A Realistic Wish List for 2009

Quarterback Moves: Losman gone, We sign Ramsey to help Edwards

Edwards is obviously the future. I do believe this is his make or break despite this being his 2nd year starting. Is the concussion really an impact on his confidence? We will find out in 2009.

Runningback Moves: Will stay the same, We sign a RB through the late draft

Lynch is our feature back and I believe he will be much better with a new center. Fred Jackson will stay and Omon will also stay unless he fumbles his way out like Dwayne Wright (which I don't think will happen).

Wide Receiver Moves: Will stay the same, We sign a WR in the late draft

Our core is pretty good. We have our Evans, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Jenkins and an upcoming star in Steve Johnson.

Tight End Moves: Royal gone, We sign a TE in the late draft

It seems like one of the Dereks will be starting next year. I really do not know how Royal is starting on any NFL roster.

Offensive Line Moves: Stays the same, We grab a center in the early draft

I know how much we want a new center - but I really don't think anything will change on this line. We pick up a center in the early draft.

Special Team Moves: Stays the Same

Lindell and Moorman are safe.

Defensive Line Moves: Kelsay battles 1st round DE draft pick for starting spot.

I do believe the line will be exactly the same as this year but now we have a stud DE as our 1st rounder.

Linebacker Moves: Crowell gone, We sign a OLB in the mid draft, Vilma signed to 3 year deal.

Jonathan Vilma is our big off season pickup of 2009. Crowell leaves the team. Vilma brings agility and better tackling to the team.

Cornerback Moves: Draft CB in mid draft

I cannot see Greer leaving the Bills this season. The lineup looks basically the same.

Safety Moves: Stays the Same

KO Simpson did show signs of stardom but that quickly diminished. He is slow to get to the ball. Not a great run stopper either. We do have depth at FS but I do not think KO is the answer. He will start in 2009.

Possible Pick ups:

DE Bertrand Berry -Would be a huge pickup but small chance due to Kyle Williams

LB Karlos Dansby - either him or Vilma

QB Boller - either him or Ramsey

WR Jabar Gaffney - If Reed is indeed the 2nd WR in 2009, Gaffney could be a good slot receiver with Parrish

Surprise Move:

K Shane Lechler

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterback Moves: Losman gone, We sign Ramsey to help Edwards

Edwards is obviously the future. I do believe this is his make or break despite this being his 2nd year starting. Is the concussion really an impact on his confidence? We will find out in 2009.

Runningback Moves: Will stay the same, We sign a RB through the late draft

Lynch is our feature back and I believe he will be much better with a new center. Fred Jackson will stay and Omon will also stay unless he fumbles his way out like Dwayne Wright (which I don't think will happen).

Wide Receiver Moves: Will stay the same, We sign a WR in the late draft--WHAAAAAAAAAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME :censored:

Our core is pretty good. We have our Evans, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Jenkins and an upcoming star in Steve Johnson.

Tight End Moves: Royal gone, We sign a TE in the late draft- WE NEED A FA VETERAN WHO KNOW HOW TO CATCH AS WELL AS BLOCK

It seems like one of the Dereks will be starting next year. I really do not know how Royal is starting on any NFL roster.

Offensive Line Moves: Stays the same, We grab a center in the early draft-WE NEED A TRUE VETERAN CENTER VIA FA

I know how much we want a new center - but I really don't think anything will change on this line. We pick up a center in the early draft.

Lindell and Moorman are safe. LINDELL CAN BE REPLACED SAVE THE MONEY GET A KICKER WHO CSN KICK OVER THe 40 yd mark pretty consitnetly

Defensive Line Moves: Kelsay battles 1st round DE draft pick for starting spot. 0:)

I do believe the line will be exactly the same as this year but now we have a stud DE as our 1st rounder.

Linebacker Moves: Crowell gone, We sign a OLB in the mid draft, Vilma signed to 3 year deal. We need 3 LBS

Jonathan Vilma is our big off season pickup of 2009. Crowell leaves the team. Vilma brings agility and better tackling to the team.

Cornerback Moves: Draft CB in mid draft

I cannot see Greer leaving the Bills this season. The lineup looks basically the same. :censored: WE NEED AN UPGRADE OR TWO HERE MOST DEFINATELY

Safety Moves: Stays the Same

KO Simpson did show signs of stardom but that quickly diminished. He is slow to get to the ball. Not a great run stopper either. We do have depth at FS but I do not think KO is the answer. He will start in 2009.

Possible Pick ups:

QB Boller - either him or Ramsey :censored:

WR Jabar Gaffney - If Reed is indeed the 2nd WR in 2009, Gaffney could be a good slot receiver with Parrish

Surprise Move:

K Shane Lechler

Overall I disagree sorry :censored:

I disagree as well, mediocre players at best on this list. Betrand Berry & Dansby would be nice. But they will demand too much money and will never sniff a visit to Buffalo. Now if Ralph Wilson was not the owner, hey maybe it would be different.

But the key word to this entire post......"WISH" thats about all it will be.

Sign Free agents LB Bart Scott and QB Kyle Boller from Baltimore, DE Bertrand Berry from Arizona and G Mike Goff from Sandiego.

Draft C Alex Mack from California in the 1st Round, TE Chase Coffman from Missouri in the 2nd round and the best player available in the 3rd round.

Fire Jauron and hire either Rex Ryan or Steve Spagnuolo.

I'm with BB27. Get this damn Jim Kelly led ownership in here and a coach who has coached O-line at a high level. Someone needs to kidnap Ralph and make him sign it over to Kelly. You know there is probably more than one guy (or girl) here crazy enough to do it!!!! :censored::censored:

I wouldn't mind one of the coaches bisonbrigade mentions if we can't land someone with Oline expertise like Grimm though. This whole thing really sucks. 8 and 8 forever at best............................................................................

........................................... :censored::censored::censored:

Lindell and Moorman are safe.

Possible Pick ups:

QB Boller - either him or Ramsey

Surprise Move:

K Shane Lechler

Why do the Bills sign Lechler, if you say Moorman is safe? Other then that, I think you have a pretty good read on next season. One thing I think needs to happen, despite the money they have already spent on the OL, they really need to draft a first or second round or sign a top level free agent center this off season.

Ramsey isn't the kind of QB we need at backup. I think we need another veteran receiver in the mix that might give a little more stability at the position, need not be a starter. I think Jenkins won't be on the team since we have a lot of special teams guys and not a lot of true receivers with any experience after Reed and Evans.

I don't understand why Edwards is OBVIOUSLY the future. He still has not shown the ability to play well in poor weather, or stay healthy. He has not improved his play & in fact has REGRESSED. I would like to see the Bills bring in a DECENT Vet - better than the two you named to compete with Trent during training camp for the starting job.

I would put Kelsay, Denney, Schobel, Walker and Fred Jackson on the trading block and look to stockpile as many draft picks as I can to rebuilt the offensive and defensive lines. If we can sign Albert Haynesworth, great, if not, don't add big names just to add them...it kills the cap.

Put a premium on defensive line, then offensive line in the draft as we need to take advantage of the horrible winter weather and defense is the route. Try to find a sam Gash type fullback. Offensive linemen should be the smaller quick type that can zone block and really turn Lynch loose

I don't understand why Edwards is OBVIOUSLY the future. He still has not shown the ability to play well in poor weather, or stay healthy. He has not improved his play & in fact has REGRESSED. I would like to see the Bills bring in a DECENT Vet - better than the two you named to compete with Trent during training camp for the starting job.

AMEN!!!