Well 1918 is almost in the rearview.

Let me explain something to those of you on the short bus.

This year I'm happy to just be there because we weren't picked to do much.  If I were a Yankees fan, then you would be correct, anything less then a World Series win would be unacceptable.  For most teams in baseball however, 200 million is not an option payroll wise and we take what we can get when we can get it.

Loveable losers?  Check your facts stupid ass, we have 9 World Championships and now we have 16 league championships.

We are hardly the Cubs pal.

88939[/snapback]

I know you are psyched about what the Cards did, and as well you should be. No shame in it at all. I was just pointing out that the Yankee Mystique is far from shattered or broken <_<

The Red Sox had a "Miracle on Ice" postseason in this sense - the magic was the win over the "Evil Empire" (So to speak, I wouldn't personally call the Yankees such, exactly) was actually in the semi-final, but the final was so blase nobody will remember it. I can imagine explaining to my son someday that the Yankees and the Red Sox didn't actually met in the World Series in 2004 - they didn't move the Yankees to the National League until 2009 in exchange for the San Francisco Giants. (may the concept of radical realignment remain in its grave)

Honestly I'm totally fine right now. It's a lot easier to take when you were NEVER even in it. It's not like it's game 7.

Loser attitude.

88957[/snapback]

You think I should be throwing things or something?

I guess I probably would if I was a fan of a team that blew a 3-0 series lead to their most bitter rival.

I'm not though, so I won't.

Stupid Chokees fan.

<_<

12 more outs until the biggest party in Boston history.

St. Louis was DOA at this years World Series.

I look forward to a good run from the Cards though, this is the start of another Cardinals Dynasty.

88896[/snapback]

And you wanted to insult me not too long ago about the Braves? :)

Why?

Honestly I'm totally fine right now. It's a lot easier to take when you were NEVER even in it. It's not like it's game 7.

Loser attitude.

88957[/snapback]

Wow, why the hate?

Are you even a Bills fan? Why are you here?

<_<

Thanks TGREG ...great point.

BF - at least the Yankees have a "mystique" - the Cardinals are just lovable losers- just like their fans. Case in point - you are happy just to get to the World Series - as a yankees fan, Im only satisfied when they win the WS - everything else is a failure - and that is why they are always competitive.

88923[/snapback]

Right - it's all attitude and has nothing to do with payroll. <_<

If the Cards and Sox had the cache that the Yanks derive from luxury boxes and cable income, they would dominate because they are that much better managed and are supported by ticket-buying fans.

As it is, we'll have to be satisfied with just being slightly better this time around.

12 more outs until the biggest party in Boston history.

St. Louis was DOA at this years World Series.

I look forward to a good run from the Cards though, this is the start of another Cardinals Dynasty.

88896[/snapback]

Dynasty? Try travesty..................LaRussa = LaChoka

Well the Yanks will have the luxury of spending 200 million, so they will be competitive. But the great Mystique is dead, the great closer mystique over, House that Ruth built...?? gone! Now we are back to the starting line for the for the race again!

Oh, and the Yankees "mystique" is long gone Spankee fans.    The only mystique they have left is how are they going to blow it THIS time.

89096[/snapback]

Yeah it does, but at least Tony isn't the manager of the biggest chokers in sports history.

THE NEW YORK CHOKEES!!!!

89624[/snapback]

tony is right up there with chokes....supposed great teams that get in the World Series and fold as fast as I fold 2 7 offsuit in Hold Em :D