Edwards is the future....

YOOOOOO

Right now at this very moment.... no...

At seasons end, that may all change....

Trent has done a very good job so far this season....his potential to be great is there.....but no team RIGHT NOW would give up a first for him....

I'm probably going to be labeled a Trent hater for saying this....and I'm not....buttttttt

Were 4 games in.....He has yet to have a complete game from start to finish ... and were going to get a 1st for him....cmon now....isnt that alil premature.....

His ability to put it together in the 2nd half has been amazing....but

Let him put together a complete game...and make it thru one NFL season as a starter...

I really think when the season is finally over and were rolling into the playoffs at 11-5....he's thrown for 3800yds 25TD's or so.....then every team lacking a solid QB would likely give up a 1st to have him.....

but until then......

NOPE!!!!

Above is a reply to the absurdity of teams giving up a first round pick for Edwards....Alot of people got blinded by our 4-0 start, and didnt even want to consider his flaws....

Back then I saw the flaws in his game....I tried to point them out in various other posts....but continually got labeled a Trent hater....

and I'm far from it(I still believe he is our QB of the future)...

BUT.....

His lack of confidence(not lack of arm strength)

His lack of awareness in the redzone

His unwillingness to let a play develop(going to the checkdown to quick to often)

His inability to scan the field

His trouble in less then ideal conditions(cold, windy, rainy etc etc)

are all thing he needs to improve on(i left a couple other things out, like audibling/pre snap management, cuz I beleive the coaching staff are handcuffing him here)

These are things he has to improve on, and all these can be easily improved thru game experience....so benching him now would be a huge mistake.....

Lets try something new for once??

How bout backing up our young QB...thru his struggles, Let him Develop....Let him improve, workout his flaws thru practice and on gameday...

By this time next year...we will know if we got ourselves a QB....

Sound reasonable to me.

Although honestly, it might not be next year. Eli took almost four years to figure things out. And you're saying Trent will get it by the beginning to the middle of his third. It's certainly possible. But far from inevitable. Brees also took into his fourth season to become good.

So if he's not good next year, it will still be too early to be sure, IMHO. So much of developing a young QB is pure faith in the face of common sense, against the evidence of insecurity that almost all young QBs have, both the eventually good ones and the eventually bad ones. Faith that JP never recieved. We MUST put that faith in Trent, even when it's painful and seems misplaced.

Sound reasonable to me.

Although honestly, it might not be next year. Eli took almost four years to figure things out. And you're saying Trent will get it by the beginning to the middle of his third. It's certainly possible. But far from inevitable. Brees also took into his fourth season to become good.

So if he's not good next year, it will still be too early to be sure, IMHO. So much of developing a young QB is pure faith in the face of common sense, against the evidence of insecurity that almost all young QBs have, both the eventually good ones and the eventually bad ones. Faith that JP never recieved. We MUST put that faith in Trent, even when it's painful and seems misplaced.

Well he doesnt have to be good by next year......thats not the end all be all...But we should have an idea.....He has to show improvement in those aspects of his game...

Above is a reply to the absurdity of teams giving up a first round pick for Edwards....Alot of people got blinded by our 4-0 start, and didnt even want to consider his flaws....

Back then I saw the flaws in his game....I tried to point them out in various other posts....but continually got labeled a Trent hater....

and I'm far from it(I still believe he is our QB of the future)...

BUT.....

His lack of confidence(not lack of arm strength)

His lack of awareness in the redzone

His unwillingness to let a play develop(going to the checkdown to quick to often)

His inability to scan the field

His trouble in less then ideal conditions(cold, windy, rainy etc etc)

are all thing he needs to improve on(i left a couple other things out, like audibling/pre snap management, cuz I beleive the coaching staff are handcuffing him here)

These are things he has to improve on, and all these can be easily improved thru game experience....so benching him now would be a huge mistake.....

Lets try something new for once??

How bout backing up our young QB...thru his struggles, Let him Develop....Let him improve, workout his flaws thru practice and on gameday...

By this time next year...we will know if we got ourselves a QB....

That's fine. As long as we drop our expectations for playoffs this year and admit we're still "rebuilding" you can tolerate his ups and downs. What to do about a head coach is more pressing.