John Harbaugh smacks down Bills chances...

1billsfan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens head coach said "New England's going to win the football game, we know that, everybody knows that..."

Sorry no link, saw it on the NBC local sports segment in NYC. It looks like it was pulled from an NFL Network interview though. I know the chances are slim, but it was just the way he said it that reeeeeeally irritated me. :blush:

Too bad Kelly wasn't there to deck him like he did his brother.

I hope so....

Especially if it means Ralf will make the changes to make us a winner again!

IM SICK OF LOSING!

IM SICK OF BEING A LOSER!

IM SICK OF SUBPAR TEAMS

IM SICK OF SUBPAR COACHING!

I DEMAND Martyball!

It just shows you that he has no respect for the game or the integrity of the players on other teams that play it.

Listen to Bill Belichick talk about the Bills and this game. You'd actually think that the Bills had a good chance, and that's not just so that his team doesn't underestimate the Bills. The Patriots are full of veterans who wouldn't do that anyway. It's because he respects the game.

Ravens head coach said "New England's going to win the football game, we know that, everybody knows that..."

Sorry no link, saw it on the NBC local sports segment in NYC. It looks like it was pulled from an NFL Network interview though. I know the chances are slim, but it was just the way he said it that reeeeeeally irritated me. :blush:

Too bad Kelly wasn't there to deck him like he did his brother.

First of all, he's just trying keep his Ravens focused to win their game against Jacksonville. Secondly, the man speaks the truth, so who cares if he just comes out and says it? :flirt:

Our chances dont look too good when Lynch is hurting, Peters is out and so is Parrish........I do think it might be closer then we all think.....but the Pats pull away late. I think Welker has a field day against our defense....

You know, the whole "any given Sunday" thing? That said, there is absolutely no reason to think the Bills will even be able to keep this close. The way we have played against them, the last 4 years or so, suggests that the Patriots just have some sort of mind control over our mentally fragile team. There is no reason they should have been able to so dominate the Bills as they did earlier this season, but the Bills just bent over for them...back then, the Pats were just trying to figure out how to win games, dealing with the injury bug. Now, Belichek and company have their "swagger" back, and are in full anihilation mode..the Pats know their defense isn't what it was, and they are going to have to score points galore, if they want to make any noise in the playoffs...I wish I felt different, but I think we are in for a long game Sunday...the bus is running....

I have been a Bills fan for nearly 40 years, but I have to admit, he is only saying what the majority of people are thinking. Outside of one opening day where we shut them out (they went on to win the Super Bowl that year-I'll trade anyday), they have dominated us for years.

Last four Pats-Bills games in Orchard Park, the combined score has been 150-40. That works out to an average of 38-10.

Hell, I'm thrilled when a coach gives me something other than sunshine-and-lollipops 'coachspeak' during an interview, so I'll be the last one to dog Harbaugh for having the 'nads to give an opinion a lot of other people would be afraid to voice.

That said, if he's still coaching in Baltimore the next time the Bills play the Ravens, I do hope someone makes a note of this ... :blush:

You know, the whole "any given Sunday" thing? That said, there is absolutely no reason to think the Bills will even be able to keep this close. The way we have played against them, the last 4 years or so, suggests that the Patriots just have some sort of mind control over our mentally fragile team. There is no reason they should have been able to so dominate the Bills as they did earlier this season, but the Bills just bent over for them...back then, the Pats were just trying to figure out how to win games, dealing with the injury bug. Now, Belichek and company have their "swagger" back, and are in full anihilation mode..the Pats know their defense isn't what it was, and they are going to have to score points galore, if they want to make any noise in the playoffs...I wish I felt different, but I think we are in for a long game Sunday...the bus is running....

If the Sunday weather prediction holds true, this will be a game of few passes. Or passes at risk.

Stay tuned.

You're missing the point. It's not what he said...it's that an NFL head coach, said something like that in front of a camera and microphone.

Yep...not a good move. This is way TOO much bulletin material. I think he is still TOO pumped up after his teams win over those Cowboys of mine.

It just shows you that he has no respect for the game or the integrity of the players on other teams that play it.

Listen to Bill Belichick talk about the Bills and this game. You'd actually think that the Bills had a good chance, and that's not just so that his team doesn't underestimate the Bills. The Patriots are full of veterans who wouldn't do that anyway. It's because he respects the game.

I hear what you're saying, but didn't Belichick make a comment a couple of years back that nobody on the Bills roster could start for the Patriots?

I remember hearing that, thinking about both rosters, and concluding that he was pretty much right. I think at the time he said it, Peters was the only one that would have been an obvious starter in NE.

Why would anyone disagree? Belichick could show up with any NFL team and beat Jauron tomorrow.

Belichick could show up with the Detroit Lions roster Sunday morning with a hangover and game plan to beat the Dick.

I'll be absolutely stunned if the BILLS manage to even keep this game remotely close. I fully expect to get blown the !@#$ out, while watching my "team" treat the Patriots with nothing but the respect normally reserved for royalty.

You're absolutely right about the respect we give the Pats. It's sickening. Makes me dislike Dick even more considering the odds are good to great that Bellicheat considers Dick an absolute joke. He probably lets out a good ol' hearty laugh at the idea of Dick staying in the division for another few years.

I really do hope we win though. John Harbaugh shouldn't be saying something like that. That's just a punk job. If this organization is soft enough to stand for that, I'd have to question my loyalty toward this team. Maybe that's overreacting. But if I'm Russ Brandon and I want to make a difference, I never forget that statement and do whatever it takes to win some damn football games. That's assuming he has enough power to make a difference.

I would love nothing more than the Bills to use this as motivation to help them finally beat the Pats. That, and the fact that he players love Jauron so much.

I know I may sound delusional, but the losing streak has to end sometime. Why not this week? I say the Bills finally win and help get us all pumped up about next year

GO BILLS!!!!

I know I may sound delusional, but the losing streak has to end sometime. Why not this week? I say the Bills finally win and help get us all pumped up about next year

GO BILLS!!!!

Technically speaking, the losing streak ended last week when we went into Denver and won when THEY had something on the line. Oh wait, everyone says Denver isn't very good. But wait, we haven't won in Denver since the 90's. I like that.

Regarding your last sentence, the ONLY bad thing about winning this game is it will likely keep Dick employed by this team. I'm torn about that. Besides that, like you mention it'll give us that hope that we seemingly have every year despite missing the playoffs for... 9 years?

Despite that, I'm really hoping we have our quarterback. So, even if it means Dick retains the head coach job, I'll be rooting for a Bills victory over a team that has embarrassed us for many, many years. It's time for some redemption.

Technically speaking, the losing streak ended last week when we went into Denver and won when THEY had something on the line. Oh wait, everyone says Denver isn't very good. But wait, we haven't won in Denver since the 90's. I like that.

Since the '90s? Try 1967.