Instead of sending a receiver in motion towards the O line...

QB Bills

why don't the coaches just put up a big sign that says "we are running the ball on this play"?

Great win today, but this annoying habit has been a staple of the Bills' offense for the last 3 years and needs to stop. If an everyday fan can recognize this, I'm sure opposing coaches have also. To be fair, there was one instance today where they actually passed in that formation (goes against my point, I know) but it is the first time I've ever seen them do that.

why don't the coaches just put up a big sign that says "we are running the ball on this play"?

Great win today, but this annoying habit has been a staple of the Bills' offense for the last 3 years and needs to stop. If an everyday fan can recognize this, I'm sure opposing coaches have also. To be fair, there was one instance today where they actually passed in that formation (goes against my point, I know) but it is the first time I've ever seen them do that.

It's painfully predictable. You see the WR go in motion, stop and bam... run the ball. How our coaching staff can't see this and know that every defender on the field sees it is beyond me? It seemed on a couple of runs, #51 for Denver was waving the secondary in to cover the run to one side or the other. If he didn't know the play before the snap, he's the luckiest SOB I've seen.

We'll have to disagree on this one. They've been using it more and more to set up play action.