MRW

Epic Collapses  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which collapse was the worst?

• Dallas - pre-season Super Bowl pick, misses the playoffs
    • Denver - 4 game lead in their division, miss the playoffs
    • Buffalo - 5-1 in the first 6, 2-8 down the stretch
    • NY Jets - 1-4 in the last 5 games to blow the division lead
    • Cleveland - the hot choice for the playoffs this year, horrible season in every way
    • New Orleans - another hot playoff choice, lack of defense doomed them
    • Detroit - no one expected anything from them, and they delivered more than anyone could've anticipated

I have to say Dallas with all of the "talent" they have on their team. When Felix Jones and then Marion Barber went down, so did their playoff hopes. Romo is the highest paid choke artist I've ever seen. They have TO, Roy Williams, Jason Whitten, and Martellus Bennet, but can't seem to get a consistent passing game going. Romo might be kicking cans down the street on the way to Jessica's house after this performance.

The funny thing is that I picked Cleveland and Minnesota to go to the SB in a thread before the season started :lol: So much for that call. Kinda like Kiper and his can't miss pro prospects :lol:

Dallas, hands down

Detroit not winning a game is disapointing, but most people thought if a team would do it, it would be them, theywere a very bad team, and they pretty much lived up to the expectations many people had for them

Cleveland and New Orleans make me take a "Wait and See" approach before claiming that Miami and Atlanta are more then just teams that caught lightning in a bottle, and that their success was morethen just some luck and a fluke.

Denver and the Jets had big collapses, but nothing compared to Dallas's (The SB pretenders)

Buffalo's was big at the time, but when you looked at their schedule and the teams they beat, they should have been 5-1 at the time anyway, even if they were just a mediocre team. They started out playing against some of the worst teams in the league this year. Throw in a couple of divisional games and have them start out 3-3 and finishing 7-9 does not look as bad. Their schedule had them set up to look stronger then they really were