So is this Drew's last year in the NFL?

Mikie2times

I would say with about 98% certainty that this is Drew Bledsoe's last year as the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills. If this happens do you think Drew would accept a pay cut and the back up roll for this team? He has been a total team guy threw out his tenure here but for the first time this week he is starting to point the finger. I don't blame him for that, in fact it's surprising he could hold out so long with the negative publicity he is getting.

So the question is if Bledsoe is not a Bill next year will he start for another team, possibly back-up for another team, or back up for us? I could see scenario one and two happening but I just don't see him taking a back up role with the Bills. Either a team weak at QB gives him a chance to start or he backs up for another team. Keep in mind he is still fairly young, despite that I don't think he is very highly valued in the league anymore.

I say he signs on and starts for a QB depleted team next season, I believe this because he is still a name brand QB who can put people in the stadium (or force them away in our case). I'm sure a few teams will give him the benefit of the doubt ala Buffalo three years ago.

Actually the team that I thought would be an interesting fit would be the Ravens.  Excellent defense, great running back, (when not in the slammer)  and a very good offensive line.  Not the best wide outs, but a good tight end.  Would be interesting to see if all of a sudden their O-line is no good.

90234[/snapback]

I can definitly see this. Say what you want about Bledsoe, but I think with that defense, jamal lewis, and todd heap, and a stout oline. bledsoe can still be a productive qb. I don't think his career is finished, nor do I think he's an elite qb anymore. but I do think he's a better qb than Kyle Boller and would be a good fit there. Whatever happens to Bledsoe I'll still support him unless he's playing the bills of course, because Drew has always been one of my favorite players since he came into the league. I'm just dissapointed it didn't work out here.

I think Drew stays here and backs up JP.  Running QBs tend to get hurt. 

Maybe Drew doesn't have the power to make it a full year anymore, but he said he like buffalo and would retire here.

90251[/snapback]

IF JP got hurt next year,

why in the blue hell would you want to see Drew back behind center??? ;)

Bledsoe must leave town.

if, IF, if bledsoe's not here next year, i always thought dallas would be a good fit

but i gotta go with ed as well and add ravens too

but, he'll still be here next year, he's not going anywhere. guaranteed. yoiu heard it hear first.

why in the blue hell would you want to see Drew back behind center??? :lol:

Bledsoe must leave town.

90266[/snapback]

Plus for some God awful reason he still thinks he can start in the NFL. No need for that kind of thinking around these parts......IMHO.

Bledsoe must leave town.

90266[/snapback]

So, some would rather see a washed up like Kordell Stewart type as the backup next year, *assuming* JP starts? I fail to see the wisdom in that approach. At least the team know what they have with DB. By cutting DB the team would be putting itself at risk of a situation the Bears have this year. They would have to find a sutable backup, the the reaslity is they just do not exist. Can you say Shane Matthews?

Bledsoe must leave town.

90266[/snapback]

Even though an apologist may be six feet under, you can put your ear to the ground and if you listen very very carefully, you can hear something that sounds like "...but, but...what if...but". :doh:

if vinny can play till age 40, so can drew. and yeah, if he just finds a team with an offensive line as good as the '91 redskins, he can be a very productive qb.

also, if i can find a point-to-point marathon course with a direct sustained 75mph tailwind, there is a pretty good chance i could qualify for the next olympic trials.

ok, maybe 80mph.

Yes, but the question is, would Drew make one of these teams lines look bad?? Is it all the line, or is it partially line and he just makes it much worse?? Don't know for sure, thats's why I see a good test in going to a team like Baltimore and see what happens then!

It is funny how half the posts here say that Drew would play well under such and such OLine.

Anyone see a pattern here?  Our OLine sucks period.  Not many QB's would do well with this line.

91132[/snapback]