What you post is crazy

WordByrd

I think Turk is doing an excellent job for his first year as an OC. Sometimes it's good to let young coaching talent learn from their mistakes, as opposed to firing them after one year.

Yeah, Turk should have run more last game. But a mark of a good coach--and a good way to assess Turk--is to see if the next time, he does things differently.

I've been waiting most of the year for him to magically change his play calling. Then he reverts to the constant shotguns and throwing.

The Bills RARELY used the play action pass until the Cleveland game week 10. I call Turk Schonert 'shotgun" because that's basically what he constantly calls. The Bills were successful against some weaker teams early in the year. Bills wins= Seattle 2-10-St Louis 2-10,Oakland 3-10, Kansas city 2-10,Jacksonville 4-8,San Diego 5-8. all losing teams.Edwards outstanding play was the result of most of those wins,not the play calling.

The Bills get behind in any game by more then 3 points and the game plan goes out the window and its constant passing plays.The Bills current QB's have shown that can't cannot function in Turks offensive game plan when he calls constant shotguns and passes.

Look at my past posts,I've been saying that Schonert has been pass happy all year,while you think something is gonna change next game. I'm already convinced you can't change a leopards spots. He will always screw the bills with inane passing plays.

Its the start of the fourth qtr and Marsharn has been tearing the the 49ers a new one all game so what do the Bills do? they run him ONCE in the 4th qtr. Oh yeah things will change next game uh huh...sure. :worthy:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of hard to defend Turk on that premise though, is it not? He hasn't once come up with a well conceived game plan to attack a 3-4 defense. It took him 11 weeks and a few phone calls to figure out he might have an advantage working from the press box on game day...
And it took him until week 10 to start calling some play action passes :worthy:

I don't understand how a lot of people can post things like "fire jauron", "draft a QB". This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Did you guys know Buffalo is the third youngest team in the league? Do you remember when Coughlin was on the brink of being fired, and Eli was about to be benched? Then what happened? Ohh yeah, they shut everybody up by winning the superbowl. Give it some time. Trent is so young, and shows so much promise. Eli, Peyton, Cutler, and most QB's took 2 or 3 years to become solid QB's. We know Trent is smart, accurate, a hard worker, and a good face for the Bills. Everyone who calls for replacing him is just ignorant to how football works.

Which brings me to my next point. FIRE JAURON? I don't think so. The man has the respect of his team, and he is full of football knowledge. Once again, our team is so young! We have players who will be great (Marshawn, Trent, Evans, Poz, etc.) JUST LET THEM MATURE. Jauron is just like Marv Levy with his approach. He is quiet, has a lot of football knowledge, and doesn't take crap (notice we don't have an Ocho Cinco or Moss). Listen to the press conferences on Bills.com. You'll constantly hear players praise Coach Jauron. He can't go out there and get experience for them. He can't accelerate experience. We've been tearing everything down and starting all over again every 3 years since Jim Kelly left. DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME TO STICK WITH WHAT WE HAVE? We have potential, and that's very valuable if you're willing to let the young players that we have mature.

I agree with the basic idea of your post here, Poz. I think sometimes people forget that there is only so much to go around in the NFL every offseason and you cannot really blow up a team and start over, while expecting to play well. You would have to hit on multiple FAs and nearly all of your draft. As much as people point to a particular team/GM/draft and say, "Wow, that's what the Bills need," there is no easy and quick way to achieve that. There is a lot of luck that goes into it. I think it's a lot easier to say that the Colts for instance (who everyone would probably say is a good drafting team) need a center last year, so they go out and draft 3 of them. The Bills need a center, but they also need 10 other things, so it becomes a lot harder to draft 3 centers and still try to fill other positions. What you end up with is trying to make the most of what limited resources you have and making concessions to get the best group as opposed to just focusing on filling a position.

Pink-slipping the coach and talking about totally new schemes and personnel are not at all constructive at this time. The Bills are young and learning. They are also undersized for some part. They have spent the last three years acquiring talent that we hadn't had here in a long time: speed. There was a time when our linebackers were getting juked at the goalline by Chad Pennington (worst non-playoff Bills moment ever). It is quite possible that this offseason they finish up the d-line and add a few pieces to the o and have a great chance to really take a step next year.

Next year the AFC East even looks easier. Favre is only 50-50 on playing with the Jets next year and they are nowhere near as good without him. The Pats wasted a year of all their old, vetern talent with Brady out. The Dolphins might actually get better... Or fall apart the year after being decent like every Chad Pennington team ever (one year up, one year down). Next year, with some more, continued improvement over the this year, we could be looking pretty good.

I say let them have another year of it - maybe do something about the play-calling - and see where this thing goes. They are not that far away from a playoff team, especially with a few new players.

Next year the AFC East even looks easier. Favre is only 50-50 on playing with the Jets next year and they are nowhere near as good without him. The Pats wasted a year of all their old, vetern talent with Brady out. The Dolphins might actually get better... Or fall apart the year after being decent like every Chad Pennington team ever (one year up, one year down). Next year, with some more, continued improvement over the this year, we could be looking pretty good.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried....

This WAS the year to end the playoff drought. You had a questionable Jets team with a QB who came to camp late and is still learning the playbook and his players, you had the defending division champ lose questionably the best QB in the league (and one of the best of all time) and you had a team coming off a 1-15 record with a new HC and new players. And despite the table being set for the Bills with an easier than pie schedule, this team still managed to f#ck it up by instituting a baffling offensive scheme with a rookie HC, and a head coach who's game time decisions probably cost us at least 3 games this year.

Next year, all our opponents will be better. New England will be much, much better with their MVP back and they still have Belichek who somehow turns sh-- into stars. The JESTS will get better players to give Brett one last hail mary at a SB and the Dolphins will also be better because Parcells has shown he can run a team effectively and he's hired a very capable head coach who is getting better by the game.

The Bills? If Jauron and his team come back all we can look forward to is another 7-9 season and another DB pick in the first round. YAY!

Next year's schedule is shaping up to be much tougher than this years. Instead of cream puffs in the AFC and NFC West, the Bills play the AFC and NFC South, teams that are actually playing very good football this year. The 2 conference games may actually turn out to be against teams that improve from this year rather than teams that are making smoking craters in the ground like the Browns and Jags did this year. If the Bills walk into that with little more change than a cleaner mirror & new flashpots, they stand an excellent chance of getting rewarded with a very high draft pick.

It begs the question, why is it that Dick has been in this league for eons and yet he can't find a single outstanding coordinator that will come with him and help him succeed as a head coach? He's a nice guy and the opposition is always quoted as gushing about how much they like and respect him...

My answer to my question is that Jauron has always been a bit of a panic hire as a head coach. McGinnis was the choice in Chicago, and after a major flub up, they scrambled and got Jauron. In Detroit, Millen was grasping at straws and promoted Jauron to a position nobody wanted, even Jauron. In Buffalo, the Bills wanted to retain Mularkey, he quit, and they had to scramble and find someone else willing to take the job. The second factor is that Jauron has no record of success, and so cannot command top pay and is seemingly always on a short leash. To hitch one's wagon to Jauron seems an unwise move for a coordinator; he won't get paid well and the stability seems very transient. It's a vicious cycle.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried....

This WAS the year to end the playoff drought. You had a questionable Jets team with a QB who came to camp late and is still learning the playbook and his players, you had the defending division champ lose questionably the best QB in the league (and one of the best of all time) and you had a team coming off a 1-15 record with a new HC and new players. And despite the table being set for the Bills with an easier than pie schedule, this team still managed to f#ck it up by instituting a baffling offensive scheme with a rookie HC, and a head coach who's game time decisions probably cost us at least 3 games this year.

Next year, all our opponents will be better. New England will be much, much better with their MVP back and they still have Belichek who somehow turns sh-- into stars. The JESTS will get better players to give Brett one last hail mary at a SB and the Dolphins will also be better because Parcells has shown he can run a team effectively and he's hired a very capable head coach who is getting better by the game.

The Bills? If Jauron and his team come back all we can look forward to is another 7-9 season and another DB pick in the first round. YAY!

Next year's schedule is shaping up to be much tougher than this years. Instead of cream puffs in the AFC and NFC West, the Bills play the AFC and NFC South, teams that are actually playing very good football this year. The 2 conference games may actually turn out to be against teams that improve from this year rather than teams that are making smoking craters in the ground like the Browns and Jags did this year. If the Bills walk into that with little more change than a cleaner mirror & new flashpots, they stand an excellent chance of getting rewarded with a very high draft pick.

I never said anything about the conference schedule, because that will certainly get harder since we are playing the two worst divisions in football, but it does get harder for everyone.

All I'm saying about the division is that it's not going to be like it was last year when the Pats run the table. I agree that they have all gotten better this year and at this point have left the Bills in the dust. Next year things will be different however.

I understand the Jets have a QB now that hasn't learned the entire playbook and should be better next year (if he plays). My point was more that he may or may not paly next year, he may or may not o to training camp if he does, and he may finally hit the wall if he does. The Pats will be better, but their defense is still getting old and how much past 30 can randy Moss dominate? Miami is much improved this year, but they are nothing special and who knows how long Chad Pennington stays productive.

The Bills, despite being 6-6, are still in the playoff hunt (barely) and are looking to improve on last season's record, which is a real possibility. They have a decent core of young players who have the talent to become very good players in the league. Not many people before the season started gave the Bills much of a chance to be better than 9-7 and most thought another 7-9 or 8-8 season was upon us.

If the Bills keep with the status quo as far as scheme goes on defense and offense, they would be in position for the first time in a long time to take prospects that aren't at positions of absolute need. Regardless of everyone's opinion on the specific players, we can all agree that we have at the VERY least marginal to average NFL players at every position under contract for next year with the exception of center. No one likes the TE, DE, LB, and at times DT postions as they are and they will need some upgrade, but we hacve guys to play there, so the Bills are not forced to fill unless a better option comes up. Personally, I think, in this same scheme, the Bills are a DE (starter), DT (reserve), & LB (starter) away from being able to field a playoff defense. I think the offense could use another outlet pass type player who isn't a WR and the aforementioned center (probably the biggest team need). So fives players would get the Bills to a point where I would feel great about their personnel. Why not let the team get the five players in the offseason and see what happens with more experience on offense and more talent on defense?

:unsure:

This time last year I was the one being ripped by the masses for saying Jauron sucked, needed to be fired, and for the Bills to hire Steve Spaguolo. Where was your support for me against the "morons" and "typical flock mentality"?! Oh that's right, you STILL think that Dick Jauron is salvageable as a head coach.

If you think he should be fired- fine, thats your opinion. What makes you think I guy like Spagnuolo would come to Bufalo, much less coach the team? You have to have a guy lined up if you make a move- I'm tired of these crapshoots whenever Wilson just feels he has to change things just to change them.

All I'm saying about the division is that it's not going to be like it was last year when the Pats run the table.

This logic makes no sense. The AFC East in 07 had one of the best teams in the NFL ever, the Pats, one of the worst teams in the NFL ever, the Dolphins, a very bad team in the Jets, and finally the Bills. The Bills, like any other borderline middling team, should've been able to have a winning record in such a "difficult" division, and they did have a winning record of 4-2.

The strength of a division must be taken as a whole and not simply by looking at the one team at the top. Because the 49ers used to routinely coast to the playoffs with great records did not mean that the rest of their pathetic division was any good or that playing in that division was "difficult". It just meant the Falcons, Saints, and Rams sucked and by majority rule the NFC West was a division of cream puffs.

If you think he should be fired- fine, thats your opinion. What makes you think I guy like Spagnuolo would come to Bufalo, much less coach the team? You have to have a guy lined up if you make a move- I'm tired of these crapshoots whenever Wilson just feels he has to change things just to change them.

I don't think Spagnuolo would come here and I've said that plenty of times this week. Reason being is that he's at the top of the head coaching list and clearly out of the Bills budget price range. That's why I've been promoting Raheem Morris, a guy on the rise who would be available this year but probably not in 2010 for the same reason Spagnuolo won't come here for 2009, he'll be out of their price range.

Ralph Wilson is embarrassed at the coaching ineptitude like us Bills fans. Three years is a long time in the modern NFL world. If you can't get it done or even show progress in a three year span, then that's a clear indication that sticking with the current regime is the crapshoot. The better bet is to blow it up and try again. You don't have to have someone lined up. Once you make the decision that Jauron will never get this team where it needs to go then you fire him, make a list of potential fits and move on with the hiring process.

I don't think Spagnuolo would come here and I've said that plenty of times this week. Reason being is that he's at the top of the head coaching list and clearly out of the Bills budget price range. That's why I've been promoting Raheem Morris, a guy on the rise who would be available this year but probably not in 2010 for the same reason Spagnuolo won't come here for 2009, he'll be out of their price range.

Ralph Wilson is embarrassed at the coaching ineptitude like us Bills fans. Three years is a long time in the modern NFL world. If you can't get it done or even show progress in a three year span, then that's a clear indication that sticking with the current regime is the crapshoot. The better bet is to blow it up and try again. You don't have to have someone lined up. Once you make the decision that Jauron will never get this team where it needs to go then you fire him, make a list of potential fits and move on with the hiring process.

They may not know exactly who they are going to hire, but they need to have some idea of the qualities that they are looking for and the direction they want to go, right? I mean, otherwise, they will just be hiring a guy based on the number of lists he has in his pocket, that he looks familiar, or went to a fine college.

They may not know exactly who they are going to hire, but they need to have some idea of the qualities that they are looking for and the direction they want to go, right? I mean, otherwise, they will just be hiring a guy based on the number of lists he has in his pocket, that he looks familiar, or went to a fine college.

Of course. The Bills need to hire a guy who is an authentic football coach, has a clear vision, is extremely competitive, is fearless, knows what makes players tick and how to get their best on gameday. No premadonnas like Williams and Malarkey and no cronyism like the Jauron hire. They should do their homework and get a lot of referrals and expert opinions regarding whether he does have these qualities or not.