Bush handing out pardons

I was looking forward to seeing how all the Bush Republicans would react to the inevitable slew of pardons that their guy was going to be giving out...it all comes back to Clinton...sweet...never disappoint! Clinton gives them to terrorists, Bush gives them to his criminal buddies...do a sense a tad of racism here flomoe? Clinton never labled himself the "first black president"...what relevence does that have here? Are we projecting problems onto Obama? It never changes....just the other day, Rush was training his idiots...err...ditto heads to refer to the recession as the "Obama recession" which was the result of the "Clinton caused war"....I am not even making this up....

Chill dude. Don't be a complete partisan.

Clinton pardoned a guy named Rich, the husband of a significant contributor, and the USA record holder for tax evasion at $800,000,000. That's $800,000,000 frigging dollars and you have to take shots at W for a list that isn't even out? And this doesn't even count the the mid-western mafioso or the terrorists you refereed to. The Rich pardon will never cease to ranker. It is about as close to obvious corruption that the general public can get direct evidence on. Aside from the obvious and legalized bribery of the PAC.

Your hatred of republicans does not mean you have to defend the indefensible.

As for the "first black president" statement, you are probably off base. The original poster was not necessarily making a racist statement, and you do not need to educate anyone on the color of Clinton's skin. It was a widely publicized 'label' given to Clinton by... are you ready?.... black people. As for why he used the label in this context I will not conjecture, but it is not a label Clinton gave himself. And he did not make it up.

Cartoon Network showed the Robot Chicken/Scott Norwood episode earlier this week. I can't find the clip on YouTube . . . For those who have never seen it . . .

3 kids are in a school hall and one places a "Kick Me" sign on another kid. A guy in a Bills uniform runs by slips and falls . . . The sign placer then points to him and yells, "You suck, Scott Norwood!"

Good times . . . good times

Chill dude. Don't be a complete partisan.

Clinton pardoned a guy named Rich, the husband of a significant contributor, and the USA record holder for tax evasion at $800,000,000. That's $800,000,000 frigging dollars and you have to take shots at W for a list that isn't even out? And this doesn't even count the the mid-western mafioso or the terrorists you refereed to. The Rich pardon will never cease to ranker. It is about as close to obvious corruption that the general public can get direct evidence on. Aside from the obvious and legalized bribery of the PAC.

Your hatred of republicans does not mean you have to defend the indefensible.

As for the "first black president" statement, you are probably off base. The original poster was not necessarily making a racist statement, and you do not need to educate anyone on the color of Clinton's skin. It was a widely publicized 'label' given to Clinton by... are you ready?.... black people. As for why he used the label in this context I will not conjecture, but it is not a label Clinton gave himself. And he did not make it up.

Uh, you are pretty much repeating what I was saying. The minute anyone brings up W's pardons, the right wing nuts automatically refer back to Clinton, as if to say "well, it may be bad, but what Clinton did was worse".

You obviously missed the point about Clintons skin...there was no reason for anyone to refer to the color of anyones skin in this post (real or imaginary), but flomoe threw it in there, is if it was somehow relevant to anything being discussed...and you can't see that it means anything...that is what you might call institutionalized racism.

I wasn't defending anything, or anyone (Republicans or Democrats, Clinton or Bush), only pointing out that the only way Republicans can defend Bush, is to say "Clinton badder"...you are proving my point. When referring to George W Bush, wouldn't you think it was odd, if someone said, "Bush, the 42nd white person to be elected president, was the worst president ever". What relevence would his skin color have? Bad is bad...

Not until he pardons Nick for time served as the Dolphelons coach.....

There must be a standing rule in that family (I've heard Nick and Lou are distant cousins) that no one can coach in the pros for more than 4 years.

At least Lou brought home 2 championships.

Uh, you are pretty much repeating what I was saying. The minute anyone brings up W's pardons, the right wing nuts automatically refer back to Clinton, as if to say "well, it may be bad, but what Clinton did was worse".

You obviously missed the point about Clintons skin...there was no reason for anyone to refer to the color of anyones skin in this post (real or imaginary), but flomoe threw it in there, is if it was somehow relevant to anything being discussed...and you can't see that it means anything...that is what you might call institutionalized racism.

I wasn't defending anything, or anyone (Republicans or Democrats, Clinton or Bush), only pointing out that the only way Republicans can defend Bush, is to say "Clinton badder"...you are proving my point. When referring to George W Bush, wouldn't you think it was odd, if someone said, "Bush, the 42nd white person to be elected president, was the worst president ever". What relevence would his skin color have? Bad is bad...

I didn't understand why he brought it up. I was mostly responding to the possibility that you where unaware of the label and its origins. Until further review I will withhold judgement on the poster's intent.

Some day, hopefully, "we the people" will be able to comment on politics without the need to defend or attack - but rather, to assess the rights and wrongs of it. As of right now we are all a bunch of trained monkeys responding to the invisible organ grinders...

If Bush really wants his spot in history he ought to pardon OJ. Pacman Jones too so he can continue acting like a thug (Can NFL override President Pardons?). For that matter he can pardon entire Dallass team for past and future problems.

Michael Irvin deserves a pardon.

:D

I didn't understand why he brought it up. I was mostly responding to the possibility that you where unaware of the label and its origins. Until further review I will withhold judgement on the poster's intent.

Some day, hopefully, "we the people" will be able to comment on politics without the need to defend or attack - but rather, to assess the rights and wrongs of it. As of right now we are all a bunch of trained monkeys responding to the invisible organ grinders...

The term was coined by a black writer, Toni Morrison...I pointed that out in the original post...I guess I am not making my point clearly...I give up...whether it was flomoes' intent to inject race into it, I am not sure...but he/she did. If it was not his/her intent, it is sad that flomoe wouldn't realize it. If it was, then that is sad too.

Maybe they just do it to get a rise out of you, since it's apparently so easy.

Stays under the radar? Huh? Right wing nuts have been pissing and moaning abot this for close to a decade now...that unpatriotic liberal media at it again I suppose! :D

Well lets be honest here.

I wouldn't call the liberal media patriotic would you ?

Well lets be honest here.

I wouldn't call the liberal media patriotic would you ?

Maybe not...but sexy, and with swagger, yes! :censored:

The irony is, for he last 10 years, FOX News, the highest rated television news outlet, was railing on about the liberal media...sort of unwittingly admitting their own lack of legitamicy as a news source...