coaching

vegas55

Well, you are free to disagree all you want. :D

I agree that the center of the Bills line sucks, btw. Especially the C position, where the Bills don't have any good options. OTOH, Lynch is far too prone to dance around in the hole and try to turn a clustertuck into something shiny. Fred Jackson comes in and looks better because he just takes the ball and hits the crack and runs downhill. Lynch has to realize he's not going to take every hand-off to the house.

You can also feel free to give your opinion on Marshawn Lynch :lol:

Even though it sounds just like the stuff that people were posting about Willis McGhee when he was here, happy feet and dancing...

Seems like a lot of people want to blame the running back even though they freely admit the offensive like has some huge problems

I suppose you agree that Turk Schonert should be calling the shotgun play 25 times a game ...and on third down and one on 3 different occasions like he did against the Patriots??

This current coaching staff will RARELY call for a play action pass...which btw is a main play called by 99% of the NFL teams. I suppose you will say that there is nothing wrong there either. :rolleyes:

You can also feel free to give your opinion on Marshawn Lynch :D

Even though it sounds just like the stuff that people were posting about Willis McGhee when he was here, happy feet and dancing...

Seems like a lot of people want to blame the running back even though they freely admit the offensive like has some huge problems

I suppose you agree that Turk Schonert should be calling the shotgun play 25 times a game ...and on third down and one on 3 different occasions like he did against the Patriots??

This current coaching staff will RARELY calls for a play action pass...which btw is a main play called by 99% of the NFL teams. I suppose you will say that there is nothing wrong there either. :rolleyes:

Whatever, man. You can stop hurting yourself trying to force words into my mouth.

My take is that Jauron gives his staff complete control over offense=Turk schonert-Defense Perry fewell- Special teams Bobby April. The latter is not a bad thing as Bobby April is one of the best in the NFL.

Schonert is a rookie and Fewell is in his second year.

I kindof see this exactly the opposite. Early in the season I think so. The offense was a lot wider open with long passes to Lee Evans and going for the jugular with a 30 yard TD on the first play after the pick against Seattle. The defense was playing very aggressive in the first 4 games. Then things conservatived up. I think this is due to Dick telling the Perry and Turk to cool it. We don't want to get too far ahead. We're taking too many chances. We want to win 13-10. So Perry and Turk are doing what their boss is telling them to do.

On anther note, a lot of people on here continually complain about going into the shotgun on 3rd and 1 and passing. If you watch other NFL games, you'll see that a lot of other teams do this too. Not just the Bills. I saw it 3 times in the NY Jets vs. NE Patriots game last week. Those teams seem to be doing OK. I've also seen Denver, Pittsburgh, and Dallas do it among others. I'm not advocating it, I'm just saying a lot of successful teams do it too.

Well, you are free to disagree all you want. :rolleyes:

I agree that the center of the Bills line sucks, btw. Especially the C position, where the Bills don't have any good options.

I suppose I put those words in your mouth?

What I am trying to do is point out that Marshawn Lynch is the least of the Bills current problems right now.

I kindof see this exactly the opposite. Early in the season I think so. The offense was a lot wider open with long passes to Lee Evans and going for the jugular with a 30 yard TD on the first play after the pick against Seattle. The defense was playing very aggressive in the first 4 games. Then things conservatived up. I think this is due to Dick telling the Perry and Turk to cool it. We don't want to get too far ahead. We're taking too many chances. We want to win 13-10. So Perry and Turk are doing what their boss is telling them to do.

On anther note, a lot of people on here continually complain about going into the shotgun on 3rd and 1 and passing. If you watch other NFL games, you'll see that a lot of other teams do this too. Not just the Bills. I saw it 3 times in the NY Jets vs. NE Patriots game last week. Those teams seem to be doing OK. I've also seen Denver, Pittsburgh, and Dallas do it among others. I'm not advocating it, I'm just saying a lot of successful teams do it too.

Honestly I don't ever recall seeing Bret Farve in shotgun on third down and one. However I do recall third and three and Third down and two.

Considering the Jets have the AFC's leading rusher in Thomas Jones I'd think that would be really idiotic for them to call shotgun and throw with only needing one yard for a first down.

I don't recall any other team using a shotgun play on third down and one as many times as the bills do,Its why I mentioned it.

Stop pissing and moaning and enjoy them while they are still in town.

I live for the Bills as much as anyone, but it has been very hard to "enjoy" what I've seen the last month. And the worst part is, I am starting to regret that I have conditioned my son to be a Bills' fan. Have I scarred him by connecting him with this perennial loser of a franchise?

Coaching sucks....'nuff said! :rolleyes:

No, the QB sucks right now. Nuff said. In the NFL you have to react to a coverage and throw to a spot. Trent is waiting to actually see some one in that open space before he tries to throw the ball about 90% of the time. The window closes and you're left with three 1st Quarter picks. Simple as that. TE has to throw to the opening and not keep holding the ball for 4 and 5 seconds. Our WR's are getting open.

third and one in the shotgun makes no sense to me at all. if you're planning to pass, a play action call would be nice to try to fool the defense into committing to the line of scrimmage or freeze the linebackers for a second. without a back you can only pass or qb run. to line up that way, get confused, call timeout, and then proceed to line up in the same formation again is purely stoopid in my book....

third and one in the shotgun makes no sense to me at all. if you're planning to pass, a play action call would be nice to try to fool the defense into committing to the line of scrimmage or freeze the linebackers for a second. without a back you can only pass or qb run. to line up that way, get confused, call timeout, and then proceed to line up in the same formation again is purely stoopid in my book....

I agree :unsure:

This Bills team RARELY utilizes play action pass which would help both the passing game and running game. I really am having a difficult time understanding why the OC TurkSchonert is constantly calling shotgun and throwing while not even trying to run the ball

One game he started the very first series with an 8 yard run from scrimmage,(I'm thinking awesome!) The next two plays were passes(you guessed it...shotgun) that went incomplete,next play is a friggin punt :unsure:

[/b]

Honestly I don't ever recall seeing Bret Farve in shotgun on third down and one. However I do recall third and three and Third down and two.

Considering the Jets have the AFC's leading rusher in Thomas Jones I'd think that would be really idiotic for them to call shotgun and throw with only needing one yard for a first down.

I don't recall any other team using a shotgun play on third down and one as many times as the bills do,Its why I mentioned it.

I'm like 99% sure I saw Brett in the shotgun on 3rd and 1 in that game early in the 4th quarter. He didn't get it either and they had to punt. When you watch other games, you'll see other teams do this. I know I've seen it several times this year.

Not saying it's good, just that the Bills aren't he only team to do it.

I'm like 99% sure I saw Brett in the shotgun on 3rd and 1 in that game early in the 4th quarter. He didn't get it either and they had to punt. When you watch other games, you'll see other teams do this. I know I've seen it several times this year.

Not saying it's good, just that the Bills aren't he only team to do it.

Go watch the replays on NFL network. It was third and TWO. Big difference between Brett Farve and Trent Edwards also..

The shotgun formation was developed specifically for third and long downs and showing the opponent that you are going to throw the ball because the team obviously is forced to...Why not at least let the opponent guess what your going to do on third and one instead of boldly showing them.

Like I said,they went shotgun third and one 3 different times and all went incomplete,next play was a punt. The one time they were in I formation on third and one and ran the ball it went for a first down.

Simply because other teams make stupid calls at inopportune times doesn't mean its the proper thing to do!

Turk Schonert has to be the biggest bust I've seen here in a long time. He came in promising that we'd see much more ballsy playcalling, and after 10 weeks, Jauron's already lulled him to sleep. Nobody even REMEMBERS how the Bills were gonna use the no-huddle a whole bunch this year, do ya? And Edwards IS getting surprised by identical defensive schemes game after game. Fewell has created a defensive scheme that confuses his own players, and that does speak of Jauron and his stupid degree from Yale, but the way Turk has become Steve Fairchild II speaks of Jauron's overall wussiness, perhaps also a product of Yale, I don't know. They both should resign and coach Men's Rowing, a real Yale sport, and a sport where it's GOOD for the participants to face backwards while moving forwards. And they should take Marv and his Million Dollar O-Line with them.

This current coaching staff will RARELY call for a play action pass...which btw is a main play called by 99% of the NFL teams. I suppose you will say that there is nothing wrong there either. :censored:

There are 32 teams. If 31 teams run the play action, its 97%. If 32 teams run it, it's 100%. No 99% in there.

There are 32 teams. If 31 teams run the play action, its 97%. If 32 teams run it, it's 100%. No 99% in there.

My point was that the bills RARELY utilize "play action",which is kinda lame considering they want to throw so often.The Bills still use it,just not nearly enough.(99%-97% whatever...you get the point right?

To the people that think Marshawn dances too much,I just enjoyed the way he danced through the browns secondary to score a touchdown on Mon night :censored: