I've lost all respect for Vic Carruci

1billsfan

Don't even start? Whatever. The point was that while JP did not play a good game by any stretch of the word, the entire offense came out and laid another egg and generally looked unprepared and unmotivated. As the head coach, the buck stops with Dick. PERIOD.

Fact is that a guy who is destined to be a career backup came in and ran the offense as efficiently as the Bills' "QB of the Future" did last week, and that Dick's team -- NOT JP's -- has pissed away a 4-0 start and is staring at yet another losing campaign.

WHo else laid an egg on the offense??? The wr's who were open on the long bombs thrown over there heads or the ones that were thrown out of bounds???? Or the one he underthrew in the endzone..How is that being unprepared by your head coach??? He did a nice job running the ball but thats not what he was paid for.....These guys get paid millions and if that isnt motivation then they have the wrong players in my mind.....Now I am not here saying Jauron is not without blame for this years collapse because he is inevitably responsible he is the head coach...He will probably get axed for it...BUt make no mistake about yesterday being on JPs arm..Game mangaement is atrocious, challenges have been awful, use of timoeuts, not running the football enough or giving it time to wok out..All reasons for Jaurons removal in my eyes..But still players have to make plays and JP just doesnt...I cant see why the original poster Lost respect for Caruuci becasue of what he said..And thats why I stated what I did..thats what the thread was about and thats why I answered the way I did..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHo else laid an egg on the offense??? The wr's who were open on the long bombs thrown over there heads or the ones that were thrown out of bounds???? Or the one he underthrew in the endzone..How is that being unprepared by your head coach??? He did a nice job running the ball but thats not what he was paid for.....These guys get paid millions and if that isnt motivation then they have the wrong players in my mind.....Now I am not here saying Jauron is not without blame for this years collapse because he is inevitably responsible he is the head coach...He will probably get axed for it...BUt make no mistake about yesterday being on JPs arm..Game mangaement is atrocious, challenges have been awful, use of timoeuts, not running the football enough or giving it time to wok out..All reasons for Jaurons removal in my eyes..But still players have to make plays and JP just doesnt...I cant see why the original poster Lost respect for Caruuci becasue of what he said..And thats why I stated what I did..thats what the thread was about and thats why I answered the way I did..

What?!? Are you serious? Are you seriously saying that all the problems yesterday were JP's doing? Nothing on the coaching, the O-line, the running game, nothing? Just all JP?

Try:

Lynch - 13 carries for 31 yards.

Jason Peters - abused by Joey Porter

Evans - 3 catches for 23 yards

Fred Jackson - NO touches at all

Duke Preston - not knowing where the QB is on the snap

Lynch, Royal and Hardy - dropped passes that hit them in the hands

14 called running plays, 18 total rushes versus 27 pass plays

Come on. I know JP played poorly yesterday and I know you hate him, but to absolve 10 other players and the entire coaching staff of their blame for yesterday's performance is absolutely ludicrous.

What?!? Are you serious? Are you seriously saying that all the problems yesterday were JP's doing? Nothing on the coaching, the O-line, the running game, nothing? Just all JP?

Try:

Lynch - 13 carries for 31 yards.

Jason Peters - abused by Joey Porter

Evans - 3 catches for 23 yards

Fred Jackson - NO touches at all

Duke Preston - not knowing where the QB is on the snap

Lynch, Royal and Hardy - dropped passes that hit them in the hands

14 called running plays, 18 total rushes versus 27 pass plays

Come on. I know JP played poorly yesterday and I know you hate him, but to absolve 10 other players and the entire coaching staff of their blame for yesterday's performance is absolutely ludicrous.

I forgot about the preston snap..That was pretty emabarassing..I think even Jauron rolled his eyes..But even with all that if had made those plays yesterday we wouldve won..He couldve overcome all those mistakes by others and won the game..Thats what good qbs do..Am I putting all the blame on the qb..Maybe I am..MAybe I shouldnt but he was one the player that couldve made a difference with good play and he didnt...Porter has 14.5 sacks and he is gonna abuse many players and has his whole career..If JP had hit a few of those third down bombs we might had more running plays..We dont know..Alls I saw were missed oppurtunity after missed oppurtunity and it was our Qb missing the majority of them..He has to make the plays when they are there and he doesnt..Does it absolve Jauron for being a bad coach no way..But it shouldnt be the cause of a poster losing respect for Carucci for saying what every other writer watching the game yesterday wouldve said if asked..

OK. Let's, for the sake of argument, say that the offense was awesome except for the play of JP Losman. Riddle me this then. Why is Stanford grad Turk dialing up pass, pass, pass, pass, ... if his QB is the only problem?

I was just about to say something similar. Why, in a game where we were down 10 points until midway through the fourth quarter, were we throwing the ball like we were down 21? What happened to the draws, screens - hell, even a reverse or trick play might have bought the team some breathing room in the box and freed up Marshawn for a couple runs.

OK. Let's, for the sake of argument, say that the offense was awesome except for the play of JP Losman. Riddle me this then. Why is Stanford grad Turk dialing up pass, pass, pass, pass, ... if his QB is the only problem?

Thats the question I have been asking all year..Why on second down and 2 would you go into a shotgun when youre runningback jsut gashed the other team on 3 straight runningplays for 18 yards??? The problem with the running game is they dont stick with it long enough for it to benefit from running it..Then when they do run its from the shotgun formation 65 % of the time..Offensive playcalling is not rocket science..Its doing what you have built your team for..We have the largest o line in the NFL..I dont care if they run 10 times in a row up the middle..Sooner or later the dline is gonna get tired and thats when it pays dividends..If youre gonna pass pass pass you better have a damn good qb and damn good wr's to bear the brunt of the load..We dont so now we suffer..

The offense didnt play awesome but there were still big plays to be made and they fell flat on their face when they tried..And thats the Blame I put on JP..He had big plays that turn games around to be made and he failed miserably...Just like the Denver home opener game last year..Bad play call 3rd down and 1 fourth qtr less than 3 minutes remaining and Fairchild calls a third and bomb..Lee was open by 3 steps play was there game over if the play was made but he overthrew him by 7 yards...The rest is history.. There are no riddles but if your coaching staff is gonna call a game like they do you better have the horses to make em...

Because he was down by two scores for a majority of the game.

Because he was down by two scores for a majority of the game.

Yeah. B-)

That onsides/squib kick that gave the Bills the ball at mid-field said all anyone needs to know about how much respect other NFL coaches have for our offensive staff and players. They knew the Bills couldn't do a damn thing even if they handed them a short field. And they were correct.

Yeah. B-)

That onsides/squib kick that gave the Bills the ball at mid-field said all anyone needs to know about how much respect other NFL coaches have for our offensive staff and players. They knew the Bills couldn't do a damn thing even if they handed them a short field. And they were correct.

That's true. I got a better feel that the Bills would score when McKelvin takes off with a head of steam than I ever got from the offense. They probably figured a McKelvin return is the only thing that could hurt them.

And you lose all credibility when you suggest that a trusted and venerable sports journalist "doesn't get it". It's good to know that you lose all respect for somebody when they don't share your opinion. But yeah, you're more knowledgeable than a football journalist.

He had any credibility? How can you go any lower than 0?

When DJ was asked about that, his response was along the lines of, you've asked me this before, and I've given you the same answer, so I don't think this was the first time it was brought up. It may have been the first time you heard it asked, but based on DJ's response it appeared he's grown tired of answering this question.

why did it take the local Buffalo media until after yesterday's game to talk about the insane coaching deferrals when I've been talking about this since the Miami game in October? Why are they all of a sudden noticing Jauron's horrible coaching skills,

Excuse thread number 8 billion..Dont blame it on JP.Blame it on the head coach who threw the 3 long bombs nowhere near his receivers..Or the fade pattern Jauron underthrew by 4 yards..LOL..Whats lost in all this hatred towards DicK Jauron is the fact if his players on his team made plays in 3 of the past weeks we would be tied at the top of the division..

Since JP is so bad and this is well known, why didn't Dick bring in a real QB to back up Trent?

They actually said it was a run play & Losman audibled out to a pass play.

why even have that play in for this game when JP can not execute it, never could because he has no touch on his passes.

why not give him a pass play with a chance to work, like a quick slant

why wasn't hardy the target since they wasted a 2nd round pick just for this situation.

why even have that play in for this game when JP can not execute it, never could because he has no touch on his passes.

why not give him a pass play with a chance to work, like a quick slant

why wasn't hardy the target since they wasted a 2nd round pick just for this situation.

Agreed. Why even have a play that calls for a fade route/jump ball to a 5-10 receiver? I mean come on. Even if the QB is good at that throw, throwing that jump ball to a small WR is a low-percentage play at best. Heck, why stop there? Let's take Hardy out of the red zone packages and put Parrish in there.

Why not have the tall guy run the fade and have the little guy run a quick slant?

You know why? Because this coaching staff is always trying to show everyone how freaking smart and unpredictable they are. Give it to Beast Mode inside the 5? Heck no, we'll switch it up and put our speed back in there. Have a LB cover a RB out of the backfield? Heck no, our DE will cover him. 3rd-and-short? I-formation, pound the rock with the biggest O-line in the league? Heck no, we'll go shotgun. We're tricky like that...

Agreed. Why even have a play that calls for a fade route/jump ball to a 5-10 receiver? I mean come on. Even if the QB is good at that throw, throwing that jump ball to a small WR is a low-percentage play at best. Heck, why stop there? Let's take Hardy out of the red zone packages and put Parrish in there.

Why not have the tall guy run the fade and have the little guy run a quick slant?

You know why? Because this coaching staff is always trying to show everyone how freaking smart and unpredictable they are. Give it to Beast Mode inside the 5? Heck no, we'll switch it up and put our speed back in there. Have a LB cover a RB out of the backfield? Heck no, our DE will cover him. 3rd-and-short? I-formation, pound the rock with the biggest O-line in the league? Heck no, we'll go shotgun. We're tricky like that...

Evans ran that same play for a touchdown against the Raiders or the Chargers this year..Made a great a catch..Pass was outside the cornerbacks reach like it is supposed to be..Steve Smith who is the same height or even smaller makes thse catches quite often in the endzone...We have thrown that pass 3 times this year to Evans 1 incomplete 1 touchdown and 1 intercepted..I dont have a problem with that play just the execution..Now if they had lined up in the shotgun I wouldve been pissed at the playcall because then the defense knows more often than not your gonna throw it..I agree with the slant pattern with ya...I think the slant pattern hasnt even been called one time this year..Its a joke we have the wr's with speed that can break those into big gainers but we never give it a shot..

Evans ran that same play for a touchdown against the Raiders or the Chargers this year..Made a great a catch..Pass was outside the cornerbacks reach like it is supposed to be..Steve Smith who is the same height or even smaller makes thse catches quite often in the endzone...We have thrown that pass 3 times this year to Evans 1 incomplete 1 touchdown and 1 intercepted..I dont have a problem with that play just the execution..Now if they had lined up in the shotgun I wouldve been pissed at the playcall because then the defense knows more often than not your gonna throw it..I agree with the slant pattern with ya...I think the slant pattern hasnt even been called one time this year..Its a joke we have the wr's with speed that can break those into big gainers but we never give it a shot..

1/3 = 33% success rate = low-percentage play. It's asinine.