2009 Russ Brandon Plan

BillsNYC

Since we now know (Adam Shefter reporting) Jauron signed the 3 year deal, we know he's not going anywhere. We also know Wilson loves Brandon, so he's not going anywhere either.

So no new head coach, no new GM, ain't gonna happen so stop dreaming now.

The fan base is as ticked off as it was in Donahoe's last year, and season tickets are going to plummet. You're now playing 9 away games, 10 if the NFL turns a pre-season game into a 17th regular season game. Brandon can't bring in a new coach, so what does he do?

1) Fire Turk and bring in a "name" coordinator...perhaps a fired HC from this year or a past name.

2) Sign 1-2 big name free agents or trade for a falling star that will rile up the fan base.

3) Bring in a name talent guy into the front office (ie, another Modrak or Guy)

4) Install a PR spin machine that would make Donahoe's look amateurish

In the end with Brandon in charge, this is going to be a marketing effort, not a football effort the way it SHOULD be done. So basically look forward to a smokes and mirrors strategy instead of building a true football program.

That's all we're going to get until the team is out of Wilson's hands and a serious buyer takes over the team or it moves elsewhere.

Basically, we're going to root for the Buffalo "Band-aids and Duct Tape" Bills until the team is sold. I for one love the Bills so will root for them even if they lose every game, but I'm not going to have any grand illusions of this team being a contender any time soon, Wilson has already demonstrated he doesn't want to invest in the team, and that's his decision.

It's your decision whether or not to stay on or jump off.

Since we now know (Adam Shefter reporting) Jauron signed the 3 year deal, we know he's not going anywhere. We also know Wilson loves Brandon, so he's not going anywhere either.

The fan base is as ticked off as it was in Donahoe's last year, and season tickets are going to plummet. You're now playing 9 away games, 10 if the NFL turns a pre-season game into a 17th regular season game. Brandon can't bring in a new coach, so what does he do?

1) Fire Turk and bring in a "name" coordinator...perhaps a fired HC from this year or a past name.

2) Sign 1-2 big name free agents or trade for a falling star that will rile up the fan base.

In the end with Brandon in charge, this is going to be a marketing effort, not a football effort the way it SHOULD be done. So basically look forward to a smokes and mirrors strategy instead of building a true football program.

That's all we're going to get until the team is out of Wilson's hands and a serious buyer takes over the team or it moves elsewhere.

Basically, we're going to root for the Buffalo "Band-aids and Duct Tape" Bills until the team is sold. I for one love the Bills so will root for them even if they lose every game, but I'm not going to have any grand illusions of this team being a contender any time soon, Wilson has already demonstrated he doesn't want to invest in the team, and that's his decision.

As long as there is a team called the Buffalo Bills I am staying on, however UNLESS something major happens in the off season I will not be planning for the Annual trek north for a game and will likely give up my sunday ticket subsrciption, this is too painful to watch. I will still listen in via sirius but will do so while working in the backyard or other more productive things than sitting in front of the TV watching the disastser this had become.

BillsNYC,

Until Shefter confirmed the contract, did you not assume there was one? That was what everyone was saying, and there was no reason to think it particularly implausible. So, if you thought before yesterday that Jauron could be fired, then you could still think so today.

The fact that it was just signed yesterday means it could have been an option contract, and the fact that Ralph didn't know if Jauron signed an extension or not could have been legitimate. If that is true, though, that just makes Jauron an even bigger dick.

this is probably the best we can hope for, which COULD work out well. we should be so lucky to have turk gone. If we were the bills, we could grab turner for OC. he is a crappy HC, but a great OC.

BillsNYC,

Until Shefter confirmed the contract, did you not assume there was one? That was what everyone was saying, and there was no reason to think it particularly implausible. So, if you thought before yesterday that Jauron could be fired, then you could still think so today.

The fact that it was just signed yesterday means it could have been an option contract, and the fact that Ralph didn't know if Jauron signed an extension or not could have been legitimate. If that is true, though, that just makes Jauron an even bigger dick.

I don't have any confident with Wilson that he is smart enough to make it an option contract extension. He is too old and too cheap to think clearly. Jauron is a career loser! He should not be in the league. He is probably the dumbest Yale grad in the school history. We need Marv to come out and explain again why he hire this loser.

I would bet anything that around the 4th, 5th round, we will draft a QB and Hamdan will be our 2nd stringer. I would love to see it be Tebow bc I think he is vastly underrated as a potential NFL QB, but I have a feeling he will be drafted between the 2nd and 3rd round as a multi-pronged player (QB, TE, FB, etc).

I can honestly say I'll watch the team until it's gone, and maybe this year's start has made these last 8 weeks so hard to take, but I WILL NOT make my annual trip to watch the Bills play the dolphags in Toronto next year, if they schedule them there again.

My best hope for this team is they play out this disastrous series of "home games" and never do it again, and Ralph comes out of his living coma and sells the team to the Jim Kelly owners group. I'll even go so far as to make this promise - If Ralph sells the team to the Jim Kelly Owner group, I will buy season tickets for his first 5 seasons of owning the team, and I live in Tennessee.

I would bet anything that around the 4th, 5th round, we will draft a QB and Hamdan will be our 2nd stringer. I would love to see it be Tebow bc I think he is vastly underrated as a potential NFL QB, but I have a feeling he will be drafted between the 2nd and 3rd round as a multi-pronged player (QB, TE, FB, etc).

I think Miami would be nuts not to draft Tebow.. not in the 1st rd. mind you.. but, get him in a Dolphins Uni.. Tebow behind center, running the "Wildcat" offense, would really suck for the rest of the AFC East.

BillsNYC,

I've thought there was a deal since it was first announced weeks ago. I just think what I outlined is how a marketing guy as GM with a cheap owner will handle the situation.

I don't have any confident with Wilson that he is smart enough to make it an option contract extension. He is too old and too cheap to think clearly. Jauron is a career loser! He should not be in the league. He is probably the dumbest Yale grad in the school history. We need Marv to come out and explain again why he hire this loser.

I think it all starts with Wilson. This team is almost 50 years old and they have had a grand total of about 14 or 15 good years - four or five in the '60's and nine or ten in the late '80's and '90's. Wilson's so good at spin, though, that he makes you think he really cares about the area and the fans, even though, until this recent string of mediocrity, he hinted at moving them if the county/city/state didn't massage his ego.

I think it all starts with Wilson. This team is almost 50 years old and they have had a grand total of about 14 or 15 good years - four or five in the '60's and nine or ten in the late '80's and '90's. Wilson's so good at spin, though, that he makes you think he really cares about the area and the fans, even though, until this recent string of mediocrity, he hinted at moving them if the county/city/state didn't massage his ego.

Of course it does, that's why Brandon's going to "market" the team instead of building a true football program.

I was just thinking, when Sullivan asked Wilson if Jauron had a 3 year contract and he replied about the fumble, I think he was actually saying that was the player's (JP) fault, not Jauron's like many are saying.

Unless something happens this off-season with the hiring of a GM and firing of the joke of a HC, Brandon is RB's pawn.

And don't underestimate the already potent PR department with good old Scott Berchtold running the show. They'll find a way to make this team like world beaters that just came up short.

Again, unless something major happens, Russ is a pawn and RW is riding the senility train to the sunset with this team.

2nd dumbest. george bush would have the bills 0-14 right now. no question