OT- For those of you still living in Buffalo

twist_to_open

After leaving Cheektowaga 28 years ago to join the Navy, I just got back to Virginia Beach from a week visiting my parents.... and as much as I enjoyed it, I contunie to shake my head to those of you who chose to live there. Snow, rain, high winds. You all are a hardy breed who live for your Wegmans, the corner Ginmill resturant, and your beloveied Bills. GOD love you all.

GO BILLS!

After leaving Cheektowaga 28 years ago to join the Navy, I just got back to Virginia Beach from a week visiting my parents.... and as much as I enjoyed it, I contunie to shake my head to those of you who chose to live there. Snow, rain, high winds. You all are a hardy breed who live for your Wegmans, the corner Ginmill resturant, and your beloveied Bills. GOD love you all.

GO BILLS!

Beef on weck,fresh roadside corn and tomatos, lake Erie walleyes-yeah its got its charms.

GO BILLS!

Okay buddie, whatever. You just happened to be there for the worst week weatherwise of the year. We did not get any snow up to last week & even as much as we got last weekend has melted in a matter of 1 week. One thing I can not stand is people that have moved away & think that all we got up here now is good food & the bills. You honestly think your better then everybody that lives in Buffalo because you moved to a place like Virginia Beach???? Went to V Beach once about 10 years ago. They were right in the middle of getting remnants of some hurricane. Streets were flooded, golf courses were swamped & we were confined to our hotel room the whole weekend. That place must suck too because I hit a bad weather week there. F*ck you jackass.

Okay buddie, whatever. You just happened to be there for the worst week weatherwise of the year. We did not get any snow up to last week & even as much as we got last weekend has melted in a matter of 1 week. One thing I can not stand is people that have moved away & think that all we got up here now is good food & the bills. You honestly think your better then everybody that lives in Buffalo because you moved to a place like Virginia Beach???? Went to V Beach once about 10 years ago. They were right in the middle of getting remnants of some hurricane. Streets were flooded, golf courses were swamped & we were confined to our hotel room the whole weekend. That place must suck too because I hit a bad weather week there. F*ck you jackass.

Idon't think he was insulting us. he didn't say he was better either.

Wow! Which is the jacka$$ here? :unsure:

Idon't think he was insulting us. he didn't say he was better either.

Nah, I am tired of it on this board. People from other places that used to live here just can not help but putting this area down. Believe it or not people actually like living here & it is not just because of the food. I do not know how else you could interpret when someone says "living here for Wegmans & the local Gin Mill" as anything but putting this area & the good people that live in WNY down.

With all due respect, I think this guys was saluting you... I'll preface what I am going to say next with, I like WNY and enjoy returning for fun as there is a lot to do, but damn man, WNY is one of the worst places on the face of the US with regards to weather and the economy. Do you think the Wall Street journal writes articles about the failing economy there to sell copy? Perhaps the weather channel sends teams of reporters there for the ambiance? Look no disrespect, the guy, like me, likes WNY and visiting for fun, but it really is a tough sell otherwise....

Nah, I am tired of it on this board. People from other places that used to live here just can not help but putting this area down. Believe it or not people actually like living here & it is not just because of the food. I do not know how else you could interpret when someone says "living here for Wegmans & the local Gin Mill" as anything but putting this area & the good people that live in WNY down.

what's wrong with you Gordio? The dude is paying us a compliment.

With all due respect, I think this guys was saluting you... I'll preface what I am going to say next with, I like WNY and enjoy returning for fun as there is a lot to do, but damn man, WNY is one of the worst places on the face of the US with regards to weather and the economy. Do you think the Wall Street journal writes articles about the failing economy there to sell copy? Perhaps the weather channel sends teams of reporters there for the ambiance? Look no disrespect, the guy, like me, likes WNY and visiting for fun, but it really is a tough sell otherwise....

I hear what your saying & the weather this time of year is tough, but really it is not much worse weatherwise then any other part of the northeast. I always get a kick out of people from NYC that act like WNY is Siberia. I travel to NYC at least once a month & the weather IMO is worst then Buffalo. It maybe a little warmer & they do not get the snow like we do however there is always some storm front coming in & at least 50% of the time my flight is delayed because of weather issues. It rains there way more then it rains here in the summer months(may - october). I dont know. To each their own I guess.

what's wrong with you Gordio? The dude is paying us a compliment.

A back handed compliment, but i guess technically, still a compliment. I don't think Gordio was out of line, you haven't been around long enough to enjoy all the Buffalo bashing that goes on here. Add this to your favorites and revisit it after a year and you'll understand, most former buffalonians consider Buffalo a third world country of some sort. But it's totally cool if they bash it because of course, they were once from the area... :unsure: