Lack of talent on this team

TheBlackMamba

all of these posts blaming Tom Donahue, Dick Jauron, the Prime Minister of England, and my cousin Harry, you and me, the fat kid from What's Happening are starting to get a tad bit ridiculous. I know i have dont my fair share of finger pointing but the more i think about this team the more i want to start blaming the scouting and pro personnel departments. Where have our late round or early round draft "gems" been (as our pal Mel Kiper would say)?. The only undrafted or late round picks i can remember making an impact are Angelo Crowell and Peters (correct me if i am wrong). It seems to me we should be calling for the heads of Tom Modrak and Jon Guy. Since they have been in charge this decade we have a .429 winning percentage. Do you know who that puts us in a tie with for the worst winning percentage this decade??? The DETROIT LIONS.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally .. i think this team has playoff-caliber talent.

Especially when you stack this team up player for player with other playoff contending teams.

There are plenty of issues .. but a lack of talent is not one of them IMO

The Jets sent 8 men to the Pro Bowl. We sent one, who didn't even deserve it. Somehow, we stack up with them, man for man?

OK. To each his own.

I'll give you an example .. I like Thomas Jones a lot!!!

He has had a great season.

But personally do you think he is more talented than lynch? I don't

If you had the choice .. would you take jones over lynch .. even putting aside our fandom.

I live near the city and watched last week's game with a bunch of jets fans. They were very impressed with Lynch.

I would take Lynch .. and i think all those jets fans i watched the game with would too.

Especially when you stack this team up player for player with other playoff contending teams.

The most pivotal positions, quarterback and defensive line, are where our weaknesses are. The coaches aren't perfect, but they are not what held this team back, in my opinion.

If you're swapping between two hapless passers and you can't get a sack to save your life, you're just not going to the playoffs, period.

I'll give you an example .. I like Thomas Jones a lot!!!

He has had a great season.

But personally do you think he is more talented than lynch? I don't

If you had the choice .. would you take jones over lynch .. even putting aside our fandom.

I live near the city and watched last week's game with a bunch of jets fans. They were very impressed with Lynch.

I would take Lynch .. and i think all those jets fans i watched the game with would too.

I would take Lynch, too.

Favre or Edwards?

The Jets entire offensive line or ours? (except Peters)

The Jets entire defensive line or ours?

The most pivotal positions, quarterback and defensive line, are where our weaknesses are. The coaches aren't perfect, but they are not what held this team back, in my opinion.

If you're swapping between two hapless passers and you can't get a sack to save your life, you're just not going to the playoffs, period.

I dont think Edwards is a hapless passer ... but i do think he should be a backup right now to a more established veteran. I think the biggest mistake brandon made this offseason .. is entrusting JP (who is completely hapless) with the backup role. Because not only has that killed us the last two weeks .. It also didn't give us a viable alternative to pull Edwards when he had his midseason struggles.

I would take Lynch, too.

Favre or Edwards?

The Jets entire offensive line or ours? (except Peters)

The Jets entire defensive line or ours?

entire lines? Those are tough calls. I would say the Bills offensive line is very strong as a whole.

Some of them are overpaid but that doesnt make them bad players. I'm no oline expert but in the games I have watched Edwards seems to have a reasonable amount of time to throw the football (hard to tell with jp cause he scrambles so much). And Lynch has running room(Not always .. but no line in this league is perfect). I think Oline is a draw.

I would take Chris Jenkins over anyone on our dline .. no argument there. But i like Chris Kelsay .. i think he makes plays. And Marcus Stroud is a very strong player. That was a great FA signing. And don't forget Schobel. Jets have the edge because Jenkins is such a standout .. but overall .. i dont think the talent gap is very wide. Bills defintely have a talented Dline. But they are definitely in need of another pass rusher so they can put heat on the qb without having to blitz.

I would definitely take Favre lol. although i think Edwards will be a good nfl quarterback.

entire lines? Those are tough calls. I would say the Bills offensive line is very strong as a whole.

Some of them are overpaid but that doesnt make them bad players. I'm no oline expert but in the games I have watched Edwards seems to have a reasonable amount of time to throw the football (hard to tell with jp cause he scrambles so much). And Lynch has running room(Not always .. but no line in this league is perfect). I think Oline is a draw.

I would take Chris Jenkins over anyone on our dline .. no argument there. But i like Chris Kelsay .. i think he makes plays. And Marcus Stroud is a very strong player. That was a great FA signing. And don't forget Schobel. Jets have the edge because Jenkins is such a standout .. but overall .. i dont think the talent gap is very wide. Bills defintely have a talented Dline. But they are definitely in need of another pass rusher so they can put heat on the qb without having to blitz.

I would definitely take Favre lol. although i think Edwards will be a good nfl quarterback.

I've seen the Jets on TV several times this year and the thing that impresses me most about them is their Offensive Line. I'd take theirs over ours in a heartbeat. Ours is not bad now that we've worked out a blocking scheme to get ML some holes. They protect the QB pretty well.

I tend to agree, If it wasn't for the absolute total failure to call the correct play call against the Jets The Bills would have beaten a 12 million dollar QB,not to mention all the other high priced players the Jets acquired the last few seasons.

The Bills have the talent,they just lack the coaches to put them in the proper situations to win. Making the 2nd string QB try and throw to win any game is completely foolish and yet this staff keeps forcing that.

I could see this team under a different head coach and OC getting 11 to 12 wins this year.

The Jets sent 8 men to the Pro Bowl. We sent one, who didn't even deserve it. Somehow, we stack up with them, man for man?

Probowl is a complete popularity contest...if anything its an indication of how one has played 2-3 years ago.

Anyone noticed we've done pretty well this year when we kept it under 4 turn-overs in a game? It turnovers that have really killed us this year.

I think we have some good "average" talent on this team. We have a couple stud players on this team...

But what we don't seem to have is a leader on this team. You can't be made a leader, it comes from experience - and collective experience. When a team loses as badly as we have over the past few years, I think it's hard for players to just flat out trust that you will find a way to win. That trust and confidence is what leads to success as much as anything.

I think we need to build stability. I'm tired of the rotisserie in the coaching staff, and the QB position. Goodbye JP, you may have been jobbed, but it's time for the bills to move on and not screw up the next kid. Let Edwards sink or swim, but no benching him vis-a-vis the coaching of the past. If, after 2010 he still hasn't done anything, well, then I'd pull the plug. But, he's a 2nd year QB who needs experience and one more year at least.

I fully expect Hamdan to be the backup at this point. No more wasting picks on day 1 QBs please.

Marshawn Lynch is a stud. Lee Evans is a stud - who would do so much better if we had someone to draw attention away from him.

The one position which has been a consistent disappointment for me has been TE. I'd like to see them go after a top tier TE to give another option to Edwards. I suppose Fine & Shouman could develop into something, but they don't seem to be at this juncture.

Hardy needs work. Just like every WR prospect. It takes a year or two to develop. Reed isn't a threat. Hardy could be, the injury to him at this time just sucks. Now is when he could really get quality starts. We may not be a playoff contender, but the teams we're playing against are, and to top that off they need wins to remain in contention.

As far as the Defense goes, we need DL help. I think particularly at DE. Without a great pass rush, it just puts so much pressure on everyone else. our LB corps is solid. Our DBs are pretty solid. The DL needs to put pressure on... Oh, for a Bruce Smith 20 years younger...

Ridiculously wrong. There is a maddening lack of talent on this team, which is why we consistently lose more games than we win. Front office is bad, coaches are bad, talent is mediocre AT BEST.

Does this roster REALLY have a lot of good players on it? We have one good WR, a good RB, our QB is mediocre, our O-line is hit or miss with substandard talent at a few spots, our DE's are terrible, our LB's are average on good days, our safeties are borderline terrible... where's all this playoff-caliber talent?!? Whitner? Posluszny? Kelsay? Preston? Ellison? Butler? Dockery?

C'mon. Bills fans really need to start being honest with themselves. The TEAM IS NOT GOOD.

Ridiculously wrong. There is a maddening lack of talent on this team, which is why we consistently lose more games than we win. Front office is bad, coaches are bad, talent is mediocre AT BEST.

Does this roster REALLY have a lot of good players on it? We have one good WR, a good RB, our QB is mediocre, our O-line is hit or miss with substandard talent at a few spots, our DE's are terrible, our LB's are average on good days, our safeties are borderline terrible... where's all this playoff-caliber talent?!? Whitner? Posluszny? Kelsay? Preston? Ellison? Butler? Dockery?

C'mon. Bills fans really need to start being honest with themselves. The TEAM IS NOT GOOD.

Madden-ing? Boom!