our troops?

And still no explanation as to why less than a tenth of one percent of Iraq's munitions that have been accounted for is a major scandal? If this is a big deal, why aren't we celebrating the other 99.9% of the stuff we've locked down or destroyed already?

BTW, this USA Today article from last April is very interesting to me. The explosives the Iraqi's planted under their bridge (third picture in the photo gallery) look familiar.

USA Today

I know it's crazy but I can see Iraqis using the explosives they had to try to help their war effort back in April 2003.