Why the Bills will beat the Dolphins and who the next Bills head coach

Why the Bills will Squish Fish up North

There is tremendous pressure on the Bills as an organization to win this game. This pressure come from the front office and cascades throughout the organization. From a business/marketing standpoint, the game is considered a must win as it is the first real game in this new market. It's likely that Turk Schonert has saved his "money" plays for this game. Look for the Bills to play a conservative, balanced game, yet make the right calls in the Red Zone. Economics is the driver of the league. Most of all, this game has great meaning for Ralph Wilson, economically and personally. While the fans have less passion for the Miami rivalry, it's very much alive with Mr. Wilson.

The Next Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills?

Bobby April. He's highly respected, already an assistant HC and could easily replace Jauron without dramatic changes to the organization and system in place. Look for this to happen at the end of the season should Jauron finish .500 or less.

There is tremendous pressure on the Bills as an organization to win this game. This pressure come from the front office and cascades throughout the organization. From a business/marketing standpoint, the game is considered a must win as it is the first real game in this new market. It's likely that Turk Schonert has saved his "money" plays for this game. Look for the Bills to play a conservative, balanced game, yet make the right calls in the Red Zone. Economics is the driver of the league. Most of all, this game has great meaning for Ralph Wilson, economically and personally. While the fans have less passion for the Miami rivalry, it's very much alive with Mr. Wilson.

Bobby April. He's highly respected, already an assistant HC and could easily replace Jauron without dramatic changes to the organization and system in place. Look for this to happen at the end of the season should Jauron finish .500 or less.

So was the Browns game....LOST.......So was the San Fran game.......LOST.........

I understand what you are saying and all but really......

So, according to the text in bold, Schonert "saved his money plays" at the risk of missing the playoffs? Surely we could've used some of those money plays last week with all of those red zone trips, and the Cleveland game as well, and you can throw in a few others.

We all know how important the business side of the game is but to imply that Turk saved some plays JUST for this game is silly. Because the playoffs bring in good money too, something we won't likely see unless we run the table and get a little help.

I don't disagree with your opinion about Bobby April being highly respected but imagine the reaction that would get. "Ralph is so cheap," "We hired a special teams coach with no experience," and so forth..

agree with some of this, and other parts are plausible. But the idea of saving "money" plays for over half the season until the team is all but out of playoff contention doesn't seem realistic.

I don't disagree with your opinion about Bobby April being highly respected but imagine the reaction that would get. "Ralph is so cheap," "We hired a special teams coach with no experience," and so forth..

I actually am surprised this hasn't been mentioned more often, I can definitely see this happening and is something I would be all for! When Levy came in what was he? He was a cheap replacement from KC - someone who had basically no success and inexpensive....that seemed to work out.

I actually am surprised this hasn't been mentioned more often, I can definitely see this happening and is something I would be all for! When Levy came in what was he? He was a cheap replacement from KC - someone who had basically no success and inexpensive....that seemed to work out.

Marv Levy is the Bills coaching equivalent of the trick that somebody, somewhere, once pulled off on their skateboard decades ago, and dip sh-- kids have been breaking ankles and skinning knees trying to emulate ever since...Ralph has gone the cheap rout 10 times in hiring coaches...it panned out once...and as sacreligious as it may sound, you can attribute a lot of Marv's success in Buffalo to the perfect storm hiring of Bill Polian (another cheap guy nobody knew, or wanted), and the influx of once in a lifetime quality talent like Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed...give Ralph some credit though, for letting the franchise fall so hard, that they were in position to acquire guys like Kelly and Smith as first round draft picks...

I suppose I can see April getting the job, should Jauron actually be fired (I have serious doubts), becuase he would meet all the prerequisite criteria that the owner seems to value. I won't say that I don't like April, but to assume that he would be a sound choice as the Bills HC, simply because he has done a good job with the special teams, and becuase Marv was successful and from a simialr backround, is kind of a stretch. I wouldn't be upset (I have come to expect moves like this), but I can't say it would give me reason to feel confident that the team was finally on solid ground...

Marv Levy is the Bills coaching equivalent of the trick that somebody, somewhere, once pulled off on their skateboard decades ago, and dip sh-- kids have been breaking ankles and skinning knees trying to emulate ever since...Ralph has gone the cheap rout 10 times in hiring coaches...it panned out once...and as sacreligious as it may sound, you can attribute a lot of Marv's success in Buffalo to the perfect storm hiring of Bill Polian (another cheap guy nobody knew, or wanted), and the influx of once in a lifetime quality talent like Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed...give Ralph some credit though, for letting the franchise fall so hard, that they were in position to acquire guys like Kelly and Smith as first round draft picks...

I suppose I can see April getting the job, should Jauron actually be fired (I have serious doubts), becuase he would meet all the prerequisite criteria that the owner seems to value. I won't say that I don't like April, but to assume that he would a solid choice as the Bills HC, simply becuase he has done a good job with the special teams, and becuase Marv was successful and from a simialr backround, is kind of a stretch. I wouldn't be upset (I have come to expect moves like this), but I can't say it would give me reason to feel confident that the team was finally on solid ground...

This is actually what concerns me most about the potentiality of Jauron being fired. Last thing I'd want to see is an another unproven, cheap guy with no HC experience get the job. Sure, it may work. But, more often than not, it seems like it doesn't - especially in Buffalo. I'd almost prefer to give Jauron another year to see if he could pull a change, ala Coughlin, before someone like April got the job. I like April, I do; but as a Special Teams Coach.