Sloppy Seconds

meazza

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least I found two intelligent responses in this thread. How can anyone think the NHL is not completely off their rocker here? The guy referred to some chick as 'sloppy seconds'?? When I first heard the story I assumed, based on the reaction, than he had called her a dirty c--- or something really vulgar. Even then I couldn't understand what this has to do with the league.

And he's suspended indefinitely?? So now making a derogatory remark about some ex-bimbo is on par with an on-ice attempt to seriously injure an opponent?? Just insane.

:P

She's not bumpin uglies with me so she's a skank! :P

EDIT: Also, the NHL made a bad example here...suspending a player indefinately over comments about an ex-girlfriend? WTF?

Why is this a story? IMO didnt Avery call Marty Brodeur a Fat doughboy or something like that last year in the playoffs....

Well at least I found two intelligent responses in this thread. How can anyone think the NHL is not completely off their rocker here? The guy referred to some chick as 'sloppy seconds'?? When I first heard the story I assumed, based on the reaction, than he had called her a dirty c--- or something really vulgar. Even then I couldn't understand what this has to do with the league.

And he's suspended indefinitely?? So now making a derogatory remark about some ex-bimbo is on par with an on-ice attempt to seriously injure an opponent?? Just insane.

Thank you. This is crap. Bettman's a moron and the league is getting soft.

KD did you see the footage of how it came about? Indefinitely means until Bettman makes a decision, doesn't mean it will be a 20 game suspension. The guy was pretty much trying to insight a riot just before a game, I think that does have something to do with the league.

KD did you see the footage of how it came about? Indefinitely means until Bettman makes a decision, doesn't mean it will be a 20 game suspension. The guy was pretty much trying to insight a riot just before a game, I think that does have something to do with the league.

It would not have been a riot. The Stars don't even seem to like Avery, let alone stick up for him in that game. It would have been a first period fight between Phaneuf and Avery...Avery would have gotten his ass handed to him, end of story.

I understand what the suspension language means, but it's absurd regardless. A suspension for trash talking?? Has that ever happened before in any league?

I understand what the suspension language means, but it's absurd regardless. A suspension for trash talking?? Has that ever happened before in any league?

He pretty much called a press conference to shoot his mouth off, it wasn't like it was in the middle of the game face to face while waiting for the puck to drop. I think the suspension was just to stop him from playing in the game and something happening. Now he doesn't have a team that wants him, problem solved. Players and coaches have been fined for saying things to the media after games so I just think this is the next step for Bettman to stop crap like that.

It is harsh, but he's a dumb ass.

Here's a nice video of Avery :P

He pretty much called a press conference to shoot his mouth off, it wasn't like it was in the middle of the game face to face while waiting for the puck to drop. I think the suspension was just to stop him from playing in the game and something happening. Now he doesn't have a team that wants him, problem solved. Players and coaches have been fined for saying things to the media after games so I just think this is the next step for Bettman to stop crap like that.

Any team that signs Sean Avery is signing him BECAUSE he does stuff like this. I bet he says things that are 900 times worse on the ice. I'm sure that Avery would be the first to admit that if he got the crap kicked out of him he had it coming, because quite frankly he's trying to incite a reaction from the other team.

The fact that the Stars are now saying that they are shocked that he did this is like saying they're shocked that water is wet.

Only for criticizing officials...nothing else in my knowledge.

:P good one Tom, tell me another!

He would have. The Stars are pretty fed up with Avery's schitt and he's not really helping the team. His teammates have no love for him, apparently.

http://tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=258309

He's got a long history of running his mouth (accused a couple times of making racial slurs on the ice, commentary about Marty Brodeur's ex-wife and divorce) and there is a big difference between on-ice, heat-of-the-battle trash talking and a planned, scripted crude remark.

He's got a long history of running his mouth (accused a couple times of making racial slurs on the ice, commentary about Marty Brodeur's ex-wife and divorce) and there is a big difference between on-ice, heat-of-the-battle trash talking and a planned, scripted crude remark.

There is? What exactly is the big difference? It's some idiot running his mouth. Who cares? No one is obligated to listen to him. You want a guy suspended from a hockey league for what, hurting someone's feelings?? Good grief! :P

The pussification of America continues....

There is? What exactly is the big difference? It's some idiot running his mouth. Who cares? No one is obligated to listen to him. You want a guy suspended from a hockey league for what, hurting someone's feelings?? Good grief! :lol:

The pussification of America continues....

Right, you figured me out. I want a guy suspended for hurting someone's feelings. What a pile of crap. It has nothing to do with the "pussification of America." He gathered the media, made sure the cameras were running, and made a rehearsed, planned comment. He made sure it was a news story.

There is a big difference between that and someone letting a couple f-bombs fly in the heat of the moment. If you can't see that I don't know what to say. He publicly embarrassed his teammates, the opponents and the NHL. That's why he was suspended - not because he hurt someone's feelings. :P

Right, you figured me out. I want a guy suspended for hurting someone's feelings. What a pile of crap. It has nothing to do with the "pussification of America." He gathered the media, made sure the cameras were running, and made a rehearsed, planned comment. He made sure it was a news story.

There is a big difference between that and someone letting a couple f-bombs fly in the heat of the moment. If you can't see that I don't know what to say. He publicly embarrassed his teammates, the opponents and the NHL. That's why he was suspended - not because he hurt someone's feelings. :P

Until the union gets involved.