Simoncast for a SUW

Lori

.... for missing the story that the Bills have apparently brought Wade Phillips back as their head coach. "1a and 1b", only at running back this time. Echoing a lot of the sentiment here - don't be so bleepin' worried about hurting Travis's feelings.

Should be a fun three hours....

.... for missing the story that the Bills have apparently brought Wade Phillips back as their head coach. "1a and 1b", only at running back this time. Echoing a lot of the sentiment here - don't be so bleepin' worried about hurting Travis's feelings.

Should be a fun three hours....

88277[/snapback]

This would be interesting if who is "named the starter" actually mattered. We all know that WM will get most of the carries.

This would be interesting if who is "named the starter" actually mattered. We all know that WM will get most of the carries.

88285[/snapback]

Yeah, but the point a lot of people here already made is that Mularkey's creating a media headache for himself and for the players involved, when he didn't have to. Let's see - we also have "co-starters" at WR (Reed and Evans) and LDE (Denney and Kelsay)....

Just make up your mind, Mike. "Willis is starting this game. Anything beyond that, I can't answer yet." How hard can that be?

Yeah, but the point a lot of people here already made is that Mularkey's creating a media headache for himself and for the players involved, when he didn't have to. Let's see - we also have "co-starters" at WR (Reed and Evans) and LDE (Denney and Kelsay)....

Just make up your mind, Mike. "Willis is starting this game. Anything beyond that, I can't answer yet."  How hard can that be?

88315[/snapback]

I still get the feeling that TD is mostly responsible for the 'co-starting' crap. He seems to care more about how he is viewed as a GM than if the Bills win any games. I can't believe that if MM were truly free to run the team as he sees fit that he'd be pulling this crap. Still, it's such a clusterfug at OBD, who knows for sure!

:doh::lol::lol:

the first play they both start and Drew throws an interception to Eric

88321[/snapback]

Yeah, and probably on some kinda whacked-out double-reverse flea-flicker screen pass........

Dear God. I think I'm staying in the parking lot.

Just make up your mind, Mike. "Willis is starting this game. Anything beyond that, I can't answer yet."  How hard can that be?

88315[/snapback]

Well I guess that's been sorted out now, hasn't it?

Dear God. I think I'm staying in the parking lot.

88342[/snapback]

Hey Lori, BuffaloBart told me that a couple is getting married at Pinto Rons BBQ this Sunday. Who said the tailgate isn't the best part ! I'll make sure to arrive early. I want to see if the new couple gets the ketchup treatment with Ken. :lol:

The game almost does seem secondary. :doh:

Hey Lori, BuffaloBart told me that a couple is getting married at Pinto Rons BBQ this Sunday. Who said the tailgate isn't the best part ! I'll make sure to arrive early. I want to see if the new couple gets the ketchup treatment with Ken.  :lol:

The game almost does seem secondary.  :doh:

88463[/snapback]

From what I understand, they will be involved somehow.....

The wedding starts at 11:00, and everyone's invited. I think an official announcement is forthcoming.

I don't have a problem with the Bills in-effect calling their RB's 1a and 1b (same goes for LDE, and make no mistake, Evans is the starter and Reed is the 3rd WR). The idea was to use BOTH RB's during games anyway, so where is the harm? With QB's it's a different story because you play one QB only during a game (barring injury), but with RB's (and DE's) many teams use at least 2 during games. And another thing to think about is that while Willis is the future (and he may even be the present), by relegating Travis to backup status for the remainder of the season, they basically prevent him from showcasing himself for another team for a possible trade after the season is over. This way Mularkey is saying "whoever plays better will start."

I don't have a problem with the Bills in-effect calling their RB's 1a and 1b (same goes for LDE, and make no mistake, Evans is the starter and Reed is the 3rd WR).  The idea was to use BOTH RB's during games anyway, so where is the harm?  With QB's it's a different story because you play one QB only during a game (barring injury), but with RB's (and DE's) many teams use at least 2 during games.  And another thing to think about is that while Willis is the future (and he may even be the present), by relegating Travis to backup status for the remainder of the season, they basically prevent him from showcasing himself for another team for a possible trade after the season is over.  This way Mularkey is saying "whoever plays better will start."

88530[/snapback]

I think the problem is that with a struggling team, you really need to reward performance. Over the last few weeks, McGahee has played better than Henry, and the team realizes it.

The goal for the remaining games should be to find guys to build the franchise around, not showcase players for trades.