Emotion, intensity and attitude.

bleedinblue

I've been a diehard Bills fan since the beginning in 60 and never have I been as disappointed in a performance as in the one I witnessed today. In a game that was basically make or break for the season, these guys played with zero intensity, no urgency and nada emotion. And that my friends is not on the coaching, it is on the players themselves. Time after time we hear ex-players say that the emotion and intensity has to come from within, coaches can't provide it. The great Thurman Thomas stated this just last week on his radio spot and be serious, Marv was certainly no rah-rah in your face coach. This is not high school, not college, motivation is from your own pride and professionalism. The game plan was good enough (350 yds of offense), the mistakes (dropped passes, penalties, bad punts, missed assignments, poor execution) destroyed any chance of it working. The defense was adequate (gave up a measly 195 yards) and even made a huge stop when needed most, then the offense fell on their collective face. The kicking game stunk. Until this bunch assumes responsibility for their own destiny and develops some attitude and swagger, they will continue to be a talented but inconsistent team and the Buffalo fans deserve better.

I've been a diehard Bills fan since the beginning in 60 and never have I been as disappointed in a performance as in the one I witnessed today. In a game that was basically make or break for the season, these guys played with zero intensity, no urgency and nada emotion. And that my friends is not on the coaching, it is on the players themselves. Time after time we hear ex-players say that the emotion and intensity has to come from within, coaches can't provide it. The great Thurman Thomas stated this just last week on his radio spot and be serious, Marv was certainly no rah-rah in your face coach. This is not high school, not college, motivation is from your own pride and professionalism. The game plan was good enough (350 yds of offense), the mistakes (dropped passes, penalties, bad punts, missed assignments, poor execution) destroyed any chance of it working. The defense was adequate (gave up a measly 195 yards) and even made a huge stop when needed most, then the offense fell on their collective face. The kicking game stunk. Until this bunch assumes responsibility for their own destiny and develops some attitude and swagger, they will continue to be a talented but inconsistent team and the Buffalo fans deserve better.

Isn't it on the coaches/front office if they put players on the field who don't play with emotion, intensity and attitude?

1960? I've been following the Bills since I was a wee lad when they lost the 1966 championship to KC. We've witnessed many a performance like today's. Sadly, it's actually all too common.

It's funny, but I am distinctly in this category too! If the Bills are outplayed, I am OK with it if I'm certain that they are battling and giving it their "all", but are simply losing. When I detect that they are mailing "this one in", so to speak, I get highly upset too. The common notion here is that the Bills are better than they truly are and, to me, they better find some playmakers in the 2009 draft because they are literally void of THAT type of player.

Amen.