Jabari Greer

BillsObserver

How does anyone know the Bills didn't try and give Greer a contract after last season? It wouldn't surprise me to learn they made overtures, but Greer and his agent wanted to hit the open market.

But now with his injury, things might be a little different. Hopefully (for selfish reasons) he's still not ready to play against the Cheatriots, thus driving down his price and making him easier to keep.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for the first half of the season, of not more, he was the best DB on the roster. The Bills know they aren't going to resign him, so they have been fazing him out and giving the young guys that will be here next year a chance to prove themselves.

I don't think they've been fazing him out, he just got injured. Before injury, he was starting.

Just imagine a secondary with REAL depth: McGee, McKelvin, YOUBOTY, Corner, and Greer. Now if we could only shore up other positions on the defensive side (DE, LB)....

I wouldn't count on Youboty for anything. Just another bust. Can't get on the field, can't stay on the field :lol:

I think for the first half of the season, of not more, he was the best DB on the roster. The Bills know they aren't going to resign him, so they have been fazing him out and giving the young guys that will be here next year a chance to prove themselves.

I agree, it's sad. We will feel it when he's gone.

I wouldn't count on Youboty for anything. Just another bust. Can't get on the field, can't stay on the field :lol:

His play on the field has been quite good. The problem is staying on the field. I wouldn't call him a bust...not, yet, anyway.

Let's not exaggerate. He's not going to be one of the best CBs ever. He's a good player that could've been had at a decent rate.

I'm not exaggerating, just merely speculating. He is a great CB and is in position almost ALL of the time. You seem to have something to say about everyone's comments. He has potential to be a pro bowler

I think something important to consider is that McGee and Youboty will be free agents going into an uncapped year.

As it is, I think Greer is pretty much McGee's equal. He's younger, bigger, makes more big plays on defense, and will likely come much cheaper this offseason than McGee will next year.

I'd do pretty much whatever it takes to re-sign him, keep McKelvin at nickel and returning kicks for another year, then still be OK once McGee bolts for huge money after 2009.

. He has potential to be a pro bowler

That is a reasonable statement. The "best of all time" simply isn't. He is a good CB, right now. Not top 10 in the league good, but good.

That is a reasonable statement. The "best of all time" simply isn't. He is a good CB, right now. Not top 10 in the league good, but good.

That's why I did not say that. I said that he could become one of the best. Considering that he is good and the things he did when he was healthy this season, it COULD happen. You guys on here get hung up on the little stuff so that you can reply more. You must drive your wives mad hahaha

The bottom line is you don't get rid of your producers and greer is simply that...a producer. His presence is felt when he is on the field and our secondary struggles without him out there. Buffalo needs to make him one of their top priorities, or else he will go to another team and flourish, mark my words. He's a keeper

That's why I did not say that. I said that he could become one of the best. Considering that he is good and the things he did when he was healthy this season, it COULD happen. You guys on here get hung up on the little stuff so that you can reply more. You must drive your wives mad hahaha

COULD happen? No. He's a good defensive back, not the best in the game.

Dean summed it up but I'd like to add, "He has potential to be a pro bowler" is a far cry from "and could be one of the best CBs ever." You should be held accountable for what you say and what has to be the overstatement of the year.

He's a keeper

Now that, we can agree on.

COULD happen? No. He's a good defensive back, not the best in the game.

Dean summed it up but I'd like to add, "He has potential to be a pro bowler" is a far cry from "and could be one of the best CBs ever." You should be held accountable for what you say and what has to be the overstatement of the year.

Now that, we can agree on.

You are either a lawyer by profession, or just a douche bag getting hung up on someones opinion. He could become one of the best. I have seen him play and what he is capable of. "You should be held accountable for what you say and what has to be the overstatement of the year." ???? WTF are you talking about? You must be about 5 ft tall. You're the bills authority around here.....aren't you. HA. Go get laid if you are even functional. It sounds like you need to get out.

Ideally, the bills should re-sign greer and trade mcgee in the offseason. Doubt he will stay in buffalo after 2009 and they should be able get something of value for him.

agreed. It seemed by the way mcgee was playing yesterday that he wants to keep his job

You are either a lawyer by profession, or just a douche bag getting hung up on someones opinion. He could become one of the best. I have seen him play and what he is capable of. "You should be held accountable for what you say and what has to be the overstatement of the year." ???? WTF are you talking about? You must be about 5 ft tall. You're the bills authority around here.....aren't you. HA. Go get laid if you are even functional. It sounds like you need to get out.

Very mature.

I don't need to resort to name calling or accusations about your height. I can make my own judgments on you by this post alone. In fact, I think it proves my point. Thanks!

I'll stand by what I said, that was the overstatement of the year. Repeat after me, Jabari Greer is not going to become the best cornerback of all time. You keep saying, he COULD become one of the best. Well, using that logic, he COULD become average on another team. I think he could be really, really good, just not likely he'll be thought of as the best ever. Simple clarification.

If I remember correctly, Jabari Greer is a free agent after this season.

Because of the emergence of Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner, does this make Greer dispensable?

For some reason, this really ticks me off that the Bills didn't give this guy another deal at some point. We could've had him at a very modest rate before this season and I know, hindsight is 20/20, but this guy is really good. I think he's better than McGee. I hate the idea of the Bills grooming him for so long and just letting the deal run out. I don't think we should throw a lot of money at him either because of the young guys coming on strong. Or is there a chance that Greer would want to stay here?

Just imagine a secondary with REAL depth: McGee, McKelvin, YOUBOTY, Corner, and Greer. Now if we could only shore up other positions on the defensive side (DE, LB)....

One other question: Does his injury affect his value at all??

Greer is going to be dispensable because of the salary he is going to draw from other teams as a Number 2 corner which he has no gurantee of being next year with the Bills. He is going to take the money and run. :lol:

Very mature.

I don't need to resort to name calling or accusations about your height. I can make my own judgments on you by this post alone. In fact, I think it proves my point. Thanks!

I'll stand by what I said, that was the overstatement of the year. Repeat after me, Jabari Greer is not going to become the best cornerback of all time. You keep saying, he COULD become one of the best. Well, using that logic, he COULD become average on another team. I think he could be really, really good, just not likely he'll be thought of as the best ever. Simple clarification.

haha, your butt hurts doesn't it Napoleon

Depends what his agent wants....I would certainly be willing to pay Greer 5 years 12-15M depending on the structuring. If some GM is ridiculous and pays him 5-6M/yr then let them have him for that amount. I really like Greer and think he is a very good corner. Have him play the slot and McKelvin and Mcgee as the two starters and you've got yoursoelf a very good secondary. With Brady back, Manning coming to town and the amount of 3-4 WR formations in this league you need a very strong stable of CBs.

Depends what his agent wants....I would certainly be willing to pay Greer 5 years 12-15M depending on the structuring. If some GM is ridiculous and pays him 5-6M/yr then let them have him for that amount. I really like Greer and think he is a very good corner. Have him play the slot and McKelvin and Mcgee as the two starters and you've got yoursoelf a very good secondary. With Brady back, Manning coming to town and the amount of 3-4 WR formations in this league you need a very strong stable of CBs.

I agree, but I think that mckelvin should play the slot and greer and mcgee should be the two starters.

I wish the Bills would have redone the contracts for Greer and Peters in the offseason. These were two guys who were being paid far less than what most starting players, at their position, in the NFL receive. As far as I know, NO attempt was made to sign them (it isn't as if the Bills offered a reasonable new contract and it was turned down)...again, as far as I know. Now both of these guys are in "situations" that probably could have been avoided.

I don't think Greer will command Winfield/Clements kid of money in FA, but he will likely be too pricey for the Bills, especially given their CB depth. I agree with the posters who think the Bills should attempt to sign him. I get upset when a good FA leaves the Bills and I don't get the feeling the Bills even made a good effort to retain their services. I am NOT suggesting the Bills overpay, I'm just suggesting they do their best, and take a shot.

they'll probably end up letting Greer go, but will bite the bullet with Crowell and Peters, two guys that are not company guys but are irreplacable if the franchise wants to be better in 2009