Does it get any worse for a Yankee fan?

duey

Seems to me its the Yankee fans that are obsessed with the Red Sox.  Why else would they be crushed when the Sox won the world series?

89365[/snapback]

Who's crushed? Don't even start talking about obsession. You'll make a fool of yourself if you argue that Yankee fans are the ones obsessed with the Red Sox. You've earned the right to talk your trash, but don't get ridiculous.

By the way, not only am I not crushed, I actually cracked a smile last night when the final out was made. I tried to stop it but the damn thing came on my face anyway.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admit it, you absolutely didnt want the Sox to win the world series. You'd root for any other team than them to win it.

I dont expect the yankees to suck but I do expect them to have trouble. The old days of traditional yankees like Paul O'Neil, Tino, Brosius and Pettitte are over. The payroll will eclipse 220 million next year and much of it will be dead money on guys like Kevin Brown, Jason Giambi and even Derek Jeter who is wildly overpaid.

Admit it, you absolutely didnt want the Sox to win the world series.  You'd root for any other team than them to win it. 

I dont expect the yankees to suck but I do expect them to have trouble.  The old days of traditional yankees like Paul O'Neil, Tino, Brosius and Pettitte are over.    The payroll will eclipse 220 million next year and much of it will be dead money on guys like Kevin Brown, Jason Giambi and even Derek Jeter who is wildly overpaid.

89380[/snapback]

Sounds like obsession to me.

Admit it, you absolutely didnt want the Sox to win the world series.  You'd root for any other team than them to win it. 

I dont expect the yankees to suck but I do expect them to have trouble.  The old days of traditional yankees like Paul O'Neil, Tino, Brosius and Pettitte are over.    The payroll will eclipse 220 million next year and much of it will be dead money on guys like Kevin Brown, Jason Giambi and even Derek Jeter who is wildly overpaid.

89380[/snapback]

Yes I wanted them to lose, but it was far from an obsession.

89380[/snapback]

I don't know your definition of traditional, but if you mean players coming up through the system, then your off base. Tino, Paul, Brosius...none of them did that. Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie...they all did. But it's not about that. It's about getting the right mix of guys, just like the Red Sox did for the second half of the '04 season and the playoffs.

Derek Jeter isn't overpaid. That guy is one of few who have earned their salaries. Kevin Brown...now he's overpaid.

Being in the NYC area...I've had to deal with the pissing and moaning of Yankee fans for a week now.  This is what I gather from these fine folks regarding their current feelings...here's why this is the worst season ever...

They didn't win the World Series.

They didn't even make the World Series.

They were up 3-0, and lost.

They were up 3-0, and lost to the Red Sox.

They were up 3-0, and lost to the Red Sox...at Yankee Stadium...you know, the house that Ruth built.

George publically ridiculed the Red Sox owner for not getting ARod.

Yankees fans relished this fact, and even laughed as the Sox had to settle for Schilling;

ARod was a big, overpaid, puss, while Schilling showed the kind of guts and determination that is rarely found in this game anymore.

No longer can "1918" be chanted at the Stadium.

The "Curse of the Bambino" is dead...dead and gone forever.

No longer can any Yankee fan say that the Sox are their bitches.

For eternity...the Yankees will be remembered as the only team...EVER...who lost a 3-0 lead...and it was against the most hated Red Sox...and it was completed at Yankee Stadium.

For Yankee-haters everywhere, and for baseball as a whole, this is truly a great day.

CONGRATULATION RED SOX!!!

89099[/snapback]

You can't be serious. There have been a few stretches when the Yanks were just terrible and it didn't seem like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Dry farm system, good free agents wouldn't sign, those that did were mostly total flops, Steinbrenner fighting with the few good players the team had....I started following the Yanks closely in 1979 and for the better part of two decades they didn't do squat and I was starting to wonder if they were going to win one again in my lifetime. I am still basking in the glow of all the championships, the playoff streak that runs back to 1995, they have been money to be in October for a decade now and it's really hard for me to be upset by a postseason defeat, even to the Red Sox. Congrats to the Sox, this only makes the rivalry more interesting.

It's a rivalry, not an obsession.

89414[/snapback]

I think this goes further than just a rivalry for many Yankee fans including me. Nothing worse can happen than having the Red Sox win a World Series. It hurt when the Diamondbacks beat the Yanks....but you congratulate them. It is tough to watch the Marlins win...but you congratulate them. The Red Sox...their fans and their media do not deserve a congratulations.

You Sox fans are proving my point.

Yanks fans don't care if you win or not. Well most of them don't..... They care only if they win. All the talk radio, commentary, TV I've been seeing isn't Yanks fans that are crushed. Acutally most of them seem to be thinking....good for them.

BoSox fans root for the BoSox and whoever is playing the Yanks.

Now that the BoSox have won it's more about "look at us, look at us!!! We are as good as the Yanks America!" it's not "look at us we are the best team in baseball!"

And as far as me being an outside looking in.....we've got a ring from 1995 thanks. So in esscense in the last 10 years you are the same as the Braves, Angels, Dbacks...whereas over the last 10 the Yanks have 4 and the Marlins have 2.

Sorry, you just don't get it!

It doesn't matter, good luck to the Braves next year

You Sox fans are proving my point.

Yanks fans don't care if you win or not. Well most of them don't..... They care only if they win. All the talk radio, commentary, TV I've been seeing isn't Yanks fans that are crushed. Acutally most of them seem to be thinking....good for them.

BoSox fans root for the BoSox and whoever is playing the Yanks.

Now that the BoSox have won it's more about "look at us, look at us!!! We are as good as the Yanks America!" it's not "look at us we are the best team in baseball!"

And as far as me being an outside looking in.....we've got a ring from 1995 thanks. So in esscense in the last 10 years you are the same as the Braves, Angels, Dbacks...whereas over the last 10 the Yanks have 4 and the Marlins have 2.

89441[/snapback]

Being in the NYC area...I've had to deal with the pissing and moaning of Yankee fans for a week now.  This is what I gather from these fine folks regarding their current feelings...here's why this is the worst season ever...

They didn't win the World Series.

They didn't even make the World Series.

They were up 3-0, and lost.

They were up 3-0, and lost to the Red Sox.

They were up 3-0, and lost to the Red Sox...at Yankee Stadium...you know, the house that Ruth built.

George publically ridiculed the Red Sox owner for not getting ARod.

Yankees fans relished this fact, and even laughed as the Sox had to settle for Schilling;

ARod was a big, overpaid, puss, while Schilling showed the kind of guts and determination that is rarely found in this game anymore.

No longer can "1918" be chanted at the Stadium.

The "Curse of the Bambino" is dead...dead and gone forever.

No longer can any Yankee fan say that the Sox are their bitches.

For eternity...the Yankees will be remembered as the only team...EVER...who lost a 3-0 lead...and it was against the most hated Red Sox...and it was completed at Yankee Stadium.

For Yankee-haters everywhere, and for baseball as a whole, this is truly a great day.

CONGRATULATION RED SOX!!!

89099[/snapback]

you think 1 great year makes up for 100 years of being dominated??? now thats funny.

ill respect your team for winning the world series, and comming back on the yankees. but 1 season can not over turn 100 years. i hate yankees, cus i always pull for the underdog in baseball, but they are still teh team to beat, and will remain so for 30 years to come, or untill a real cap is set up....

When I saw that I almost puked.  It amazed me that a Met fan did not come in and shoot all those losers.  How the hell can a NYC bar allow Red Sox fans to celebrate, and even more so, let it get captured on film.  That owner will probably see some serious "damage" to the business.

89149[/snapback]

The bar is called the "Riviera" and it's been a Red Sox bar for 4 years. It's supported by Red Sox fans and it's well known throughtout NYC to be a RSN headquarters.

That's not the only bar either for Sox fans in NYC. I know of at least 3 more who attract Sox fans.

It's a loyal, passionate fanbase who support their team and the business owners were smart to cater to them

89380[/snapback]

Can you envision any scenario under which you would root for the Yankees to win the World Series?

There you have it. :D

Yep. This is the absolute low point in the history of the New York Yankees. Badly losing a championship series, watching their rivals hoist the trophy, and going home. And 4 years removed from a title

Look out Cleveland, here comes New York - the most suffering fans.

Wildcard bitches eh? Well those Wildcard Bitches Bitchslapped the Spankees right out of the !@#$ing playoffs BIATCH!! The red sox done something the spankees couldnt and that was win a series when up 3-0!!

Guess what losers will be in fenway for ring presentation and flag raising..... you guessed it the New York !@#$ing SPANKEES!!!! At least the Red Sox won a Title in this decade!!

Drink that coolaid !@#$!!!

2004 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Wildcard bitches eh?  Well those Wildcard Bitches Bitchslapped the Spankees right out of the !@#$ing playoffs BIATCH!! The red sox done something the spankees couldnt and that was win a series when up 3-0!!

Guess what losers will be in fenway for ring presentation and flag raising..... you guessed it the New York !@#$ing SPANKEES!!!! At least the Red Sox won a Title in this decade!!

Drink that coolaid !@#$!!! 

2004 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

89847[/snapback]

Maybe the Red $ox can do something the Yankee$ have done with regularity and the $ox havent in many many moons.

Repeat.