I messed up my sons highlight videos for this year

OK so it is my sons junior football season........he started this year at DE/DT (played some TE as well)

- OK so the coaches aren't really doing a good job of tracking stats on the players (except for a select few but that is a different post some other time)

- He had 8 sacks and around 75-80 tackles on the year...missing 2 games to injury....a pretty good season.

- His max preps show him having .5 sacks and something like 50 tackles way off

- The good news is I filmed the games (well most of them) so I have the proof of his fine season

- The BAD news is I am a electronics idiot......and screwed up the film

Here is what I did

- I have a digital camcorder filmed then games then

- Using firewire I downloaded them to my laptop

- I used a pretty basic software to put on a front cover with who they were playing and his stats

- then I burned to dvid using my laptop

OK so we go watch the games and critic his actually stats...and it is CHOPPING AND FREEZING on the dvd. I feel so bad because I know these numbers are important for his recruiting. He obviously isn't going to get promoted by his coaches so it is up to us. What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried burning it a second time to ensure it just wasn't a bad burn?

At first guess, I suspect you need to ensure that no other programs are running when you're burning the disc. Not sure which software you're using to burn the video, that would be the first place to start.

I had a similar problem, turned out my hard drive was not fast enough for the burning process to be done correctly. I only had a 4200rpm drive and Adobe Premier Elements requires at least a 5400rpm drive for the data transfer during burning.

Also, like LA suggested, I'd let it do the burn overnight, so nothing else was running on my laptop at the same time.