Why did the Bills draft Lynch in the first round?

VJ91

What a total waste of a high draft pick. Almost as stupid as when Donahoe wasted a second first round pick on Willis McGahee. 13 lousy freakin' carries for one of the premium running backs in the NFL?? While one of the worst QB's in the NFL was throwing passes to nobody all over the field?

Before Schoenert and the stupidest staff of offensive coaches to piss off Bills' fans since...the coordinator and staff that they replaced here in Buffalo begin their 95 hour marathon of coming up with another idiotic game plan for the Jets, I can save them the trouble. Since Lost-man is not capable of finding a secondary receiver, and since two receivers on the Bills are not capable of getting open on the same play anyway, and since Trent Edwards seems to have quit for the rest of the season because it gets really cold this time of year and he was raised in California, (come to think of it, Lost-man grew up in California and played in the south in college too, do I detect a pattern there?), I have the perfect game plan:

Hand the ball to Lynch and Jackson for a total of at least 30-35 times. There, now Turk and his boys can save their 94 hours and 59 minutes and 59 seconds. I came up with the game plan in one second. In fact, now maybe they can take their lazy, pathetic big fat lineman outside and drill them on the blocking sleds for 3 hours a freakin day so this 1 second game plan can actually have a chance of working against the Jets.

Lynch was not doing JACK yesterday. You can't keep handing the ball off and getting yourself into 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7 situations. In the SF game, YEs Lynch was "on" but he wasn't yesterday. Miami swarmed the running game. The good teams in the NFL mix it up and have some 5 or 6 play TD drives! I'm so sick of the idiots on this board who constantly say "just hand it off the Lynch 25-30 times". The Bills need a QB to complement Lynch...someone that can complete a few 1st and 2nd down passes.

Lynch was not doing JACK yesterday. You can't keep handing the ball off and getting yourself into 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7 situations. In the SF game, YEs Lynch was "on" but he wasn't yesterday. Miami swarmed the running game. The good teams in the NFL mix it up and have some 5 or 6 play TD drives! I'm so sick of the idiots on this board who constantly say "just hand it off the Lynch 25-30 times". The Bills need a QB to complement Lynch...someone that can complete a few 1st and 2nd down passes.

So right now, you'd rather one of our current "qb's" drop back 35 times, miss over half the passes, take 3-5 sacks and turn the ball over 2 times?

So right now, you'd rather one of our current "qb's" drop back 35 times, miss over half the passes, take 3-5 sacks and turn the ball over 2 times?

NO, i would not. It's situational. Run the ball 4 times from Miami's 3 yard line...fine. But in the middle of the field they have to be able to throw some on 1st down otherwise the team would be in 3 and 7 all day.

What a total waste of a high draft pick. Almost as stupid as when Donahoe wasted a second first round pick on Willis McGahee. 13 lousy freakin' carries for one of the premium running backs in the NFL??

Give me a break with the "premium back" crap! Lynch's "good" outings this year came against two of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I'm sick of hearing about BeastMode. Make something happen early in the game and maybe you will get the ball more. :lol: Instead, you did nothing in the running game and then showed why you shouldn't be in the game on passing downs.

Give me a break with the "premium back" crap! Lynch's "good" outings this year came against two of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I'm sick of hearing about BeastMode. Make something happen early in the game and maybe you will get the ball more. :lol: Instead, you did nothing in the running game and then showed why you shouldn't be in the game on passing downs.

How can Lynch make something happen early in the game when he gets one carry every two series?? And what does not gaining yards at the start of the game have to do with not deserving to be in the game on passing downs?

You can't keep handing the ball off and getting yourself into 2nd and 9 and 3rd and 7 situations.

Sure you can. In fact, it will be so cold and windy (or worse) next week in the Meadowlands, either California wuss that lines up behind center will be more then happy to hand the ball off 40 or 50 times if Turk-ey lets them! Besides, running plays take more time off the clock, leaving less time for Favre and the Jets to convert 90% of their third down plays against Perry's bend and break defense all freakin' day. You are living in a fantasy world thinking that Trent "warm weather" Edwards or J.P. Lost-man can be successful running a perfect-world balanced offense. Schoenert is crazier then you, going the other way and making those guys throw more then run in the first place.

Conservative, robotic Dick Jauron, ironically, would have been closer to saving his job if he would have ordered Turk-ey to go run-heavy the past 6 weeks, allowing Lynch to play up to his potential and that big fat line to get into running modes during games. Despite what you and others on this thread think, if the Bills would just stick with the run even if they get nothing the first 3 or 4 times they have the ball, eventually Lynch and Jackson will break some long ones and the defenders will wear down.

See, you're missing the real point here though. I agree, you can't hand off the ball every time on first down from a single back formation to the left side with no attempt at misdirection, counter, pitch out etc. We literally run the same busted running play from the same busted formation. EVERY ONE, including announcers and fans, can predict 9\10 times what play we will call as the bills get into formation. On days where Turk actually mixes things up, and throws PA, counters, draws, and some screens in, Lynch devastates defenses.

So the problem isn't Lynch running, it's the fact that they tell him to run to the same place every time.

Let's be clear. We ran the ball twice on the first series and gained 7 yards (I'll take 3rd and 3 all day) and we handed off to end the half. For the rest of the entire game we handed off ten times since Jackson had 0 carries. 2.5 runs per quarter qualifies as a running game? How many times did Miami run the ball between Brown and Wicky? 30? It's not like they were running it up and down the field either but they kept handing off.

If this were a one week occurence that'd be one thing. Let's reference last week. Trent Edwards, on a windy day, with a groin injury bad enough to sit for a game and a half minimum threw the ball 21 times in the 1st half. Lynch carried the ball 16 times the whole game and was averaging 8.4 yards per carry, not exactly pounding your head into a wall. What's the excuse there?

What a total waste of a high draft pick. Almost as stupid as when Donahoe wasted a second first round pick on Willis McGahee. 13 lousy freakin' carries for one of the premium running backs in the NFL?? While one of the worst QB's in the NFL was throwing passes to nobody all over the field?

Before Schoenert and the stupidest staff of offensive coaches to piss off Bills' fans since...the coordinator and staff that they replaced here in Buffalo begin their 95 hour marathon of coming up with another idiotic game plan for the Jets, I can save them the trouble. Since Lost-man is not capable of finding a secondary receiver, and since two receivers on the Bills are not capable of getting open on the same play anyway, and since Trent Edwards seems to have quit for the rest of the season because it gets really cold this time of year and he was raised in California, (come to think of it, Lost-man grew up in California and played in the south in college too, do I detect a pattern there?), I have the perfect game plan:

Hand the ball to Lynch and Jackson for a total of at least 30-35 times. There, now Turk and his boys can save their 94 hours and 59 minutes and 59 seconds. I came up with the game plan in one second. In fact, now maybe they can take their lazy, pathetic big fat lineman outside and drill them on the blocking sleds for 3 hours a freakin day so this 1 second game plan can actually have a chance of working against the Jets.

Next week, I think we should put parrish under center & run Lynch/Edwards/Losman out of the wishbone next week. The possibilities are endless. Fuggin jets wont know what hit them.