Conditions on the Bailout

And I feel that way about Toyota's and Hondas. Again, difference of opinion.

No. It's your opinion that Toyotas and Hondas suck. Every major objective publication disagrees so it seems like it's a fact that American cars (for the most part) suck and Japanese cars (for the most part) are better.

That being said, Ford has some decent cars these days and believe me, I'm happy about it.

Quick: which American car company is in the best shape? If you guessed Ford, you get a free paid year at the Job Bank. (Before you get your breasts in a ringer, I know: the Unions finally agreed to cave on that absurdity.)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debate? It's not a debate, because genius insists it's the same thing.

Ass hat I have never said it was the same thing. I have said time and time again... that I feel as though it's ridiculous that within the other bailout there was no scrutiny, nothing. Basically a blank check for a really large amount of money. Triple or even four times the amount of this loan/bailout.

No. It's your opinion that Toyotas and Hondas suck. Every major objective publication disagrees so it seems like it's a fact that American cars (for the most part) suck and Japanese cars (for the most part) are better.

That being said, Ford has some decent cars these days and believe me, I'm happy about it.

Quick: which American car company is in the best shape? If you guessed Ford, you get a free paid year at the Job Bank. (Before you get your breasts in a ringer, I know: the Unions finally agreed to cave on that absurdity.)

Fact is that many of the many publications have stated that American cars have caught up and some have passed.

Ass hat I have never said it was the same thing. I have said time and time again... that I feel as though it's ridiculous that within the other bailout there was no scrutiny, nothing. Basically a blank check for a really large amount of money. Triple or even four times the amount of this loan/bailout.

Tell me, Mr. Expert. Where has Treasury put money in without any conditions or scrutiny? I take it that's the argument twister that you're caught up in now, like reflexively attacking a large dollar number. After all, anything with a lot of zeros catches your attention because that's what they put in the headlines.

Tell me, Mr. Expert. Where has Treasury put money in without any conditions or scrutiny? I take it that's the argument twister that you're caught up in now, like reflexively attacking a large dollar number. After all, anything with a lot of zeros catches your attention because that's what they put in the headlines.

Even today in bailout proceedings. The panel had stated that some of the money that has been used for the large financial companies was used appropriately. And that they plan to have those companies back in to explain their actions.

I am no expert. Neither are you. You have your opinions... I have mine. We disagree. Big deal.

Even today in bailout proceedings. The panel had stated that some of the money that has been used for the large financial companies was used appropriately. And that they plan to have those companies back in to explain their actions.

That's not what was said, but don't let that get in your way.

I am no expert. Neither are you.

You're right on one of those.

BS!!! I guess you haven't read much about the UAW adding in even more concessions (on top of the earlier ones)? By the time this contract is up the average union salary will be $4.00 above the foreign made auto workers. The UAW is also taking over retiree health care benefits in 2010. Workers will also be starting at a whopping $9 per hour.

The union is doing all it can to help out the Big 3. And the Job Bank only has 1,200 employees within it. Not even enough to cry over.

It costs the Big 3 $2000 more per car because of the unions. that is a fact. The fact is that the Unions are one of the major causes of this problem, and it's about time that they start giving concessions. Maybe they will pledge to work hard next.

It costs the Big 3 $2000 more per car because of the unions. that is a fact. The fact is that the Unions are one of the major causes of this problem, and it's about time that they start giving concessions. Maybe they will pledge to work hard next.

so what do you think the average UAW worker makes per hour including benefits? Let me guess $73 per hr?

If that's the case, please two steps back and come back later on. Already been listed as false. Even today in bail out talks.

maybe you can pledge to come back after you learn something about unions.

so what do you think the average UAW worker makes per hour including benefits? Let me guess $73 per hr?

If that's the case, please two steps back and come back later on. Already been listed as false. Even today in bail out talks.

maybe you can pledge to come back after you learn something about unions.

While the worker does not get $73 per hour, the total labor cost to build a US vehicle for the Big 3 IS $73 per hour.

Not lies, just figures as reported by NPR, the right wing radio network. :thumbsup:

While the worker does not get $73 per hour, the total labor cost to build a US vehicle for the Big 3 IS $73 per hour.

Not lies, just figures as reported by NPR, the right wing radio network. :worthy:

I am actually looking into this since it was refuted again yesterday during the bridge loan talks. Also, in 2010 the average worker will be making only $4.00 more than toyota,etc.

I am actually looking into this since it was refuted again yesterday during the bridge loan talks. Also, in 2010 the average worker will be making only $4.00 more than toyota,etc.

Which is a shade over 8K a year sans overtime. How many extra cars does Ford/GM/Chrysler have to sell to bridge the competetive gap. 8K difference a year is huge when it comes to labor.

Which is a shade over 8K a year sans overtime. How many extra cars does Ford/GM/Chrysler have to sell to bridge the competetive gap. 8K difference a year is huge when it comes to labor.

The move of bringing down salaries, etc. to be only $4.00 above toyota, etc. will make them more competitive.