UNOFFICIAL Lets pack the Rogers Centre

EndZoneCrew

For all my Bulls boosting I am relatively clueless to the ways of tickets and bowl games. Apparently UB and UCONN had to buy 10,000 seats each. That's what you bought today, their ticket allotment. UB has to eat every ticket they don't sell, so bless you for doing your part. I bought tickets from the I-bowl site before I realized this was the deal. I may find someone to buy my 200-level seats and buy two in the UB section anyway. By the way, what number ticket were you?

PTR

Yeah, that makes sense. Don't know what number I am as I only received my credit card receipt (not numbered).

Here's the latest ticket update on the I-bowl:

UB has sold 4,000 tickets. UCONN has sold 6,000! How sad would it be if a game played in our backyard has more opposing fans? Hmmm...that sounds like a game with another Buffalo team. Yes that sucked, but that team sort of deserved it. This team has brought some glory to our city, and their game in Toronto is historic and a good thing overall.

So please stand up for the U that carries our city's name. Click on the "UB section" link in my signature and buy some I-bowl tickets. What else will you be doing on Jan 3? Nursing a hangover from New Years Eve? Hating life watching the Jets, Pats, or Dolphins in the playoffs? F*** DAT! Come to Toronto and watch some exciting Buffalo football for a change.

PTR

Here's the latest ticket update on the I-bowl:

UB has sold 4,000 tickets. UCONN has sold 6,000! How sad would it be if a game played in our backyard has more opposing fans? Hmmm...that sounds like a game with another Buffalo team. Yes that sucked, but that team sort of deserved it. This team has brought some glory to our city, and their game in Toronto is historic and a good thing overall.

So please stand up for the U that carries our city's name. Click on the "UB section" link in my signature and buy some I-bowl tickets. What else will you be doing on Jan 3? Nursing a hangover from New Years Eve? Hating life watching the Jets, Pats, or Dolphins in the playoffs? F*** DAT! Come to Toronto and watch some exciting Buffalo football for a change.

PTR

Those numbers are off I think on the UB side. In yesterday's News at the bottom of the article was this ticket update

Meanwhile, the excitement builds. UB ran through its initial allotment of 3,000 International Bowl tickets in less than 48 hours. The school opened its box office an hour early Wednesday to service waiting customers and sold 2,000 seats. Another 1,000 were sold Thursday. Additional tickets have been obtained.

So it would seem we have sold 6,000 as well as of Thursday. Personally, I hope for a strong turnout from both sides as I love that college atmosphere when there is give and take between the fans. Should be a great time. Oh yeah, and I agree everyone should go. Let's fill the place.

Those numbers are off I think on the UB side. In yesterday's News at the bottom of the article was this ticket update

So it would seem we have sold 6,000 as well as of Thursday. Personally, I hope for a strong turnout from both sides as I love that college atmosphere when there is give and take between the fans. Should be a great time. Oh yeah, and I agree everyone should go. Let's fill the place.

I was just going by what I read at www.ubfan.com. A post from someone supposedly with knowledge of such things. This is better news.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that the BuffNews story is misleading. They only sold 3,000...2,000 first day and 1,000 second.

PTR

For all my Bulls boosting I am relatively clueless to the ways of tickets and bowl games. Apparently UB and UCONN had to buy 10,000 seats each. That's what you bought today, their ticket allotment. UB has to eat every ticket they don't sell, so bless you for doing your part. I bought tickets from the I-bowl site before I realized this was the deal. I may find someone to buy my 200-level seats and buy two in the UB section anyway. By the way, what number ticket were you?

PTR

That's why the Independence Bowl was the best choice for the Bulls. Selling 10,000 tickets for a game farther away would have been nearly impossible. I bought 200 level seats, mostly because the 10,000 tickets in the UB section are all general admission.

I'll be there. I emailed my friend who works for UB athletics and asked him about ticket sales. His response:

[uCONN is only outselling us on paper. We’ve sold over 7,000 tickets, but many people did the end-around and went directly to Ticketmaster. So I would say the Buffalo contingent is closer to 13,000-15,000 tickets.

Latest update: UB tickets sales over 10,000...UCONN: 3,000. Tickets still on sale so get some and pack the house.

I never get tired of watching this.

PTR

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that video yet. Thought you would be interested, I just received our 6 tix for the game today that I ordered through the UB ticket office and they are in the 200 level on the 40 yard line or so. I am very happy. I guess being a season ticket holder did pay off.

EDIT: check out Matt Pearl from Ch. 2 blog about Turner Gill and some players being recognized on the way to a Sabres game.

Matt's blog