This Dude Gets a Free Pass, Why?

jbird78

Paul Posluzny. I keyed on this guy while watching the defense against miami, is he even on the field? Oh yeah he's getting drive blocked 10 yards down the field, standing in no man's land in the zone scheme's, or getting pushed aside like my niece when he's trying to blitz. If this is the Middle Linebacker we our going to build our team around our defense is in big trouble for a long time. But his hair is really dreamy and he has a strong jaw line so he's got that going for him. :lol: Gimme a break, we need some bad asses on this defense. I don't think we have any.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you a hint. He's white. There're a lot of people on this board that get all giddy when there's a white player. (See the reactions to Brian Leonard prior to the 2007 draft if you need an example.) Plus he's a high character guy and a Penn State guy. That's a lethal combination around here.

I'll give you a hint. He's white. There're a lot of people on this board that get all giddy when there's a white player. (See the reactions to Brian Leonard prior to the 2007 draft if you need an example.) Plus he's a high character guy and a Penn State guy. That's a lethal combination around here.

To be honest with you I was going to mention that (white) but thisis my first post so I was going to test the waters a bit. :lol: I don't know what makes him a high character but eventully he is gonna have to perform if he ever wants to do awkward commercials for Celino and Barnes.

Poz "The O Line for Miami ran me over and my pride was injured, what did I do? I called Celino and Barnes."

Are you for real? I will not speak for others but I could care less what color he is.

The problem with this post is that we have all become wandering lost souls trying to figure out who to blame for the mess this team is. We re looking forward to another season of rebuilding. Crap form the draft .. we got the guy we wanted .. blah blah blah. Training camp . we have made improvements .. we guarantee playoffs ... blah blah blah.

The only thing that will solve all of finger pointing is winning ball games.

I think our whole defense gets a pass. The defense has played well. Well enough to win a lot more games than we have won.

Unless you think that 3 points on offense is enough to win a game.

The Defense has been protected during the "slide" because no offense has really had to score. Especially the last two weeks, but they couldn't get off the field against the Jete, Pats, Browns, and the Cardinals.

Are you for real? I will not speak for others but I could care less what color he is.

You can deny it all you want, but there is a huge segment of this board that totally marks out for white players. I'm not turning it into a whole big racial thing, but I'm just calling it like I see it. Owen Schmidt is another name that comes to mind.

You can deny it all you want, but there is a huge segment of this board that totally marks out for white players. I'm not turning it into a whole big racial thing, but I'm just calling it like I see it. Owen Schmidt is another name that comes to mind.

I'm a white guy and I can see it but It works both ways. I have seen many people scoff at white receivers and white RB's. I can specificly remember guys laughing at Seahorn playing CB. Racism is there but it's there from all colors.

Poz has not played a full season and he has a horrid defensive line in front of him. I give him a pass on those 2 counts. Now after 2 or 3 years of him being mediocre I'll be asking for his head as well.

I am not trying to naively suggest that there are not race problems in our society but if you are an NFL fan wake up. The majority of players are African American. If you root for any team by default you root for all of the players.

I'm a white guy and I can see it but It works both ways. I have seen many people scoff at white receivers and white RB's. I can specificly remember guys laughing at Seahorn playing CB. Racism is there but it's there from all colors.

Poz has not played a full season and he has a horrid defensive line in front of him. I give him a pass on those 2 counts. Now after 2 or 3 years of him being mediocre I'll be asking for his head as well.

There's been some decent white wr's as of late, but white rb's. I can fully understand why people scoff at it. I'm white and mention the idea of a white rb that starts for your team, like people around here wanted to draft brian leonhard for, and I'll scoff at it. Ideally I can care less what race a guy is, but there hasn't been a productive starting white tailback in decades. Kelsay and Denney got passes around here for a loooooong time, and people were blind to their lack of talent. Some even going as far as comparing our high motor trio to the dends for the giants. Justifying Kelsays contract to that of Justin Tuck. Whether it's a race issue or the fact he was drafted here I dunno. There does seem to be a soft spot for good old boys.

Paul Posluzny. I keyed on this guy while watching the defense against miami, is he even on the field? Oh yeah he's getting drive blocked 10 yards down the field, standing in no man's land in the zone scheme's, or getting pushed aside like my niece when he's trying to blitz. If this is the Middle Linebacker we our going to build our team around our defense is in big trouble for a long time. But his hair is really dreamy and he has a strong jaw line so he's got that going for him. :lol: Gimme a break, we need some bad asses on this defense. I don't think we have any.

There's plenty of criticism. Do a search.

Fact is though that the offense is the much bigger problem. (and the QBs are white)

I am not trying to naively suggest that there are not race problems in our society but if you are an NFL fan wake up. The majority of players are African American. If you root for any team by default you root for all of the players.

Dude this isn't some big social comment on inequality. The people around here tend to mark out for white players. That's it and that's all.

Is he even on the field? Yeah, he's on the field. He leads the team in Tot's with 91 (73 solos). I know we have problems all aspects right now, but c'mon, don't pick on Poz. You could argue that he's the only one doing anything out there. He doesn't make BIG plays because there is NO pass rush and he's too busy tackling dudes all over the place.

That's good you named four games the defense didn't play well in (though I don't agree about the Browns at all).

Even the vaunted Titans defense has had that many bad games. No defense is a brick wall all of the time, in every game.

I understand that all defenses get scored on sometimes. But in the Last two weeks if the Bills would have found a way to get tied against the 49ers or the dolphins would you have thought they could make a stop? I don't

I understand that all defenses get scored on sometimes. But in the Last two weeks if the Bills would have found a way to get tied against the 49ers or the dolphins would you have thought they could make a stop? I don't

So you are saying that we should have won those games with our three points then. Good luck with that.

I absolutely disagree with you. After careful film study I am convinced that posluzny is not only our best linebacker but a very good one for the NFL as well. He takes on blocks and keeps himself free very well. I saw him take on Polite's lead bloks head on several times. That is the hardest thing a linebacker can do He reads plays and does not bite on fakes or get caught looking in the backfield. He has better range in coverage than the other linebackers and reacts quickly when he sees pass. We all know he is a good tackler.