Langston Walker says it...

Unfortunately the annonimity of the intardnet leads people to make unsubstantiated statements in one direction and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other and then you get an equally unsubstantiated statement in the other.

Think of the 4-0, 5-1 start. If someone dared to bring up the lack of a running game how were they treated? If someone dared to bring up Dick's use of timeouts, challenges etc. how were they treated? If someone brought up the opponents the team built that record on how were they treated? If someone brought up the play of the LBs how were they treated? If someone brought up the pass rush how were they treated?

It isn't just the QB.

You are so smart and funny...I want to have your children....Oh, wait! Hehe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP ended his own debate...

He'll be elsewhere, maybe bagging groceries somewhere. He's a good guy. I feel really bad for how he was handled, I do think he got a raw deal w/ the benchings etc... but, I don't think he's got a future in the league as a starting QB - and sadly, he does which gives him a huge chip on his shoulder and instead of just being as good as he can, he's trying to be a superstar. Shut up and play the game. Peyton Manning doesn't care if he's a superstar and that's why he is one.

he has a few million...he is young...he has the world by the you know whats.... wish it had worked out for him here

he has a few million...he is young...he has the world by the you know whats.... wish it had worked out for him here

I have to confess that I feel a little bad for the kid. I thought he was questionable coming out of college, because he spent so much time behind a horrible offensive line. He was getting plastered to the turf constantly, and he was still able to play well. So to a certain extent I could see Donahoe's reasoning: "Put him behind a decent O-Line, and he'll be great".

Unfortunately, I think the habits he picked up from having to run for his life in college carried over to the pros.

That being said, he's a good kid who tried very, very hard. But he's done as a starter no matter what. He still could have a career as a back up.

I don't think people on this board have given JP a long enough chance to prove himself as a respectable QB.

A few weeks ago, I put up a post about how most QBs take a little time to develop...guys like Aikman (winless his first year), Eli, etc. I'm not going to find it; it's there. And it echos what you said. But it's the Edwards-bashers that it was meant for; whether JP got a fair chance here or not (he didn't, IMO), is now irrelevant. He was ruined (cf. Leaf) and now is done.

Let's hope that people give Edwards a little more of a chance. (ON EDIT: there's a current thread about how Edwards "isn't a bust yet" here; are these people completely ignorant of how new he is to the league?) He shows signs of being a very good QB at times, and he still is developing.