Jauron's extention may have an 8-8 clause

DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the only explanation that there has been no OFFICIAL word about the extension. It has to be performance based, has to be.....I just cant see Ralph saying hey heres an extension who cares how we finish. MONEY is the biggest concern to Wilson and he knows if he has a failure as a HC it will hurt his tickets sales and his wallet. I know for a fact Ralph Wilson has his back covered about the HC.....

Basically what im saying is I dont think Ralph put the horse before the cart on this one.....

Thats the only explanation that there has been no OFFICIAL word about the extension. It has to be performance based, has to be.....I just cant see Ralph saying hey heres an extension who cares how we finish. MONEY is the biggest concern to Wilson and he knows if he has a failure as a HC it will hurt his tickets sales and his wallet. I know for a fact Ralph Wilson has his back covered about the HC.....

Basically what im saying is I dont think Ralph put the horse before the cart on this one.....

I must admit that would explain why Ralph refuses to announce anything

Does that mean we're supposed to root for the Pats? I'm so confused, either way we lose... :angry:

Root like hell for the Pats...a win means nothing at this point except that there's a chance that were stuck with jauron for another season.

Plus this team needs all the talent that it can find in the draft and winning this week would worsen our draft positiion.

Root like hell for the Pats...a win means nothing at this point except that there's a chance that were stuck with jauron for another season.

Plus this team needs all the talent that it can find in the draft and winning this week would worsen our draft positiion.

A win against the New England Patriots could do far more for this team then a slight move up in the draft order.

I will take the win ,thank you!

A win against the New England Patriots could do far more for this team then a slight move up in the draft order.

I will take the win ,thank you!

I think we all want the win, its the patriots, any chance to knock them off their thrown would be welcome and something to build on for next year:)

All this discussion does is make me sick that our owner continues to keep his fans in the dark like this.

As fans we don't have the right to know whats going on, but to blatantly ignore commenting on Jauron's contract status when there have been numerous reports is really an unprofessional move. I think the 8-8 clause is probably a playoffs clause. That's our last hope. I really don't see how you can give a guy an extension with a 4-0 record with those four teams, with the track record Jauron has, and NOT have a clause.

That being said, Ralph may be keeping things quiet to diminish the impending fan outcry, or at least delay it till after the season to maintain order with the franchise.

do not root against the bills under any circumstances! for all you assclowns who think it somehow helps the franchise to lose, remember that ralph has already proven he has no idea who to hire, and anyone who was any good would never ever come here anyway. we're doing the best we can already. sorry.

Fred Smerlas made the comment in Boston on his weekly talk show in Beantown this morning.

" The no official comment by the Bills makes me believe Dick Jauron must exceed 7-9 or the deal is dead."

He also said these clauses are common in NFL coaching contracts especially when it comes to extensions.

It's called the "CRASH AND BURN CLAUSE," he said

ESPN made a similar comment 2 weeks ago..

The "Crash and Burn" clause, that's funny. I guess Ralph has really lowered his expectations for his head coaches. Wade Phillips went 10-6-0; 11-5-0; and 8-8-0, and was fired after the 8-8-0 season. And Wilson was so upset with Phillips, he didn't even want to honor his contract! All Dick has to do to keep his job is post 7-9-0, 7-9-0 & 8-8-0 seasons? I don't know, maybe "doddering" is closer to the truth when describing Ralph Wilson then all you Sullivan-haters want to admit.

do not root against the bills under any circumstances! for all you assclowns who think it somehow helps the franchise to lose, remember that ralph has already proven he has no idea who to hire, and anyone who was any good would never ever come here anyway. we're doing the best we can already. sorry.

You are correct. Even if Jauron is gone, we have to count on Ralph to make the right decisions which he has consistently proven incapable of doing.

The Bills winning and keeping the Patsies out of the playoffs!!! It won't get any better than that any time soon.

Fred Smerlas made the comment in Boston on his weekly talk show in Beantown this morning.

" The no official comment by the Bills makes me believe Dick Jauron must exceed 7-9 or the deal is dead."

He also said these clauses are common in NFL coaching contracts especially when it comes to extensions.

It's called the "CRASH AND BURN CLAUSE,"

ESPN made a similar comment 2 weeks ago..

Several Media sourses say the deal is done, but they fail to mention a clause that could nix the deal

Well if there is an 8-8 clause it's good to know Bills Management was reaching for the stars when they wrote that in!!! :angry:

Seriously...If there is such a clause it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt The Bills did not want Dead Dick back...4-0 or 5-1 start aside, it was still a pretty safe bet Jauron would not make it to 8-8 by the end of the Season...Afterall he had only done so once in 7 Years as a Head Coach...I'm sure Wilson, Brandon and Co. were chuckling under their breath when they wrote that clause in...Those sneaky bastards... :lol:

As much as I'd like to see the Bills get a high dollar-high profile coach I'd rather keep Jauron IF he can somehow beat the Pats on Sunday.

In all probability Scott Pioli,Matt Cassel and Josh McDaniels are all gone from NE this offseason so the Pats are toast for 2 years at least.

The Jets will lose Farve no matter what and the team -*will need to bring in a vet,we all know how that goes so the Jets will be mediocre again unless they hire Bill Cowher or they are the team that raped NE of the 3 wisemen.

The Dolphins will soon be grooming a young QB because once a pass rush consistently gets to "noodle" Pennington, he will be gone.

So the Bills could actually get better in the division next year with a semi good coaching staff :angry:

In all probability Scott Pioli,Matt Cassel and Josh McDaniels are all gone from NE this offseason so the Pats are toast for 2 years at least.

Riiiight, because the Pat's haven't proven they can recover from coach and player loss. Snap out of it, we can't always rely on other teams getting worse, we should have the mentality that we're competing against top level competition no matter what. Then maybe we'll have a winning team in Buffalo.