Trent's stunning & naive public admission

Dont forget that there's only so many defensive schemes out there and sooner or later, he'll have them figured out. He isn't a moron like JP, so in the long run, the more that he sees, the better it's going to make him.

I just don't expect him to keep making the mistakes that he's been making throughout his career. It's normal for young QB's to look short and make turnovers. The problem comes when he's in his 3rd or 4th year and he's still making them, but I don't think that will happen.

well hopefully he figures out how to play against the 8 men in coverage defenses that we've been seeing every week for the past month!

p.s. "open" receivers? :unsure:

plenty of open receivers on Monday Night

Here's one for instance...on the drive that ended in a Fred Jackson fumble...there was a completion to Steve Johnson for 21 yards. Thing is, Roscoe had his man beat by at least 2 steps with nothing in front of him except end zone. Instead of dumping it off to Johnson, he could've lofted it over Roscoe and had a TD. I remember when the play happened and thinking (God, I hope that we score on this drive because we had an easy TD that Trent didn't throw)

I gotta believe coaches already do this. I don't think he gave away anything.

Yes, and any offensive coach or head coach worthy of an NFL job knows this and should also know that they have to prepare for the unexpected. Trent's cooments suggest that the Bills "braintrust" told him: study this and you'll be ready. Great job guys. Way to groom your young QB.

Suddenly, JPs criticism of the offense last year is gaining credibility.

Yes, and any offensive coach or head coach worthy of an NFL job knows this and should also know that they have to prepare for the unexpected. Trent's cooments suggest that the Bills "braintrust" told him: study this and you'll be ready. Great job guys. Way to groom your young QB.

Suddenly, JPs criticism of the offense last year is gaining credibility.

suddenly? It was obvious early last season how putrid the play-calling was

Go out and have a good game against KC and all is forgotten.

No way. Trent's play over the last few weeks - 8 picks and two fumbles lost in the last four games, with just 3 TD passes - is a major reason we've dropped four in a row and fallen from first to last in the division. A good game and a win over a 1-9 team with the 31st-ranked defense will do nothing to reinstill hope in his game, at least not in my eyes.

If he rediscovers his confidence, puts together a few solid games in a row and the Bills climb back into the division race, then I'll start attributing this rough patch as just that. Until then I am going to be very concerned about TE.