Are current woes caused, in part, by conditioning???

BuffaloBill

During the SB run it could be argued that the Bills were the best conditioned team in football. Whenever they needed a push in the fourth quarter they were able to find the needed gas in the tank. I wonder if the current Bills string of wilting at times in the 4th Q (NE drive for example) and the injuries are due to subpar conditioning as compared top other teams. Perhaps this is the worst legacy left behind by Mike Mularky who ran off Jones.

I am not trying to suggest that the team lacks in conditioning compared to the average Joe but in comparison to other elite teams. We keep hearing that the margin of victory in the NFL is small. I wonder if the conditioning and nutrtion progam is a small but important competitive edge to teams that win consistently.

During the SB run it could be argued that the Bills were the best conditioned team in football. Whenever they needed a push in the fourth quarter they were able to find the needed gas in the tank. I wonder if the current Bills string of wilting at times in the 4th Q (NE drive for example) and the injuries are due to subpar conditioning as compared top other teams. Perhaps this is the worst legacy left behind by Mike Mularky who ran off Jones.

I am not trying to suggest that the team lacks in conditioning compared to the average Joe but in comparison to other elite teams. We keep hearing that the margin of victory in the NFL is small. I wonder if the conditioning and nutrtion progam is a small but important competitive edge to teams that win consistently.

Thats a very intresting question. I've wondered that myself.

I agree 100%. Jones was the best in teh business and Donahoe/Williams let him get away. Part of the patronage of NFL coaches and GM's. RW should have told them Jones stays. Poor decision.

Every team has major injuries

True, but the Rusty Jones era had fewer injuries than today.

Also, the team, as a whole, was more fit. Flab, like the Jason Peters' bouncing belly when he runs, was not tolerated. Heavy, "flabby" linemen will be runover by most DT's and LB's. Nor can they pull well.

I have seen this as a problem for a while and even wrote Chris Brown about it and he thinks the conditioning staff are top notch, but to me I don't see it. I live in Arizona and have seen the differance in a good conditioning program. When the Cardinals hired their new coach they also hired Jon Lot as conditoning coach; the guy who is in charge of the bench press at the combine and I see a totally different team. Also it seems that the Bills do get out muscled alot by better conditioned teams. I say please bring back Rusty! :o

Our problems are caused by not addressing the offensive/defensive lines, changing QB's and changing coaches. Every time you change one of those, you start over. You can't effectively run anything on offense or defense without a strong line

It can't be a coincidence.