FLA gay adoption ban determined unconstitutional

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted no on 8 here in CA (mostly because I vote no on pretty much all propositions) but if they reverse it here I'm never voting again on a proposition. The will of the people never works here. They've overturned so many of the votes here it's ridiculous.

Well, the Constitution can't be amended by a simple state referendum, thankfully. The problem is, allowing a referendum with obvious Constitutionality problems to go to a vote. It can be quite frustrating when people vote on an issue, but the vote ends up meaning nothing. Of course, it isn't the court's fault, it is the fault of the referendum's sponsors.

Wow. At this pace they may soon be drinking from the same water fountains as the rest of us.

Though if they're fat and need two seats on an airplane its different. They're bigots against fat people that fly on air planes. Sad. !@#$ing liberal hypocrite bigots. Gay rights? Sure! Fat rights! No way! Liberal assholles!!

Lurker leading the way for this bigotry!! <_<

Though if they're fat and need two seats on an airplane its different. They're bigots against fat people that fly on air planes. Sad. !@#$ing liberal hypocrite bigots. Gay rights? Sure! Fat rights! No way! Liberal assholles!!

Lurker leading the way for this bigotry!! :oops:

A person can lose weight they can't change their DNA. Stupid post. <_<

Link? Who has proven that this is a genetic trait? Just sayin...

Oh, nevermind, I'm a bigot. Ignore me and respond to Elligant Idiot's thoughtful postings...

I may have misspoke when I said genetic but there is scientific evidence of differences in brain structure.

Link

"While this is not a litmus test for sexual orientation, this finding could prove to be one additional valuable piece of information for physicians and individuals who are trying to determine their sexual orientation. Sometimes people aren't sure of their sexual orientation.", she said.

An analysis based on the size of the corpus callosum, and test scores scores on language, visual spatial and finger dexterity could "predict sexual orientation in 95 % of the cases", said Witelson.

Still, the direct genetic factor is not the only aspect that could explain this difference. In women, the corpus callosum is much bigger than in men. That's why women have their brain functions more distributed, while men have a more "asymmetrical" brain, with more specialized areas and, for example, a stroke on the left hemisphere, which can induce speech loss, it is more devastating for men. This means that homosexuals have more "womenized" brains (as found also by tests exploring their behavioral skills), fact that could be explained by hormonal ratios and balances in the womb. Indeed, this imbalance could have a genetic reason, but not necessarily.

Link

There is as yet no known genetic link for homosexual behavior. No doubt such

complex behavior would be controlled by a number of genes so, if there is a

genetic "cause", it will probably be a group of genes. There are a number of

species that exhibit unusual sexual behavior from time to time, depending on

environmental situations. Primates, rodents and birds I know (there are

probably more of which I am not aware ) exhibit examples of what one might

call homosexual behavior. Crowded conditions will often lead to a variety

of unusual behaviors in animals.

Link

Homosexual behavior is largely shaped by genetics and random environmental factors, according to findings from the world’s largest study of twins.

I may have misspoke when I said genetic but there is scientific evidence of differences in brain structure.

Link

"While this is not a litmus test for sexual orientation, this finding could prove to be one additional valuable piece of information for physicians and individuals who are trying to determine their sexual orientation. Sometimes people aren't sure of their sexual orientation.", she said.

An analysis based on the size of the corpus callosum, and test scores scores on language, visual spatial and finger dexterity could "predict sexual orientation in 95 % of the cases", said Witelson.

Still, the direct genetic factor is not the only aspect that could explain this difference. In women, the corpus callosum is much bigger than in men. That's why women have their brain functions more distributed, while men have a more "asymmetrical" brain, with more specialized areas and, for example, a stroke on the left hemisphere, which can induce speech loss, it is more devastating for men. This means that homosexuals have more "womenized" brains (as found also by tests exploring their behavioral skills), fact that could be explained by hormonal ratios and balances in the womb. Indeed, this imbalance could have a genetic reason, but not necessarily.

Link

There is as yet no known genetic link for homosexual behavior. No doubt such

complex behavior would be controlled by a number of genes so, if there is a

genetic "cause", it will probably be a group of genes. There are a number of

species that exhibit unusual sexual behavior from time to time, depending on

environmental situations. Primates, rodents and birds I know (there are

probably more of which I am not aware ) exhibit examples of what one might

call homosexual behavior. Crowded conditions will often lead to a variety

of unusual behaviors in animals.

Link

Homosexual behavior is largely shaped by genetics and random environmental factors, according to findings from the world’s largest study of twins.

I like the use of words like "could" and "probably". So the brain thing tries to explain why men are homo's but what about butch dikes? What about the 'pitchers? Did the lisp develop when their brain grew? I didn't see that addressed. I don't have a beef with you Steeley, but the FACT is that there is currently no proven scientific data that proves this is a genetic trait. It just may turn out to be so, but can we agree that at this point there is no scientific evidence that proves this to be the case?

Unlike McKinley, I'm not calling you names for your belief. I may be wrong in mine, but my belief is based on the old fairytale that everyone here loves to discount and until mankind proves that it is genetic, I'll believe what I believe.

I like the use of words like "could" and "probably". So the brain thing tries to explain why men are homo's but what about butch dikes? What about the 'pitchers? Did the lisp develop when their brain grew? I didn't see that addressed. I don't have a beef with you Steeley, but the FACT is that there is currently no proven scientific data that proves this is a genetic trait. It just may turn out to be so, but can we agree that at this point there is no scientific evidence that proves this to be the case?

Unlike McKinley, I'm not calling you names for your belief. I may be wrong in mine, but my belief is based on the old fairytale that everyone here loves to discount and until mankind proves that it is genetic, I'll believe what I believe.

Sometimes you can tell when a kids three. Lisps aren't fake they're really the way they talk. I have friends with lisps and friends who don't have them but are gay.

You can believe what you want to believe but my final question is why would anyone choose to be gay?

Man I thought I shot down this whole "gay is not natural" this with the hermaphrodite images.

Dangit where is that thread.

I mean come on is you have a penis and a vagina (and yes people do) ... wtf do you do about it?

Go fuc# yourself?

:thumbdown:

Sometimes you can tell when a kids three. Lisps aren't fake they're really the way they talk. I have friends with lisps and friends who don't have them but are gay.

You can believe what you want to believe but my final question is why would anyone choose to be gay?

To answer your last question first- Who the Eff knows? I explained a personal story in another thread about my sister, but to be clear, I don't necessarily think her situation is the norm. What makes a man prefer a dudes behind over the snapper is way beyond my level of comprehension. I do understand a lesbian wanting snapper though :thumbdown: Just kidding.

Look, I think we can agree to disagree on this. I have a friend from high school who lives here in San Diego who was gay and got kicked out of the Navy for it. In fact, he was over for dinner two weeks ago. He has shunned the homosexual lifestyle and for the record, he isn't a religious person (so don't go trying to blame this on religion). He now says he is asexual. I really don't get into depth about his sexual orientation because it really isn't an issue for me. He's a good dude and that's the bottom line.

Regarding the lisp, my personal experience is with a buddies brother who we hung around for years. While he might've felt gay his entire life, he didn't 'develop' a lisp until he came out of the closet to his family and friends. And boy does he have a lisp! That to me is a psychological thing that homosexual men do to broadcast that they're gay. I just find it amusing how this suddenly develops.

That to me is a psychological thing that homosexual men do to broadcast that they're gay. I just find it amusing how this suddenly develops.

I agree. I never understood the lisp. My money is on very few people naturally have it, and most gay dudes just make it up psychologically.

My theory is you can be turned on by whatever you want to be turned on by. Some folks are just a lot more comfortable with same sex.