Our Bills are soft!

Gisele

Jauron=soft. L>>W.

Soft is an understatement....I dont remember the last time I saw a Bills Player knock the snot out of someone. I personally would love to see the tampa 2 vanish. It only works when you absolutely have all the pieces of the puzzle in place. Look at the Colts, if one or 2 if their star players go down they are screwed just like us. But, if one or 2 of the jets or Pats players go down they keep pluggin along. And yeah, we need to practice outdoors in the cold, rain, snow and sleet. These guys get paid big money to be tough! I get paid not nearly as much to go off to hostile places and fight for our freedom. Semper Fi.

Josh Reed doesn't agree.

But seriously, between the mismanagement of timeouts, questionable game time decisions, and this blunder (not practicing outside often), one would have to question how many years DICK has been coaching for. Someone has to know. While the answer may be a double digit number, to me it seems like the man makes decisions comparable to a guy who has been coaching for less than a few years.

He seems like a really nice guy and all but as far as being a coach, he's a one season wonder.

The Colts Tampa-2 defense isn't just a bunch of tiny guys hustling around the field. They actually have some superior athletes out there on the field that can, despite their size, overpower, out run, and beat the opponent. The Bills got average guys with high motors that try not to fug up too bad.

And that is a way to run a defense...not to fug up? I want a defense that creates chaos and doubt in an opposong offense. I guess Keith Ellison is overpowering people this year...cough cough.

Josh Reed doesn't agree.

But seriously, between the mismanagement of timeouts, questionable game time decisions, and this blunder (not practicing outside often), one would have to question how many years DICK has been coaching for. Someone has to know. While the answer may be a double digit number, to me it seems like the man makes decisions comparable to a guy who has been coaching for less than a few years.

He seems like a really nice guy and all but as far as being a coach, he's a one season wonder.

Oh sweet Jesus, when in doubt bring up the use of timeouts. Nevermind the fact they're usually called by the players, and rarely are we in a situation where we have significantly less timeouts than our opponents.

I have a buddy from Pittsburgh who holds an advanced science Ph D (no dumb cookie) and also happens to be the most knowledgeable sports fan I know. Over the weekend I stuck up for Bills fans when he said they were all winy and didn't know anything about football. After reading all these calls for Jauron's head over THE USE OF TIMEOUTS, I'm starting to agree with him. Get a grip, people. <_<

Oh sweet Jesus, when in doubt bring up the use of timeouts. Nevermind the fact they're usually called by the players, and rarely are we in a situation where we have significantly less timeouts than our opponents.

I have a buddy from Pittsburgh who holds an advanced science Ph D (no dumb cookie) and also happens to be the most knowledgeable sports fan I know. Over the weekend I stuck up for Bills fans when he said they were all winy and didn't know anything about football. After reading all these calls for Jauron's head over THE USE OF TIMEOUTS, I'm starting to agree with him. Get a grip, people. <_<

quit fabricating your story. Its more than just timeouts. Its preparation for games, play calling, lack of emotion. The list goes on and on. If jauron was doing a great job I would say so...but he is not. Good coaches find ways to win, bad coaches lose. In a league of parity thats how it works. Just look at belichek.

quit fabricating your story. Its more than just timeouts. Its preparation for games, play calling, lack of emotion. The list goes on and on. If jauron was doing a great job I would say so...but he is not. Good coaches find ways to win, bad coaches lose. In a league of parity thats how it works. Just look at belichek.

So what, specifically, are players responsible for then??

I agree we are too soft. I've been saying it for years. We need some attitude, we need a couple of guys who'll stand up and get pissed. I thought Donte showed some of this when he ran down that Raider in the endzone and hit him.

I am glad you see what I see...but let me ask everyone this. Has Donte been worthy of the number 8 pick overall? I am not sold yet. But I am on the fence because he maybe covering for alot of deficincies. I dont think the scheme fits him either. Someone help me with this.

Well let me ask you this. And be honest. Doesnt trent always look cold out there? To me the answer is yes. We need to practice outide to get acclimated. And who calls the plays? The coaches do! So when we are inside the 10 and we have been running the ball down their throats..like Lee evans said...run the ball. Its End of november in Buffalo. You have to run 35-30 times a game at least. And to last weeks game...lets kick a 45 yarder into the wind which equals 60 yards. That was some weak play callin at the end. Totally agree with you players have to make plays but coaches have to put them in position to win and prepare them. Soft camps, soft practices etc.... The word on the street is the offense is fed up with all the plays coming in late from the sidelines. Players have to get the plays, get to the line, have the right cadence with enough time allowed so they can execute. Ah, the basics of football. You did bring up some great points though!

I am glad you see what I see...but let me ask everyone this. Has Donte been worthy of the number 8 pick overall? I am not sold yet. But I am on the fence because he maybe covering for alot of deficincies. I dont think the scheme fits him either. Someone help me with this.

I think Donte is better suited as a FS. If he concentrated on that and they would stop moving him around I think he would excel. I think with Poz getting more familiar with calling defense and getting comfortable in the middle I think if we can solidify Donte at FS we would have a strong future up the middle. I think Donte's real strength is in his head.

I don't think they're soft, but I just went to NFL.com and looked at defensive stats.....WOW! They have the complete lists on sacks, tackles and INT's and guess what? NOT one Buffalo Bills player other than Paul Posluszny is ranked AT ALL and he is 27th in tackles!!! Go look for yourselves, but my claim is that this team is nearly devoid of game changing playmakers of ANY sort. Ask yourselves this.... when was the last drive by the opposition stopped by a three and out or forced fumble or INT? Straining for the answer, me too!! The Cowboys have 13 Pro Bowl players and Moorman is usually our candidate, does this say enough about the dilemma when winning is being expected by fans in Dick Jauron's third year? Get him some game changers, and maybe the philosophy will NOT be to play "NOT to lose"!! Oh, and by the way, YES they can be brought in over ONE offseason!!

Well let me ask you this. And be honest. Doesnt trent always look cold out there? To me the answer is yes. We need to practice outide to get acclimated. And who calls the plays? The coaches do! So when we are inside the 10 and we have been running the ball down their throats..like Lee evans said...run the ball. Its End of november in Buffalo. You have to run 35-30 times a game at least. And to last weeks game...lets kick a 45 yarder into the wind which equals 60 yards. That was some weak play callin at the end. Totally agree with you players have to make plays but coaches have to put them in position to win and prepare them. Soft camps, soft practices etc.... The word on the street is the offense is fed up with all the plays coming in late from the sidelines. Players have to get the plays, get to the line, have the right cadence with enough time allowed so they can execute. Ah, the basics of football. You did bring up some great points though!

Okay, may be this will help. I admit that Jauron is an imperfect coach (like the vast majority of coaches).

What I won't accept is that Jauron is a horrible, horrible coach and the firing him would cause this team more good than harm. I think that bailing now would be the definition of Sisyphean, really.

I HONESTLY think that the decisions to pass in the redzone fall under this imperfect but not horrible vein. I also think that "getting too cute" can be attributed to the OC. BUT, regardless I'll re-post my thoughts on this:

Here are the plays from Buffalo's THREE trips to the redzone:

1-10-SF 19 (10:19) (Shotgun) 23-M.Lynch left guard to SF 19 for no gain (91-R.McDonald).

2-10-SF 19 (10:19) M.Lynch lines up at QB (T.Edwards wide). 11-R.Parrish right end to SF 10 for 9 yards (22-N.Clements). Reverse, handoff from M.Lynch. Measurement = third down.

3-1-SF 10 (9:05) 5-T.Edwards up the middle to SF 7 for 3 yards (93-R.Fields). QB sneak.

1-7-SF 7 (8:23) (Shotgun) 22-F.Jackson left guard to SF 2 for 5 yards (32-M.Lewis, 52-P.Willis).

2-2-SF 2 (7:38) 5-T.Edwards pass incomplete short middle to 86-D.Fine (96-K.Balmer). Pass tipped at line, ball fell short of receiver in back of end zone.

3-2-SF 2 (7:32) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass incomplete short right to 82-J.Reed. Thrown away under pressure: P.Willis. Receiver in front right corner of end zone.

1-10-SF 15 (12:09) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to SF 14 for 1 yard (92-A.Franklin, 51-T.Spikes).

2-9-SF 14 (11:35) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short middle to 80-D.Schouman to SF 6 for 8 yards (51-T.Spikes). FUMBLES (51-T.Spikes), recovered by BUF-66-D.Dockery at SF 6.

3-1-SF 6 (10:49) 22-F.Jackson left guard to SF 7 for -1 yards (94-J.Smith).

0-0- Timeout #2 by BUF at 10:05.

4-2-SF 7 (10:05) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short right to 83-L.Evans (91-R.McDonald). Underthrown after QB pressure.

(following the 50 yard run)

1-9-SF 9 (10:23) 23-M.Lynch left guard to SF 12 for -3 yards (32-M.Lewis, 26-M.Roman).

2-12-SF 12 (9:44) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass short right to 83-L.Evans to SF 4 for 8 yards (22-N.Clements). Caught at SF 5, curling to middle.

3-4-SF 4 (9:02) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete short middle to 11-R.Parrish (30-D.Strickland). Receiver and coverage at goal line, crossing from left.

I'd say that claiming to have "abandoned" the run in the redzone is a bit dramatic, but one could make the argument that it wasn't done without historical consideration.

Okay, may be this will help. I admit that Jauron is an imperfect coach (like the vast majority of coaches).

What I won't accept is that Jauron is a horrible, horrible coach and the firing him would cause this team more good than harm. I think that bailing now would be the definition of Sisyphean, really.

I HONESTLY think that the decisions to pass in the redzone fall under this imperfect but not horrible vein. I also think that "getting too cute" can be attributed to the OC. BUT, regardless I'll re-post my thoughts on this:

As for the cold- based on last year, and based on some of the losses from this year, I think Jauron will look to keep his players healthy at any cost.

I'd also like to know if Cleveland, Greenbay, Chicago, New England, the New York teams, et al practice outside. Can anybody provide insight to this?