DRAFT

bisonbrigade

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack played a good ball game tonight against The U....he looks very impressive!

This is about what he looked like in the two other games I saw him play in. Just plain dominant in the run game, very solid in pass protection. (aside from the play on the first series)

The thing I liked was how he finished plays. On multiple plays he blocked the DT to one side while the run went the opposite direction, yet he still hustled upfield to help block.

Duke hasn't been too bad in the last few games, but he's never looked that good run blocking.

Now we just have to wait to watch the other centers, see how they play in their bowl games.

Get Haynesworth and Saturday in free agency

Round 1. George Selvie

Round 2. Greg Hardy

haven't gone much further than that in my draft research yet- that would make us 3 deep at DE with Selvie, Hardy and Schobel and 3 deep at DT with Stroud, Haynesworth and Johnson. WE still need help at RT and G. I like Fine at TE.....I don't see us fixing all the problems in one year- I see us as being on the bubble for playoffs again next year

Round 1. George Selvie

Round 2. Greg Hardy

haven't gone much further than that in my draft research yet- that would make us 3 deep at DE with Selvie, Hardy and Schobel and 3 deep at DT with Stroud, Haynesworth and Johnson. WE still need help at RT and G. I like Fine at TE.....I don't see us fixing all the problems in one year- I see us as being on the bubble for playoffs again next year

On the bubble again? :doh: The only thing we're on the bubble about is possibly driving all the Bills fans insane. I wouldn't be mad nor too happy with your 2 selections, but we do need to pick up one of the top 3 centers in the draft so better if it's the top. Mack looks like the best, I say we make a run at the guy. We need to have an OLB or a new MLB (if Poz is switched) brought into the mix for next year. We're not going to get Maualuga :rolleyes: , but we could get Aaron Curry or Clint Sintim. Brian Cushing from USC would be a quality pick, but his injury history makes me wonder whether we should take him. Myplan would be to trade down in the first, get Mack, pick up an additional secondand possibly a fourth, get Curry, Cushing, or Sintim in the second, then go after Selvie, Hardy, Barwin, or Shaughnessy.

Round 1. George Selvie

Round 2. Greg Hardy

Hardy went from champ to chump in just one year at Ole Miss. This guy has been known to be lazy, self-centered guy who takes plays off. Now IF you can get someone to light a fire under him and get him to work every play, I'd love to have him. But I don't think I'd take my chances. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure he has some nagging injury of some kind.

On the bubble again? :doh: The only thing we're on the bubble about is possibly driving all the Bills fans insane. I wouldn't be mad nor too happy with your 2 selections, but we do need to pick up one of the top 3 centers in the draft so better if it's the top. Mack looks like the best, I say we make a run at the guy. We need to have an OLB or a new MLB (if Poz is switched) brought into the mix for next year. We're not going to get Maualuga :rolleyes: , but we could get Aaron Curry or Clint Sintim. Brian Cushing from USC would be a quality pick, but his injury history makes me wonder whether we should take him. Myplan would be to trade down in the first, get Mack, pick up an additional secondand possibly a fourth, get Curry, Cushing, or Sintim in the second, then go after Selvie, Hardy, Barwin, or Shaughnessy.

No. We do not need linebackers. We need linemen- on both sides of the ball. Our offensive and defensive lines are not a player away- they are both putrid. They will NOT be fixed in one season- they are that laughable.

No. We do not need linebackers. We need linemen- on both sides of the ball. Our offensive and defensive lines are not a player away- they are both putrid. They will NOT be fixed in one season- they are that laughable.

Offensive line is better than it has been in years. Pass protection is good, running game gets over 4 yards per carry, A center (and maybe one more depth addition) will do nicely (as would a quality TE). Defense needs at least one DE, another DT and a LB.

This team has FAR more talent than what has been showing on Sundays. Blame the coaching.

Offensive line is better than it has been in years. Pass protection is good, running game gets over 4 yards per carry, A center (and maybe one more depth addition) will do nicely (as would a quality TE). Defense needs at least one DE, another DT and a LB.

This team has FAR more talent than what has been showing on Sundays. Blame the coaching.

Better than its been isn't good enough......our line is one of the worst in football. Walker has no power. I think we have a quality TE, but he is young. I am dissatisfied with the performance of every member of our OL- I will give Peters a pass, as he will be better with a full offseason. The others don't cut it. Our defensive line has been a joke since Bruce and Ted left. We can, however take a sprite to play WR....oops, excuse me, to return punts, in the second round

I'd love to see us bring in Phil Savage after the Browns let him go.

Better than its been isn't good enough......our line is one of the worst in football.

The stats suggest otherwise, and so do my eyeballs. Room for improvement? Yes. Worst in football? Not even close.

The stats suggest otherwise, and so do my eyeballs. Room for improvement? Yes. Worst in football? Not even close.

I don't buy into stats, and my eyes tell me the blocking is better than it has been, but not good enough. Not good enough to win in the east, not nearly good enough to win 10 games against NFL competition and get us to playoffs.

I don't buy into stats, and my eyes tell me the blocking is better than it has been, but not good enough. Not good enough to win in the east, not nearly good enough to win 10 games against NFL competition and get us to playoffs.

You still haven't mentioned how they are one of the worst in football though.

1st Round. DE Brian Orakpro, Texas. Will bring heat on the opposing QB.

2nd Round C Alex Mack, California. Blocked for Lynch before and is a stud that the line is missing.

3rd Round OLB Marcus Freeman, Ohio St. Replacement for the "ghost" Ellison.

4th Round DE Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin. More heat on the QB.

5th Round TE Jared Bronson, Central Washington. This guy is for you TE worshippers, looks like a sleeper.

The idea is to run the ball with Lynch & Jackson and rush the passer with Schobel, Orakpro and Shaughnessy. :rolleyes:

You're supposed to make this kind of list as somewhat possible. Mack won't even come close to lasting to our second round pick. Not even close. We would be in the same position as the teams that waited for Mangold to last to the second round. It just won't happen.

Chances are pretty good that Orakpo won't last to get to us either.

Uhhhhh, yes we do. If it's not addressed in FA it will be addressed in the draft. We are not keeping Crowell and even if we did, he might not be the same player he was before the knee problem. Like I said, I hope either Maualuga (I know, I'm dreaming), Cushing, Curry, or Sintim is holding up a Bills uni on draft day. Our OL has been playing better, but I agree about us being more than just 1 player away. I say we need a couple if not three. That being from Center across the right side. DL, we need a serious pass rush. Stroud has stuffed the run, but we need real threats on the outside. Haynesworth would be even more of a monster beside Stroud, but the Titans aren't going to let him go. I HOPE we make a run at Terrell Suggs in the offseason and Peppers as well. I doubt that Carolina will let Peppers walk, but I can see Baltimore losing Suggs. We can then make a run at one DE in the draft early and maybe another in the 5th or later.