James Hardy vs Steve Johnson

It's because people see guys like Eddie Royal and Donnie Avery who make an impact year one. People seem to think that all College football programs are the same.

Also, those are speed burner types, and the transition period tends to be much smaller for them. Hardy is a possession receiver and has to focus on running crisper routes.

Why does everyone keep saying James Hardy is a bust and not Steve Johnson? I like them both and I think they are both gonna be good for this team. Everyone knows that most receivers take a couple years to make an impact. I know Hardy was drafted a lot earlier but they have almost the same stats. Both have 9 receptions with Johnson about 10 more yards. James Hardy has 1 more td than Johnson. I have wanted a big receiver since Moulds left and they finally got Hardy. I was excited when they got him.

You answered your own question: Because Hardy was the second round pick, and Johnson was drafted with one of their 7th rounders. In addition to that, the Bills' offensive coaches were gushing about how they would use Hardy and his height this season, especially in the red zone. Too bad our scouts never realized how hard it would be for Hardy to understand the playbook. :rolleyes:

Most fans are impatient, idiots. Trent Edwards is suppose to be a pro bowler in his 2nd season and have no growing pains. McKelvin sucks because he didn't start out of camp and didn't return a kickoff for a touchdown until the 11th game. Most fans aren't very football smart. :rolleyes:

I completely agree...

Hardy layed a turd this year, but that doesn't mean he will next year... It could be a coaching issue. Why was hardy still struggling to understand how to use his 6'6" frame to position himself better... That's a coaches job to drill that into him over and over and over again until he does get it...

Edwards looks just as good as many very good starting QB's do after 2 years...

Johnson looks like he'll be a keeper. I hope to see lots of him these last 2 games of the season.

Mckelvin took a little while but he is playing pretty well the 2nd half of the season... 1st players need to adjust.

It is way too early to call any rookie a bust. (Lots of people called Moulds a bust as a WR after his 2nd season) BUT, Hardy has a torn ACL - there are no guarantees he can fully recover from that injury. Sure, guys come back all the time now, but they are not always 100% of where they were. In fact, Hardy may be in the PUP or IR all of the 2009 season!