Maybe its not the QBS...

Poeticlaw

Lets recap since Jim Kelly

Todd Collins, Hobart/Hebert, Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, Alex Vanpelt, Drew Bledsoe, Jp losman, Kelly holcomb, and Trent Edwards.

Thats 10 QBS who have started for this team.

Doug Flutie did nothing but win but the organization did not like his style of play, Johnson had the tools but no talent around him to make the plays, Drews first year he had the tools and the players and then the depleted the offense for him. Now JP and Trent both have no mentor and telling me a career third stringer that is ALex Van pelt is a good mentor proves to be delusional. There are no tight ends on this team, The are no receievers on this team ( sorry going deep does not qualify as a legitimate receiver, neither does paying him 9 mil to go deep) THe Center has been an issue for over a decade that is the anchor of the line stop bringing in guys to convert to a center get a legitmate center.

The problem in my view is the lack of focus for this team. they have no identity, they dont know if they want to be a running team, a passing team, a deep threat team, or a dink and dunk team. Since they dont know what team they are they dont know what players to bring in. Outside of that they certainly do not know hot to use the personnel they have. I dont care what your take is on JP but you had to think at some point this kid was going to take at least 2 shots deep to lee evans right? No they played conservative with him.

We well not overpay again for QBS after the Flutie/Johnson fiasco. Do we really want to draft another QB or trade for a QB or sign a QB all this is going to do is prolong the playoffs and continue into a bottomless pit. I say stick with Trent for the foreseeable future bring in someone who can teach him and someone who can compete some one who can play in cold weather. ( hey maybe a CFL QB to help with the sales in toronto) Sign a center and LT, TE and WR Whether any one wants to beleive it or not we need a #1 receiver a goto/possession receiever that is a playmaker.

Upgrade the secondary.

Finally, Update the head coach,DC and OC. Personally I think if they could afford coward bring him in he will bring us back to greatness. Turn us back into the blue collar team we once were and not this california laid back I hate the cold team we now are.

Its been rather obvious for years that its not the QBs. The Bills have tried to half-ass their way to success offensively for the last decade plus. When was the last time they had a good C? A good TE? When was the last time there wasn't at least one gaping hole on the OL? How often have they had a quality 2nd receiver? When was the last time they brought in an offensive coordinator that they didn't dig up from under a rock somewhere? How often have many of these problems overlapped in that same timeframe?

The results are no surprise. You could put Joe Montana on this offense and he'd be run out of town within two seasons. Until they commit to improving their offense and not just adding a token draft pick or signing someone else's castoffs in an attempt to convince the fans that they're actually trying, this team will never be any good.

I am definitely a "told you so" kind of guy.

So I have no qualms saying, I said this all last year. :lol:

I am happy that other people are starting to catch on. :wub:

It's just to bad the Bills wasted another season. 0:)

Failing to get a real #2 receiver hurt this team. Banking on a rookie to make an immediate impact as a #2 receiver was a huge mistake. Roscoe Parrish has become the Josh Reed of old with all of his drops. Parrish is more of a 4th or 5th WR, not #3. Steve Johnson should be getting more playing time and more looks at the #3 position. Schoumann & Fine are good backup TE's, but we need a legitimate staring TE not Royal. A good center would be nice. But most importantly, it would be nice to finally have a real head coach, instead of going the cheap rout & hiring coordinators to do the job.