We Bills fans should pay for and hire

phypon

Not really. From what you've posted here, rather than saying that the idea will never work because of blah blah blah, you've gone and turned into something completely different.

Hey, if you think the idea is ridiculous (and I know it is a stretch), you could have said why. From your responses, it is not clear that you even understand the idea.

oh geezus...fine you want a real answer, here it is...

FANS DO NOT KNOW FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They think they do because they get to make their decisions after the fact and they play fantasy football so they think they are geniuses...truth is, most the crap they whine about are things they supported at the time they happen. They flip flop more than a presidential candidate, and thats just the blunt truth.

I remember being on here and most were pumped up when we hired Mularkey for instance, or when we drafted Mike Williams...(I dont need 10 posters saying "not me" as I know not 100% or people support every decision...quite frankly, some people are just liars too, but the overall consensus was in support of these moves). Then when they dont work our fans rip these moves apart and are critical as if they would have known better, even people who originally supported the move...come on, not realistic. If all the fans on these team boards were such football genuises they wouldnt be on these boards, they would be working in a front office some where.

So putting control in the fans hands would be the dumbest mistake ever made...just the truth. Throw in the fact that its hard enough to get 2 people to agree on something, but now you have hundreds or even thousands trying to agree on a coach...then add how completely far fetched and unrealistic this idea is to actually happen, and you sir earned the emoticon I gave... :rolleyes:

Another example...all these fans on here whining that Ralph is cheap and doesnt pay players because thats the envogue thing to say. Truth is, anyone who has any real football sense and truly follows this team will clearly see Ralph has been spending his money, and big bucks I might add, on players to bring in and to retain players. But as a fan, they dont look at it from a football stance, they look at it as "I am butt hurt we are not in the playoffs so I am going to spout off anything just to rant".

1. Our Oline was horrendous, he paid top dollar to bring in Dockery (who was a big signing) and Walker. Our O Line now is light years from where it was.

2. He payed up and kept Evans with a hugh contract.

3. He retained Schobel, Kelsay and Denney for big contracts

4. Traded for Stroud (who doesnt have a small contract)

5. Traded up in to first round (three times) to get players we wanted knowing it would cost us more money...

6. Brought key players like Mitchell

7. And so on and so on...

Fans spout off at the mouth based on emotion, they make decisions based on emotion....you cant do that when you are making decisions for a team. And all that is fine, thats what fans do, but it has no place in any place of power.

BOTTOM LINE: YOU CAN NOT LET THE INMATES RUN THE ASYLUM!

oh geezus...fine you want a real answer, here it is...

FANS DO NOT KNOW FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

BOTTOM LINE: YOU CAN NOT LET THE INMATES RUN THE ASYLUM!

The original post was a crazy idea, but it wasn't a stupid one.

To say that fans don't know football is dumb. Most uf us played football at one time, and not just at the high school level either. It's not rocket science.

Also, the people of Green Bay, Wisconsin seem to be doing okay running their team.

The original post was a crazy idea, but it wasn't a stupid one.

To say that fans don't know football is dumb. Most uf us played football at one time, and not just at the high school level either. It's not rocket science.

Also, the people of Green Bay, Wisconsin seem to be doing okay running their team.

Because you understand the rules of football as a player (I played football and started through college on a top 10 ranked team) doesnt mean you "KNOW" football from a decision making side, understanding the COMPLEX rules of the salary cap, identifying talent (not just watching a few highlights on ESPN), understanding the immensly complicated schemes and systems to maximize your players talents, etc, etc.

Very DISTINCT difference between knowing the rules of football and truly understanding football. I personally would NOT ever make the claim to know all the eseential ends and outs about running a football team, and I assure you I know quite a bit about football.

Second, GB is such a poor example to go to. Do you even understand how that works up there or just making assumptions? The fans dont pick the coach as the idea presented in the original post suggest we do by raising our own money and picking the guy, so how this is a comparison is beyond me. Second, to add to how far fetched this original post is, if you truly understood what was going on in GB you would also know that NFL is dead set against what GB has ever being duplicated again for another NFL team...

So thats a double :rolleyes:B-)

Because you understand the rules of football as a player (I played football and started through college on a top 10 ranked team) doesnt mean you "KNOW" football from a decision making side, understanding the COMPLEX rules of the salary cap, identifying talent (not just watching a few highlights on ESPN), understanding the immensly complicated schemes and systems to maximize your players talents, etc, etc.

Very DISTINCT difference between knowing the rules of football and truly understanding football. I personally would NOT ever make the claim to know all the eseential ends and outs about running a football team, and I assure you I know quite a bit about football.

Second, GB is such a poor example to go to. Do you even understand how that works up there or just making assumptions? The fans dont pick the coach as the idea presented in the original post suggest we do by raising our own money and picking the guy, so how this is a comparison is beyond me. Second, to add to how far fetched this original post is, if you truly understood what was going on in GB you would also know that NFL is dead set against what GB has ever being duplicated again for another NFL team...

What team did you play for? What position were you?

I think phypon's line

We go over the administrations head and hire the coach ourselves. Even if we do not make it that far, it will certainly drum up a ton of publicity and perhaps influence keeping the Bills in place and perhaps even influence FO changes.

shows that he knows that it would not get to the point of fans making football decisions(which I agree would be catastrophic).

The goal was to make a change for the good in Buffalo, which it might do.

And this is just my take, but just because the NFL is against the GB model does not in any way mean that it is a bad one. It just means that the rest of the owners see it as some sort of threat to their own pocketbooks.

I think phypon's line

shows that he knows that it would not get to the point of fans making football decisions(which I agree would be catastrophic).

The goal was to make a change for the good in Buffalo, which it might do.

And this is just my take, but just because the NFL is against the GB model does not in any way mean that it is a bad one. It just means that the rest of the owners see it as some sort of threat to their own pocketbooks.

I didnt say the way GB is run is viewed as bad...I said it adds to how far fetched this original post was because its impossible to happen per the NFL's stance on it and just another reason why I put a :rolleyes: as just my oringal response which started these lines of posting...

I didnt say the way GB is run is viewed as bad...I said it adds to how far fetched this original post was because its impossible to happen per the NFL's stance on it and just another reason why I put a :rolleyes: as just my oringal response which started these lines of posting...

...remember when we were 5-1....

...remember when we were 5-1....

lol...I remember posting a post that said I was worried about making the playoffs when were 5-1 and said that our schedule is not nearly as easy as the posters say since Mia, Jets, and NE were all starting to play good at that time and didnt look like easy wins to me.

Of course, at that time I was mostly concerned with out O Line play as to why we would struggle because Lynch hadnt really had a big game yet, and Trent was stinking the joint when teams like Oakland and St Louis were getting penetration at the line.