• Leave after the national anthem
    • Wear a specific colored shirt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The goal has to be to prompt Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon into action. We must consider the most effective way to do this. Doing something only in the parking lot or not showing up at all may be ignored or misinterpreted as low attendance for a team out of playoff contention or as result of harsh December weather. Wearing a specific color shirt is ambiguous to NFL fans who don't follow the Bills. Concession sales may put pressure on the team from a financial standpoint, but I believe the pressure needs to be greater.

A walkout at the end of the first quarter sends a mighty powerful message. It says that the fans, who will visibly have the ability and desire to show up, will not continue to support the current operating structure of the organization. It will be seen as a national embarrassment for the higher-ups and will generate a fair amount of national press coverage. It's a strong enough statement to put next year's ticket sales in jeopardy (both in Buffalo and Toronto), and may evoke outside pressure from other team owners unwilling to see a loss in mutual profit. Ownership's failure to respond will be seen as a slap in the face to the fans. They will HAVE TO take action.

This team doesn't exist without us fans. We, collectively, have tremendous power in this situation. What better way to exercise it than by sending a statement that we refuse to tolerate this status quo anymore? I'm for the walkout.

Love the bags and signs idea...this organization is an embarassment, and this is a good way to embarass Wilson right back. I'd love the highlight shows to focus on the crowd all wearing paper bags to humilate the man who is so callously willing to bring shame upon the city his team is allegedly supposed to represent.

Love the bags and signs idea...this organization is an embarassment, and this is a good way to embarass Wilson right back. I'd love the highlight shows to focus on the crowd all wearing paper bags to humilate the man who is so callously willing to bring shame upon the city his team is allegedly supposed to represent.

This is an old trick and gimmicky. It means you'll still pay for the sh-t, you just are embarrassed for being a fan. People need to say, they will no longer pay for this treatment...

I like that too but it's been done. By going into the stadium and then leaving before kickoff, then going outside for some brats would be a kick in Ralphs 90 year old Balls.

This is an old trick and gimmicky. It means you'll still pay for the sh-t, you just are embarrassed for being a fan. People need to say, they will no longer pay for this treatment...

Consider that most of the tickets are probably already sold and we're close enough to New England that we risk having Patriots fans fill the stadium. I believe there's little we can do economically at this point for the Patriots game. I continue to support the walkout.

I like that too but it's been done. By going into the stadium and then leaving before kickoff, then going outside for some brats would be a kick in Ralphs 90 year old Balls.

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for drastic action and a walkout. Just thought it might be tough to actually pursuade fans to make that leap en masse...if it doesn't take, you just have a few dozen guys stomping out without any real effect at all. However, bags over the head are a universal symbol for being ashamed of the owner and his team, and would probably attract a bigger, more willing following for a statement to be made.

You need a 60 minute "Dick must go!" chant from a full house. I still remember the Jets fans chanting for Joe Waltons' head (of course, that went on for about half a season).

The sad thing is why doesn't Ralph want to build a team that wins?

Either his sense of reality is distorted or he just doesn't care. Given how long this has gone on I suspect its the later. So sell the team now to a group commited to building a winner in Buffalo and avoid higher capital gains and/or estate taxes that the new administration is going to impose on transactions starting in 2009.

As someone who has backed the Bills since the early 80's I find it difficult to entertain the idea of boycotting the team in any manner. But I understand the sense of frustration, anger, and grief people are feeling.

Either his sense of reality is distorted or he just doesn't care. Given how long this has gone on I suspect its the later. So sell the team now to a group commited to building a winner in Buffalo and avoid higher capital gains and/or estate taxes that the new administration is going to impose on transactions starting in 2009.

It's obvious that he doesn't care. He's simply milking the cash cow for as long as possible before he either sells the team or dies. And the best way to ensure maximum profit is to spend as little as possible in every phase of the operation. Thus, no true GM, bargin basement coach, tens of millions below the cap, etc. Hell, when was the last time they paved the parking lot?

It's obvious that he doesn't care. He's simply milking the cash cow for as long as possible before he either sells the team or dies. And the best way to ensure maximum profit is to spend as little as possible in every phase of the operation. Thus, no true GM, bargin basement coach, tens of millions below the cap, etc. Hell, when was the last time they paved the parking lot?

BINGO.