It's the concussion....

atl-fan

Get it over with already, TE has yet to completely recover from his Arizona game concussion. Place him on IR, let him rest, concussions can take up to 6 months to fully heal from, the Bills are just continuing to aggravate and slow his "roller coaster" recovery. How obvious does this have to be? But then again, maybe Jauron has a sympathy concussion also as he does not seem either to accept or recognize the effects this has had on any offensive consistency or production since the infamous Arizona game. That's the turn for this season.

Completely irresponsible of the coaches to plan this season, and continue on as if TE was indestructible. JP should have been getting more and more work immediately after the concussion. He wasn't until the "groin" injury. I had posted that he needed to be "warmer" but no, they sent him him colder than anyone can imagine, so season up in flames!

Now we post to start GH. Actually a great idea in combination with another great idea in that every win now is a loss for draft position, not that we've really had any luck or ability with good positioning anyways.

So I say, it can't get much worse than 3points/game so start GH. He may surprise and bring a little life into this offense and get him warmed up to his #2 role for next season. Who knows, maybe the next Matt Casell ?

Get it over with already, TE has yet to completely recover from his Arizona game concussion. Place him on IR, let him rest, concussions can take up to 6 months to fully heal from, the Bills are just continuing to aggravate and slow his "roller coaster" recovery. How obvious does this have to be? But then again, maybe Jauron has a sympathy concussion also as he does not seem either to accept or recognize the effects this has had on any offensive consistency or production since the infamous Arizona game. That's the turn for this season.

Completely irresponsible of the coaches to plan this season, and continue on as if TE was indestructible. JP should have been getting more and more work immediately after the concussion. He wasn't until the "groin" injury. I had posted that he needed to be "warmer" but no, they sent him him colder than anyone can imagine, so season up in flames!

Now we post to start GH. Actually a great idea in combination with another great idea in that every win now is a loss for draft position, not that we've really had any luck or ability with good positioning anyways.

So I say, it can't get much worse than 3points/game so start GH. He may surprise and bring a little life into this offense and get him warmed up to his #2 role for next season. Who knows, maybe the next Matt Casell ?

I totally agree that TE has not been at all the same since the AZ concussion. But I don't know if he or the team even realize it. To see him totally melt down agaist the Browns was almost bizarre. His strength had been quick decision making and protecting the ball. Since "the hit", he's not done either at all. If you look at the last play of the first half in the SF game, he gets slammed to the ground on the play, with his head bouncing off the turf. Presto- the second half begins and he's not playing. Now, he may well have a groin injury, but I think it's the concussion that is the bigger issue.

then explain the KC game.......

Lets not forget the San Diego game either.

Concussions affect people in different ways on different occasions. A buddy of mine has had three concussions (two from hockey, one from a car accident). Most days he is perfectly fine. Other days, he suffers from horrible migraines and claims he just can't focus. He's even had blackouts. The long term symptoms of a concussion don't lend themselves to consistency. That said, I doubt that Trent's groin injury was completely fabricated. Why would the organization pretend it was a groin when head issues are a perfectly legitimate reason not to play?

Where do you get your figure of six months? I'd like to see some references, because I've never heard it before. What I have heard, over and over, is that symptoms are almost always over after three weeks. (Check wikipedia, for instance.)

It is true that occasionally people have what they usually call post-concussion symptoms, though it is unusual. But the possibilities go up when there are previous concussions. As I understand it, Trent has never had a previous concussion.

People who say that Trent is a different guy after that, miss two points. First, he wasn't different in the K.C. game, he was as good as ever. Second, a lot of the reason he was able to make quick decisions in those early games and in K.C. is a simple one. The defenses he was facing sucked. They didn't get much pressure on him and the schemes weren't difficult or complicated. Not to mention that the defensive personnel simply weren't special.

Miami and the Jets exposed a weakness in Trent, that if you block the short routes thoroughly, Trent gets confused. Everyone has done that since they figured it out, and Trent hasn't been able to handle it yet. Why would anyone use a different defence when Trent has yet to prove that he can handle that one? That is the turning point of the season, that and the fact that previously we faced bad teams, then good ones. Losing to the two bad teams we've faced later, SF and Cleveland, can be laid to the lack of confidence that comes in a losing streak, and the fact that everybody is using the defense that they have found to be effective against Edwards.

Trent isn't a different QB. He is the same QB facing a different, more difficult, set of circumstances.

If he had concussion symptoms, the Bills would know. And if they knew, they wouldn't use him, it's basically that simple.

Concussions affect people in different ways on different occasions. A buddy of mine has had three concussions (two from hockey, one from a car accident). Most days he is perfectly fine. Other days, he suffers from horrible migraines and claims he just can't focus. He's even had blackouts. The long term symptoms of a concussion don't lend themselves to consistency. That said, I doubt that Trent's groin injury was completely fabricated. Why would the organization pretend it was a groin when head issues are a perfectly legitimate reason not to play?

So, apparently Mr. Glass' "concussion" only manifests itself against good teams, and goes into remission against the very bottom of the league. Someone should submit an article to the NE Journal of Medicine, because I think this might be interesting case for physicians world-wide to study.

So, apparently Mr. Glass' "concussion" only manifests itself against good teams, and goes into remission against the very bottom of the league. Someone should submit an article to the NE Journal of Medicine, because I think this might be interesting case for physicians world-wide to study.

So KC and SD are the very bottom of the league, and Cleveland and SF are world beaters in your opinion? Wake up, we haven't faced a truly good opponent all year. Not one.

No. I'm saying Trent sucks.

Then it seems a concensus, put him on IR, he can only feel better, the "groin" and concussion injuries/arguments go away by next season, we can't get any worse than JP, why give him reps ???? he's gone in 3 games NO MATTER WHAT, get GH in there to see what he can do, if he leads for more than 3 points / game we have a whole new QB controversy. Unless that's what all you guys are really afraid of!

It's not the concussion.

No, I've never had one and I don't know anyone close enough to me who has. But look at the play-calling after Trent turned the ball over twice at Miami. Even in the Jets game, he wasn't throwing the ball with confidence.

I think it has everything to do with the combination of his self-confidence and the ultra-conservative play-calling.

It's not the concussion.

No, I've never had one and I don't know anyone close enough to me who has. But look at the play-calling after Trent turned the ball over twice at Miami. Even in the Jets game, he wasn't throwing the ball with confidence.

I think it has everything to do with the combination of his self-confidence and the ultra-conservative play-calling.

The play calling has been anything but conservative, and it sure as HELL hasn't been "ultra-conservative." How do you substantiate this? If you say it's because we run too often, then you'll have 1000000 posters here who disagree with you. If you say it's because deep routes aren't ever drawn up, then you're totally wrong. If you're upset about the conservative play-calling on the defensive side (which I'll give you), don't bring that into the argument about Trent. It's just...well it's silly to do that, really.

I just have a hard time with this Trent Edwards post stuff......he has a good game then bad then good then bad and its blame on an injury........

I think it has more to do with Trent NOT being good as we all thought....

I hate to put blame elsewhere.

apparently his concussion was bad enough to keep him from beating good teams, and some bad teams. But the injury wasn't bad enough to keep him from beating REALLY bad teams.

also, he lost his confidence, the coaching sucks, and the run game has good/bad games. and when the run game is good, we don't use it.

OK, let me get this straight:

So Edwards has sucked for the last 2 months because of a concussion. We also hear that a "buddy" still has blackouts and migraines following concussions years later. A blackout would explain his many interceptions and bad games. So, if Trent is going to suck everytime he gets hit, we better cut him now and move on. This is the NFL, and the QB is going to get hit. And hit hard. Every year. If Trent doesn't have the toughness to get up, he is no use to us on the bench.

Look at his career at Stanford. And now he is missing game after game in the NFL, just like in college. Does anyone see a pattern here ?? He stands to miss 4-6 games every season. That doesn't = a competitive football team.

Why are you apologizing for Trent's awful play ? Making excuses ? Compared to bad play, it is more concerning to me if these excuses are true, and that he isn't able to bounce back from injury. Then it doesn't matter how much he might improve, it doesn't matter how good he is if he's sitting on the bench.

I would play GH -- we need to lose as many games as possible down the stretch so we have a shot at Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford.....or even Drew Willy Namath.

Horray!!!we can continue the same logic that has made the team suck by doing this. Lets trade away all our picks for the next 15 years and get Colt and Sam- they when we see that neither can play behind an terrible line of epic proportions, we can assume they suck and send them elsewhere......then we can have more fun and bring more QB's and coaches in- because in Buffalo, thats more fun than winning!!!!!!!

Lets lose some more to the Dolphins Patriots and Jets....thats what the Bills do....I mean the stretch from 1989-1999 was an abberation.

Where do you get your figure of six months? I'd like to see some references, because I've never heard it before. What I have heard, over and over, is that symptoms are almost always over after three weeks. (Check wikipedia, for instance.)

It is true that occasionally people have what they usually call post-concussion symptoms, though it is unusual. But the possibilities go up when there are previous concussions. As I understand it, Trent has never had a previous concussion.

People who say that Trent is a different guy after that, miss two points. First, he wasn't different in the K.C. game, he was as good as ever. Second, a lot of the reason he was able to make quick decisions in those early games and in K.C. is a simple one. The defenses he was facing sucked. They didn't get much pressure on him and the schemes weren't difficult or complicated. Not to mention that the defensive personnel simply weren't special.

Miami and the Jets exposed a weakness in Trent, that if you block the short routes thoroughly, Trent gets confused. Everyone has done that since they figured it out, and Trent hasn't been able to handle it yet. Why would anyone use a different defence when Trent has yet to prove that he can handle that one? That is the turning point of the season, that and the fact that previously we faced bad teams, then good ones. Losing to the two bad teams we've faced later, SF and Cleveland, can be laid to the lack of confidence that comes in a losing streak, and the fact that everybody is using the defense that they have found to be effective against Edwards.

Trent isn't a different QB. He is the same QB facing a different, more difficult, set of circumstances.

If he had concussion symptoms, the Bills would know. And if they knew, they wouldn't use him, it's basically that simple.

I think Trent overthinks and is overcautious. Sometimes he has to trust that the guy is throwing to is gonna make the play. That being said I don't think the receivers other than Evans & Reed have given him much reason to trust them.

Still he's rapidly becoming Captain Checkdown and that just plain sucks. I see now why Futzchild didn't give the QBs the option to audible. Our QBs just audible into disaster.

C

The play calling has been anything but conservative, and it sure as HELL hasn't been "ultra-conservative." How do you substantiate this? If you say it's because we run too often, then you'll have 1000000 posters here who disagree with you. If you say it's because deep routes aren't ever drawn up, then you're totally wrong. If you're upset about the conservative play-calling on the defensive side (which I'll give you), don't bring that into the argument about Trent. It's just...well it's silly to do that, really.

OK...so maybe the play-calling can't be labeled as "conservative".

Does "predictable" sound better? Even so, it puts Trent in a bad spot, concussion or not. I still think a lot has to do with his confidence and not the concussion.