Whitner and Poetic Justice.

DDD

Remember during the preseason when Whitner guaranteed the Bills would make the playoffs. Well, I find it quite ironic that he got burned for the winning TD against the Dolphins that effectively ended any chance of a playoff birth. He certainly is not the reason this team is a failure, but damn I wish the guy would close his piehole and make a friggin' play. Mark Messier is the only true athlete that can make the "guarantee" claim. Everyone else including Whitner is blowing smoke.

While it is true that Whitner got beat for the 1st TD of the game, and has not been very effective since returning from his injury, he made several very fine plays yesterday. BTW, the "winning TD" was scored in the 1st Q of the game. The game was far from lost, at that point.

Whitner is not a guy to start bashing, for showing confidence in the beginning of the year. If the combo-pack of Edwards horrible regression, and the coaching (including the playcalling) going totally south, hadn't happened at the same time, the Bills would be in the playoffs. It sure isn't Whitner's fault they didn't make it.

Remember during the preseason when Whitner guaranteed the Bills would make the playoffs. Well, I find it quite ironic that he got burned for the winning TD against the Dolphins that effectively ended any chance of a playoff birth. He certainly is not the reason this team is a failure, but damn I wish the guy would close his piehole and make a friggin' play. Mark Messier is the only true athlete that can make the "guarantee" claim. Everyone else including Whitner is blowing smoke.

Take note of Ko Simpson coming over late in coverage as well on that play.

I'm not covering entirely for DW, but Simpson's anticipation is consistently poor. I believe the Bills will find a way to have Whitner revert to playing FS next year, regardless of who is the HC.

Remember Janet & Poetic Justice??

Move McGee to FS and bench Simpson

Greer and McKelvin can start at CB, with Youboty playing nickel

Youboty could also play safety, but I think he may be gone, as he simply misses too many games. He is gone for the rest of the year, you know. I was a big Youboty supporter, and he showed that he really CAN play quite well, when he gets the chance. But, even I have to admit that he is snake-bitten...or simply can't play hurt. I have a sneaking suspicion he is gone from the Bills and will resurface as a star, elsewhere.

BTW, Simpson played very well for a few weeks, after returning to the starting lineup. I think he is, at worst, serviceable.