When DJ is fired (and he should be)

todd

No, I'm hoping the goons around here give the new staff a chance.

You're way off base with your scolding tones here, I would say that 90% of Bills fans were giving Jauron this final third year to prove himself. Of course I wasn't among them, but a ton of these fans were still holding out hope that Jauron's 6 of 7 losing season's as a head coach were a fluke thing and that he was just the most unluckiest losing NFL head coach that ever lived. Bills fans were more than fair and loyal to Dick Jauron. Three years is a lifetime in today's NFL to prove you either are getting the job done or you aren't. The fact that he had 4 of 5 losing season's before the last two with the Bills was the reason I wanted him to be fired at the end of 2007. Bills fans gave him three big fat chances and Dick gave them three big fat losing records and a 0-6 record against the division to top it all off. I think that you're the one who's in full B word mode today.

You're way off base with your scolding tones here, I would say that 90% of Bills fans were giving Jauron this final third year to prove himself. Of course I wasn't among them, but a ton of these fans were still holding out hope that Jauron's 6 of 7 losing season's as a head coach were a fluke thing and that he was just the most unluckiest losing NFL head coach that ever lived. Bills fans were more than fair and loyal to Dick Jauron. Three years is a lifetime in today's NFL to prove you either are getting the job done or you aren't. The fact that he had 4 of 5 losing season's before the last two with the Bills was the reason I wanted him to be fired at the end of 2007. Bills fans gave him three big fat chances and Dick gave them three big fat losing records and a 0-6 record against the division to top it all off. I think that you're the one who's in full B word mode today.

You end a post of bitching with telling someone they are bitching? Classic.

This post was not at all about DJ. It was expectations for next year. Not sure why you are posting this.

You end a post of bitching with telling someone they are bitching? Classic.

This post was not at all about DJ. It was expectations for next year. Not sure why you are posting this.

My expectations are for a 2009 Buffalo Bills team that plays smart football and looks like they actually give a damn about winning. Three years of emotionless brainless football is far too much for any fan base, much less a fan base as passionate as the Bills, to endure. If the next Bills head coach isn't ready to kick some player ass to provide that then he shouldn't be hired in the first place.

Will the same people who want DJ fired complain when the Bills spend another 3 years rebuilding?

Don't fool yourself. It will take that long, no matter what your hopes are. Miami and Atlanta are exceptions to the rule, and if you are hoping for a quick turnaround you should be smart and temper your expectations. This is true, and even more true in a division with the Patriots and Miami w/ Parcells.

So when the Bills go another two years without making the playoffs, no bitching.

Any competent, game managing head coach will get this team to the playoffs next year.