On the topic of McKelvin- call me a prophet

TheKing

During the week I made a post where I listed what the Bills should be looking to do after the Cleveland loss as they play out the season.

One of the things was to keep McKevlvin in, because he looks like a playmaker.

Also I added that they should try him in spots at WR, because he is a threat when he gets the ball.

The response that I got was that he had horrible hands.

I said it didnt look that way on last week's near pick.

He made the big plays in this game didnt he?

How can a player with horrible hands make 2 picks in one NFL game?

Instead of too much of the "I told you so", I want to move onto another question.

We had multiple posts after the draft criticizing this pick and claiming that outstanding corners were not important in cover 2.

So the question is obvious...what do these people have to say about their expertise now?

Feel free to help dig these post-draft threads up, and we will take a look at what the gurus on the board were saying.

That should be interesting!

FOOTNOTE: Losman saw some mop up duty today, all it did was remind me of BlueBird Day.

Anyone who really knows football already knew McKelvin has world class talent. You don't have to be a prophet to see that you just have to be somewhere close to knowledgable about football personnel, which a lot of posters here are not. It's a simple fact of fandom that the certain percentage who know next to nothing about football also think they know the most.

Anyone who really knows football already knew McKelvin has world class talent. You don't have to be a prophet to see that you just have to be somewhere close to knowledgable about football personnel, which a lot of posters here are not. It's a simple fact of fandom that the certain percentage who know next to nothing about football also think they know the most.

To the contrary some of the most highly regarded posters (not neccessarily highly regarded by me) on this board were harshly criticizing the pick.

And in recent weeks we have had people calling McKelvin a bust.

So apparently to many it WASN'T obvious what kind of player he is.

To the contrary some of the most highly regarded posters (not neccessarily highly regarded by me) on this board were harshly criticizing the pick.

Are you a troll? There is a huge difference between criticism of a player and a draft selection.

Donte Whitner is a good player, perhaps very good, but I think that the draft selection was ill advised. A strong case could also be made that corner was not our biggest need in the 08 draft. This doen't mean that McKelvin isn't a good player. It just means that Jauron once again disregarded other areas of need, such as both lines.

She, was a highly regarded poster to some.

And in recent weeks we have had people calling McKelvin a bust.

So apparently to many it WASN'T obvious what kind of player he is.

During the week I made a post where I listed what the Bills should be looking to do after the Cleveland loss as they play out the season.

One of the things was to keep McKevlvin in, because he looks like a playmaker.

Also I added that they should try him in spots at WR, because he is a threat when he gets the ball.

The response that I got was that he had horrible hands.

I said it didnt look that way on last week's near pick.

He made the big plays in this game didnt he?

How can a player with horrible hands make 2 picks in one NFL game?

Instead of too much of the "I told you so", I want to move onto another question.

We had multiple posts after the draft criticizing this pick and claiming that outstanding corners were not important in cover 2.

So the question is obvious...what do these people have to say about their expertise now?

Feel free to help dig these post-draft threads up, and we will take a look at what the gurus on the board were saying.

That should be interesting!

FOOTNOTE: Losman saw some mop up duty today, all it did was remind me of BlueBird Day.

I agree with everything you said about LeoMac. He will be a star, it might take awhile longer then some hope but screw those people. That being said, do you really need to be validated by the crazies on this board?

Are you a troll? There is a huge difference between criticism of a player and a draft selection.

Donte Whitner is a good player, perhaps very good, but I think that the draft selection was ill advised. A strong case could also be made that corner was not our biggest need in the 08 draft. This doen't mean that McKelvin isn't a good player. It just means that Jauron once again disregarded other areas of need, such as both lines.

Jauron made the right pick didn't he troll?

Who else would they have taken that could be as big a play maker as Mckevlin?

HUH, tell me you troll?

Jauron happens to be 100% correct with this pick, so guess again and get a clue.

I agree with everything you said about LeoMac. He will be a star, it might take awhile longer then some hope but screw those people. That being said, do you really need to be validated by the crazies on this board?

I'm not really looking for validation.

These people like to be big mouths attacking better opinions then their own.

And then when they turn out to be wrong, which is usually the case, they want to be let off the hook.

They want it both ways.

They want to be obnoxious AND they want an unwritten rule where their big mouths are not taken to task.

The kicker is... It works the other way more than we think... Most people who actually have the power to pull the strings now the same... Jack squat.

I think even Marv "you wil be sitting with the fans" Levy would agree... The thing is he a viable plan and knew where is was going.

One has to adjust and be creative... Even with your available talent... And then ride it. Never assume anything.

No. Not within JAURON'S scheme and the way HE wanted this team to play. Now, I am saying that is the right plan of attack... But, with DJ's it was. We will see if that equates to winning on the field.

What I am saying is that nobody is right, nobody is wrong if they are staying consistent and sticking with their plan.

Jauron made the right pick didn't he troll?

Who else would they have taken that could be as big a play maker as Mckevlin?

HUH, tell me you troll?

Jauron happens to be 100% correct with this pick, so guess again and get a clue.

You should really pull your head in.

Bill may well be single minded in his view of the draft(I've had some good discarguments with him in the past on the subject).......but for somebody who has been around here for two weeks to label a 7 year vet who contributes greatly to this board a troll is ill-advised at best.

Bill may well be single minded in his view of the draft most things in sports and politics (I've had some good discarguments with him in the past on the subject).......but for somebody who has been around here for two weeks to label a 7 year vet who contributes greatly to this board a troll is ill-advised at best.

Corrected. Bill: :rolleyes:

Bill may well be single minded in his view of the draft(I've had some good discarguments with him in the past on the subject).......but for somebody who has been around here for two weeks to label a 7 year vet who contributes greatly to this board a troll is ill-advised at best.

He's a troll.